Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New here & God bless you!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey all, hope you all are having a God day!

I'm a rocket scientist. Unfortunately the Lord decided to refine me with a bit of fire, so I also have a criminal record for an administrative/licensing offense that didn't involve moral turpitude.

I trained in Europe and came to Taiwan looking for work, but didn't find any here. I'm now looking for a new country and employer to go to, preferably a nominally Christian country and a Christian employer.

One of my main hurdles in getting a visa is that licensing offenses in the area I was convicted in are quite sensitive. Furthermore, because I feel the prosecution was prejudiced from the start, including false witness statements, I utterly refuse to have anything to do with the police of my country of origin. So I cannot get a police certificate for visa purposes.

English is my mother tongue and I also speak a few other languages to varying levels of competency.

If anyone can help, either by way of introductions, or prayers, I would be grateful.

I'm a rocket scientist. Unfortunately the Lord decided to refine me with a bit of fire, so I also have a criminal record for an administrative/licensing offense that didn't involve moral turpitude.

I trained in Europe and came to Taiwan looking for work, but didn't find any here. I'm now looking for a new country and employer to go to, preferably a nominally Christian country and a Christian employer.

One of my main hurdles in getting a visa is that licensing offenses in the area I was convicted in are quite sensitive. Furthermore, because I feel the prosecution was prejudiced from the start, including false witness statements, I utterly refuse to have anything to do with the police of my country of origin. So I cannot get a police certificate for visa purposes.

English is my mother tongue and I also speak a few other languages to varying levels of competency.

If anyone can help, either by way of introductions, or prayers, I would be grateful.
Welcome aboard.

Sounds like you need a new guidance system.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Please explain.
How many parameters are being used to define your destination? 7?

I am not a rocket scientist. I have problems walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Maybe someone else will welcome you and comment. Saturday and Sunday are slow days usually.

eddif

Greetings, and welcome to the forum.

I don't have any advice on your legal issues, but if you are interested in matters concerning the Christian faith we'd be glad to help.

God bless, and welcome once again.

I don't have any advice on your legal issues, but if you are interested in matters concerning the Christian faith we'd be glad to help.

Thank you HIH. I would be glad to discuss the Christian faith when my situation is more stable.

Within months my savings will run out and I will be homeless in a foreign country. And such is my conviction at the injustice that happened in my case, that I would prefer this to returning to my home country, or contacting my persecutors (the police in my home country) for their opinion of me.

I would be happy to come work in the USA/Canada for a Christian employer in my field. But I am not getting past the embassy work visa and/or company HR gatekeepers who filter me out once I check the box that I have a criminal conviction.

Professionally I come highly recommended by my former colleagues, and I can produce the references if/when relevant.

James 2:14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

How many parameters are being used to define your destination? 7?
The short answer is wherever God leads me.

The longer answer is wherever I find grace to look past my criminal conviction, that is ideally a nominally Christian country, ideally a Christian employer with a high tech industry that needs rocket scientists. I would be happy to go work in the USA/Canada.

Welcome to the site but I’m afraid there aren’t going to be any rocket scientists here. If you read the level of verbal communication skills here, you’ll soon see that unfortunately confirmed. Only some can actually express themselves above grade school English (not counting typos) here and sometimes not even that. So although there are christians here, rocket scientists are not among us. Best not to get your hopes up.

Best not to get your hopes up.
Thanks Dorothy. The employer or person who helps me doesn't necessarily have to be a rocket scientist themself. Perhaps a neighbor, in-law, former classmate or church goer of the owner of a firm looking to hire a scientist, etc.

My situation is fairly desperate so I know I am clutching at straws here.

Thanks Dorothy. The employer or person who helps me doesn't necessarily have to be a rocket scientist themself. Perhaps a neighbor, in-law, former classmate or church goer of the owner of a firm looking to hire a scientist, etc.

All the best to you!!

I possibly look at lateral / parallel thoughts way too much.

What do I mean? A farmer might make a good national president. A farmer knows how to hire and fire farm help. Order seeds. Know the seasons. Understand growth.
Political paralled are there too.

A rocket scientist has parallel skills to other work areas. English rules and Math skills seem totally different to some people, but to others they are parallel.

A Very, very, very bad day is in math a rated situation (give it a number rating) then make the exponent be 3.

If our day is a 2
2X2x2 is (I hope) is 8 a negative 8

You have a skill set that may fit jet engines with a very small tweak. Oh no some would say (totally different). Really?

The ATP energy cycle in biology might be something a rocket scientist could understand.
Adenosine triphosphate Is sort of a rocket fuel mix (to a redneck).

Look at your local situation and use your skill set to fit their need.

Jesus was a carpenter. He understood wood dovetail joints. He also understood that a seed is compared to The Word Of God. Two different areas, but he was able to see things so different as similar. (Join different areas)

Look up a Fast Stream Loach. See if you can see aerodynamics in action. Then take the fluid dynamics around that fish and move those flows inside a jet engine. Boundary flows keep a high heat from destroying a bunch of tin parts.

Your situation can be like the burning bush Moses saw. The situation you are in does not have to destroy you.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I was about to ask what area of rockets you were into. I thought plasma, but now where is changing.

Cold fusion is on one end. Maybe it is spiritual energy.

Thermodynamic reactions
Plasma
Nuclear fission and fusion

And spiritual energy is on the other end LOL

Inside us God can be, if we open the door.

eddif

Thank you for the idea of teaching English and Maths. It's a good idea, but nowadays any teaching position requires a criminal background check. A licensing offense probably won't bar me from being a teacher, but the fact that my response to what happened is to never contact the police of my country of origin again, it means I cannot provide the background check any school would ask for.

Your situation can be like the burning bush Moses saw. The situation you are in does not have to destroy you.

I like to believe that one day if the Lord wills it, He will exonerate me this side of eternity. I do not know why I am going through such a hard time. I never intended harm to anyone and yet the system has made me a criminal. Even some of my family members whisper among themselves, "Is he cursed?"

Thank you for the idea of teaching English and Maths. It's a good idea, but nowadays any teaching position requires a criminal background check. A licensing offense probably won't bar me from being a teacher, but the fact that my response to what happened is to never contact the police of my country of origin again, it means I cannot provide the background check any school would ask for.

I like to believe that one day if the Lord wills it, He will exonerate me this side of eternity. I do not know why I am going through such a hard time. I never intended harm to anyone and yet the system has made me a criminal. Even some of my family members whisper among themselves, "Is he cursed?"
Not long ago I read most success is thought of as (getting a good education and getting the best job that education can certify). Their thought was build your income outside that system, but not exactly the way the system supports. Digging ditches will barely buy food. Owning a ditching company may give more income than a rocket scientist salary.

We climb into our box of ideas and examine what we believe ( I probably am the worst example).

I was not suggesting teaching, but just covering what we were not taught. You can write an equation about a 4 year economic shift. That same equation can be explained in a 1000 wore essay. Chemical equations can show order and progression. Physics can be taught without Calculus. In some cases an engineer needs both approaches. There are common sense solutions that escape too much intelligence.

Agree with your adversary. You know my wife and I see this totally differently. When I see Paul before the Roman official each one has a life. You do what you need to do and I will do what I need to do, and we do not need to fight each other to achieve our goals. It says we will be called before kings. God will give us the words to say. I now will begin to pray for Gods words to come out of your mouth on your journey.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back