Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is God Regretting Himself?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

Is God Regretting Himself?

In Genesis 6:6 God regretted having made human beings. Since God created man in his image is God regretting himself?

Genesis 6:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.

Two points have to be made. One, God regretted making human beings but not the image that they represent since that would be God regretting himself. Two, God regretted making human beings 'on the earth'.

When God created man in his image, God was ensuring that his only Son could then become man without any recreation of God's image. Truly Jesus Christ became man without being created, for Jesus Christ's image of God as a man is actually the image Jesus Christ had in heaven as God!

Jesus Christ is God become man and not a man created with an image of God! God has no regrets of looking upon his son Jesus Christ as a man for Christ was not a created human being but God become man.

It is well known that once every believer in Jesus Christ arrives in heaven they will be given a new body. Therefore God will have no regrets in looking upon any believer in Jesus Christ in heaven since they will become a New Creation as a human being made in heaven and NOT still in their old body made here on earth.

For all those people who look upon Jesus Christ as coming back to establish his kingdom on THIS earth they will be sorely disappointed as anyone still in human form made of this earth will be tossed in the Lake of Fire to an existence in hell forever. Every person who resides in heaven with Jesus Christ MUST have a new body made in heaven and not one made of this world on earth.

Only Jesus Christ will have a human body made of this earth since Jesus is God become man and not a created human being. Jesus Christ was not created but is God the Son become man and therefore God the Father does not regret his existence.

When a person becomes one with Jesus Christ in spirit, all of the condemnation of regret that God feels is canceled out and when the believer in Jesus Christ arrives in heaven they will be given a new body created in heaven that will not bring bring upon it any condemnation of regret by God ever again!

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and become one with him in spirit through the indwelling Holy Spirit (hint: get baptized) and you'll spend eternity with God the Father, God the Son Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit without any condemnation of regret as spoken by God in Genesis 6:6. You'll be a New Creation made in heaven and not a condemned human made of this earth!

God Bless

The observations that are put in play, perhaps, to me at least, is the theological category called theodicy, generally meaning the scriptural observances of Perfect God's allowance of evil to exist.

I think it quite safe to assume that God is against evil. The more probing questions are why it is allowed. At the heart of that question, we find His Mercy, expressed.

Without the contrast, of evil, Mercy would just be 'all talk, no action, no proof.' What we have with not only evil, but creation itself are expressions of Gods Mercy in "creating" things lesser than Himself. And this, all done under the Divine Auspices of His Mercy, which is an integral part of His Eternal Being.

So, when we observe Gods "regrets" or even "remembrances" it is a form of preamble to the working distribution of His Mercy. Was it therefore "merciful" for God to destroy the inhabitants of the earth? I might say it all depends on what we think we might see in those events. God specifically created flesh man to die in any cases of sights. This is reality.

What we find behind that is His Sovereignty in and with "all things" in His creation.

Deuteronomy 32:39
See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

If we understand the "cadence" of God in and with all things, we will find two workings, always. One in contrast to the other. Without the contrast it's just "all talk, no action." Creation itself then is an expression of these two workings. Of evil and of good. And His Working Perfection, over and above "all things." All things therefore in service and subservience to His Sovereignty. Yes, evil is His servant. Death is His servant.

IF even these workings serve Him, His Sovereignty is beyond reproach. All things serve His Sole Pleasures. Rev. 4:11. His Mercy Endures Forever.

God REMEDIES, by His Mercy. He RESTORES by His Mercy. He wounds and He heals by His Mercy. He KILLS and MAKES ALIVE, by His Mercy.

He submitted His Own Self, to these Divine Equations in Christ, His Son.

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

The Treasure House of Gods Gems extend beyond our sights. We can look back and see no end, or forward and see no end. We can be assured, all this well beyond our present comprehensions.

From a philosophical observation, this may be described by endless, without beginning or ending Divine Objectivity (beyond expression or capture), and equally without beginning or ending Divine Subjectivity (the commanding of this, from Divine Objectivity.) This combination may be described as Christ and His Bride. The "marriage" of the Objective with the Subjective. And this is then the expression of Him, As the Objective, "I create" followed by the Subjective, "I Kill" and the Objective, again, "I Make Alive."

These are the "Expressions" of the Father and The Son. A Wonder to observe, and "participate in" from the seat of "subjectivity."

Exodus 33:
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

In the cleft of The Rock, we have the vantage point of observation, without destruction. It is His Breath of Life, that has been breathed into the dust of man.

Isaiah 2:10
Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of his majesty.

It is Gods Pleasure to regret. And His Pleasure, also to forget.

"I will remember their sin no more."

Gen 6:5 ¶ And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Gen 6:6 - And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Gen 6:7 - And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.​

If the image of God in which we were created was one where every imagination of the thoughts of His heart was only evil continually, then I suppose God might be regretful. However, that is not the God of the Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back