Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Needing some constant prayer guys..!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I know I'm new, but I know you guys won't mind helping me out :)

1. I do this myself, but I would like someone to pray for forgiveness of my sins, ones been and gone, and any unwillingly committed in the future.

2. Secondly, after having become reconnected with God once more, and for good I hope...I wish for things to stay that way. I want to stay reconnected, so I ask that you pray for me to be constantly absorbed in His Word, etc.

3. I need a job, desperately - living on benefits is not enough, I need a job to keep me going and sustained. I know money isn't everything, but it helps keeping you alive.

4. Prayers for my mum. She's going through an awful lot right now, and needs as much as prayer as possible.

I think that's all for now..thanks a lot guys if you can help me out.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I am also new to this forum, and I would love to pray for you. I think that's great you're getting reconnected with the Lord. He is so longsuffering and full of mercy and forgiveness. A couple of things came to my mind when I read your post. I once had a mature Christian pass along some wonderful Biblical advice for me and my relationship with the Lord, and so I'll share it with you in hopes that it might bless your life as it did mine.

Certain situations arise that bring to our attention areas of sin in our life. This is what you referred to in your item #1 in your list. God doesn't show us these areas to condemn us but, rather, so that He can begin His work in getting rid of these sin areas in our life. He is more than willing to forgive us of our sins, but He wants to do something as miraculous, or even more so, than that, which is that He wants to transform that area of your life so that you will sin no more in that area. This is the process of being transformed into the image of Christ, as 2 Corinthians 3:18 states, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

As a personal example, when the Holy Spirit convicts me of an area in my life where I am falling short of the glory of God, I go to the Lord in prayer and, first, ask Him for forgiveness for that sin and confess that I am completely helpless in trying to resolve this problem on my own and that I need His help to do it. Also I tell Him that I willingly offer up and ask Him to remove any love of this sin that I still harbor in my heart. I ask Him to crucify this sin out of my heart and to instead replace it with Jesus Christ's righteousness. I then thank Him for beginning this process in my life, and I have faith that it will be done. This process of God crucifying these areas of sin from your heart doesn't happen overnight. It's a process borne out over time. But it is the only way to have victory over sin. So many people try to overcome their sin by their flesh or willpower not to sin anymore. However, this method of overcoming sin is hopeless and doesn't utilize the Spirit of God. John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

Sorry for the long sermon, but I pray that that speaks to your Spirit. Also I ask my Father in heaven that you will find the right job that He wants you to have and that He will provide for your every need, and also that He will strengthen and comfort your mother and give her the peace that passeth all understanding to guard her heart and mind. In Jesus' name I ask that it be done. Amen! Take care, sister.

Thanks, that really helps a lot!
I've written down some of what you said, as sometimes when I pray, I struggle.
I appreciate the support.

Lisa :)

Reconnected said:
I know I'm new, but I know you guys won't mind helping me out :)

1. I do this myself, but I would like someone to pray for forgiveness of my sins, ones been and gone, and any unwillingly committed in the future.

2. Secondly, after having become reconnected with God once more, and for good I hope...I wish for things to stay that way. I want to stay reconnected, so I ask that you pray for me to be constantly absorbed in His Word, etc.

3. I need a job, desperately - living on benefits is not enough, I need a job to keep me going and sustained. I know money isn't everything, but it helps keeping you alive.

4. Prayers for my mum. She's going through an awful lot right now, and needs as much as prayer as possible.

I think that's all for now..thanks a lot guys if you can help me out.

Lisa

I have prayed for your points and needs above and God answers prayers! :yes
Take it easy..
Steve

http://getwiththeword.blogspot.com/

Lisa,

Just wondering how things are going in your life since you posted this prayer request.
Have you found a job yet?
Are you connecting with God regularly?

The great thing is that when we are connected to the source of life, he can act as our Father and Provider and work miracles in our life that we wouldn't have otherwiese known.

He is Good - and He cares for you!

Back