Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Men are like . . .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
J

Jack Lewis

Men are like fertile eggs. There's a shell that eventually needs to be cracked, but it has to be done the right way and at the right time, and the egg needs to be treated the right way until it happens. If the shell is cracked from the outside, too soon, the chicken will either be undeveloped, or missing the exercise God intended for it in cracking the egg itself and be too weak to live. If the proper care is not given then when the time comes for the chicken to come out, nothing will happen, and if you then try to crack it you'll find the most foul, nasty stuff pouring out. But if it's treated right, and allowed to emerge on its own, the transformation is astounding, and what once was a hard, bland shell, will be a soft, cuddly creature that just is irrisistable to hug. (and yes I wrote the preceeding if anyone wonders)

My husband isn't fertile anymore. Does he still count?

:lol:

Sorry, had to.

Why can't men be like woman and just start off as a soft, cuddly creature? :-?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, ALL men can't be classified like the first post that Jack wrote. All men are different. I know men that are open, loving, honest, etc right from the get-go. My dad is one of those men. My husband is also. I've never had to nuture him in order to get him to "develop" emotionally.

sillynikki said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, ALL men can't be classified like the first post that Jack wrote. All men are different. I know men that are open, loving, honest, etc right from the get-go. My dad is one of those men. My husband is also. I've never had to nuture him in order to get him to "develop" emotionally.

Someone did.

Uh, yeah....probably his MOTHER. It all starts with the parents. If you grow up in an open, loving home, than more than likely, you will never have a problem with opening up.

Not all men have hard shells that need "cracked".

Not to be a disagreeing kind of person, but...

I tend to think that shells form over time if the man has a reason to let it harden. If he's always provided with love and attention, chances are that shell won't ever need to be built.

:)

Of course, that puts a little bit more stress on the parents and providing an environment that will give boys and girls good self-esteem and good ways of communicating their feelings.

BL

OH, I'm so mad right now over another post, that I'm not even getting into this conversation anymore.

I'll just say that I thank GOD that he gave me my soft shelled husband! We have a very open communicatoin and love each other dearly. Our relationship isn't complicated. It sounds like certain other couples must have a very complicated, unhappy life and that makes me sad.

Oh, I could just go on and on, but I'm just wasting my time. I'm not going to get carpel tunnel over this.... :lol:

That'll do, Donkey, that'll do. Personally, I think men are like onions - we've got layers. Sure we're smelly on the outside but we're certainly not like cake or eggs or even parfait.

MMmm... just thinking about parfait makes me go to slobbering.

BL

So you're saying you stink?

BL! You never struck me as the smelly type!!!
bath.gif

:hysterical:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back