Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS DEMONIC POSSESSION REAL ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some on this thread are getting frustrated because I'm not posting a verse where Jesus says so.

But you're not a believer so I doubt that would convince you.
It wouldn't. In order to determine if something is true or not, we need to be able to produce at least some kind of evidence for it. If no evidence is required to believe something is true, one wonders if there is anything you won't believe?

It wouldn't. In order to determine if something is true or not, we need to be able to produce at least some kind of evidence for it. If no evidence is required to believe something is true, one wonders if there is anything you won't believe?
This is a good interview with Fr. Lamparth....

There's a docu about Fr. Amorth.
Can't find it....this is the trailer.
Russell Crowe played him in a movie based on fact....but Hollywoodized of course.

Padre Pio was oppressed by satan.
You could read his life story.
A couple of movies have been made about him.

But where is the evidence that it's actually real?
Jesus talks about this, but not in a way that is welcome on this forum. i.e. what happens in the world stays in the world. If it was in the LIGHT, no one would follow it. (well, not wisely anyway) But they would see it for what it is, in the LIGHT, and not be deceived anymore, or if deceived, it would be because they choose to be.

Something like demonic possession cannot be reproduced and studied like it's a science experiment, unfortunately. There isn't something we know of that we can put under a microscope say "there it is, we discovered what demons are."

I don't think there is anyone who knows exactly how it happens. Provided that, demonic possession may not be something accepted by the scientific community because, as you said, there seems to be a lack of evidence when the symptoms of demonic possession can instead be explained by something testable like an illness or some other natural phenomena.

However, when mental illness, physiological conditions, or other naturally occurring phenomena have been ruled out there are still those who remain that are apparently demonically possessed. How and why do I know that? Because the instruments of the spiritual aren't the same as the instruments of science. Yet, the spiritual can be tested.

How would you explain someone who is apparently demonically possessed being restored to normal through prayer and the laying on of hands after science failed to resolve it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back