Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] My Testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

834m3r

I was born into a Catholic family. Always believed in God. Believed at a young age.

Growing up I got into technology, drifted away a little, thinking technology could do more than God.

In High School I felt emotional hurt during a basketball game.

I was unable to play and ended up in the hospital psych department.

I couldn't sleep for days and got diagnosed as bipolar.

I was in the hospital so long, I missed much schooling. I transferred to a Christian school for a more fresh start.

I noticed the people at this school were different, and that sparked interest inside me.

I barely graduated high school because of God and His Grace and the Grace of the Teachers and Faculty at the school.

I pursued college at a somewhat nearby town. I was told by a counselor that I was NOT Bipolar so I ended up at a new local hospital.

Prior to the hospital admission, I was wondering off of school grounds, and was confronted by someone in authority.

I turned the other way and crashed into a glass door. Luckily I did not break the door or hurt myself.

I was then surrounded by two police officers. I knocked one guy down, then I got pepper sprayed by the other cop.

I fell to the ground with great pain in my eyes. I then had myself against the cop car, and I confessed a Bible verse I learned in 11th grade Bible class.

The verse was He is before all things and in Him all things hold together. And when I confessed this verse I meant it.

I stayed at the hospital a while and then was admitted to a day program.

After spending much time at a day program, I volunteered at my Dad's Friend's print shop.

I worked there one day a week for a good while, and then I got a job at a thrift store.

After spending around 11 months at the thrift store, I relapsed into the hospital.

I got out and got baptized at Inter-denominational church.

Went back to day program, and then went back into hospital.

Now I am out of the hospital, living in a treatment apartment.

My faith has grown over the years, and I can say I have my own faith.

There are multiple times I almost didn't make it. I felt I was almost a goner. But Jesus died for me, and I accepted that.

Now life is going okay, I got some excess weight on me.

I am forever taking it easy, and I am thankful that I will live forever with God and His Family.

I appreciate God and All His helpers and family along the way. Praise God that I made it. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back