Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Insomnia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey, everybody. Lately I've been suffering from insomnia, anxiety and stress for the past couple of weeks now.I've been praying my heart out, but it seems like God doesn't want to answer any of my calls at the moment; this has caused me to lose some faith a little bit. Please pray over me that I regain my faith, my sleep and a calm sense of mind. I don't want to stay up anymore. Thank you.

Hey,

I've had this problem alot before, it comes and goes i find.

Is there any cause of your anxiety?

Without sounding silly have you tried the normal things to help you sleepl; a warm bath, reading, cutting out some caffine? You may already have done this and i'm sorry if i'm no use but i will keep you in my prayers as i know how infuriating it is when all you want is sleep.

On the God side of it, sometimes i just talk to Him about everything thats rushing through my head at night, not a prayer as such but more a conversation. might be worth a shot, but he hasnt abandonned you, thats for sure!

take care

Based on the info you've provided, it's a little hard to figure out what's keeping you awake.

Pray that the Lord will reveal the things that are disturbing you so much. I've dealt with a lot of stress lately too, and God has given me peace by changing my life circumstances a little... he gave me a labrador retriever puppy (stranded on the side of a highway) that now demands my attention and draws my mind away from my complicated stress-filled job the moment I walk through the door at the end of the day. God knows HOW to help you, and he promises that he will.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Read that first part carefully... do NOT be anxious... that's a COMMAND. It's you're choice to be anxious or to turn it over to God, do what you can do, and leave Him to do the hard part. If you obey, His peace will be upon you. If you don't, then is it God not answering, or is it YOU not obeying?

From a physical standpoint, consider cutting out naps and late meals. Do some exercise several hours before bed time (not close to bedtime, as that will energize you).

Take time to pray before you go to bed, and then LET IT GO. It's a DISCIPLINE.

If you have any physical issues that could be causing insomnia, you might want to talk to a doctor.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back