Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] My Grandpa

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cheyenne K

My grandpa is in the hospital right now. He is in his eighties, he is very sick ,and things are not looking too good. Quite frankly, I'm nut sure of the status of his soul and I am really praying for it. I also pray that he be with us a bit longer.

I'm sorry to hear this, Cheyenne. :sad Is he able to communicate both ways? It's shameful to me, but my grandmother died, and I had gone all my life not having THAT conversation (the most important conversation). She was a very private, guarded person her entire life. Days before she died, I was alone with her in a hospital, and I asked her about it. I was very relieved to know that she did have faith, both for personal reasons and for her on sake.

It's hard, because you don't want to sound like you're giving him his "last rites", but he probably knows what's what. Can you have this conversation with him?

Prayer for him and your family. :pray

Somewhat. He's very tired and sometimes when his fever spikes, he can't do so to well. Now it's worse because he has neumonia and it's difficult for him to breathe, and the doctor's aren't really doing much to help because of his age.
I would like to speak with him, but there is never a moment alone when I go, and if I spoke to him in front of my mother, I'm pretty sure it would crush her. Not to mention that when I can go, it's usually later in the day and he's ready to go to sleep by that point. My other (well) grandpa does some witnessing at the hopsital and he has mroe access to my (sick) grandpa than I currently do. I'm going to request that he make a stop over, seeing as it will be unlikely I'll be able to speak with him on the matter.

Update:
Things are going a bit better today for him emotionally. Though he got a CT scan and may have to get liquid removed from his lungs.
However, we have been having much issues with his doctors, who are unattentive and seem to just be "letting him die" because of his age. We are praying that he get new doctors who can take care of him adequately.

If I am not able, my other grandfather will be speaking with him Monday. Pray he is able to get through to him.

Thank you.

Update: His condition got worse. Due to blood thinners, they cannot currently do a procedure that may save his life. Either way we go, it looks grim. He has an oxygen mask and his body is swelling. I am currently not allowed to see him.

He really needs prayers right now. For a little while, things seemed to be getting a little better, but it really took a nose-dive. Now his kidneys are shutting down and he's just filling up with fluids. It doesn't look good.

He really needs prayers right now. For a little while, things seemed to be getting a little better, but it really took a nose-dive. Now his kidneys are shutting down and he's just filling up with fluids. It doesn't look good.

i will pray at church in a few. once i respond to a post here then i will be on my way to church.

I'm sad that your grandfather is going through this. I'll be praying for him and for you--loved ones need God's support in a time like this.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back