Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Medical request

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

baylok

Having knee surgery tomorrow. Nothing life threatening, but anything can happen.

Yoish

I will absolutely be praying for you. I know that the littlest things in life could have a bad outcome but I know that with God by your side you will be okay. Good Luck and God Bless :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :Fade-color :Fade-color :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly: :B-fly:

Hey Baylok. I'll keep you in my prayers regarding your surgery. May the doctors be very skillful and may you have a very speedy recovery.

Didn't see your request before surgery...so I'm praying for a good recovery for ya now :)

Thanks all! Everything went well.

While I was recovering, my schedule was completely out of whack, and I did not get to spend enough time here as I wanted.

Basically, I had some torn cartilege, calcium deposits, and a pretty good sized osterchondral defect (basically a benign bone cyst). It was the defect and its repair/removal which caused the most trouble.

I was on crutches in a non-weight bearing status for a little over 4 weeks. The week of Thanksgiving I was told to start weaning myself off of crutches, and by the end of the following week, I was walking on my own. Stairs are still a small challenge, and it will be another 4 to 6 weeks before I am back to 100%. I am still hoping I can salvage a ski outing before the end of the season (as it happens, I bought new skis at the end of last season), and the doc said I should have a good chance at that, and should be ready to go in late February or early March.

Thanks again for the prayers and support.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back