Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Our 'Safe Space' Full Of Pleasure Will Bring God's Judgment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ugmug

Our 'Safe Space' Full Of Pleasure Will Bring God's Judgment

The current rage on college campuses is the 'safe space' where people can practice social immorality (hint: homosexuality, etc.) in a peaceful and respectful environment free of any condemnation. Sadly this has already been achieved in mankind's history and is documented in the story of Noah's Ark and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Jesus said that the end days of mankind will be like Noah's day and Lot's day (Matthew 24:37-43 and Luke 17:28-30) where people were engaged in gross immorality. The one point that stands out in both stories is that Noah and Lot were the only righteous men left, and yet, both were never threatened or harmed by the local population (hint: but they were laughed at and mocked).

Noah and Lot existed in mankind's first 'safe space' whereby everyone around them pursued their perversions with a sinful tranquility, except for Noah and Lot who were preparing for God's judgment!

Even though there was 'peace' in both instances, as all the inhabitants engaged in their immoral behavior in their 'safe space', God ultimately initiated judgment against them. Sin is not predicated on how man deems his own sin but how God regards our sin.

Even today, as all the wicked behavior of sin is being enjoyed in a seemingly peaceful and respectful manner inside a 'safe space', God in the person of Jesus Christ has stated in Matthew 24:37-43 and Luke 17:28-30 that mankind's wicked behavior WILL be judged.

I've come across many Christians that are acting like Lot's wife, who was told to flee the immorality of Sodom and Gomorrah and not look back, and are in fact looking back at the sin of our own Sodom and Gomorrah society (hint: mankind's 'safe space') with approval. They look upon the wickedness of this world as harmless simply because it creates an aura of peace and gaiety as it did in Noah's day and Lot's day.

God gave mankind his image, as well as his breath of life, and we only have a lease on our existence. God's laws are his terms of our lease. If we persist in chasing our lusts and perversions, no matter how accommodating everyone becomes to this sinful behavior in their 'safe space', God will ultimately judge us for our immoral acts.

Sadly, even today's Christian churches have become 'safe spaces' where any condemnation of sin is strongly rebuked.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ before God decides that mankind has become too wicked to be allow to continue. Then God's final judgments, as outlined in the Book of Revelation, will ensue.

Note: I find it interesting that both Noah and Lot were cited by God as the only righteous men left and both had a 'traditional' family with a wife and children. And yet churches that promote the sinful activity of today's 'safe space immorality' are advocates for single parent households and same sex marriage. A marriage between a man and woman is God's 'safe space'!

Expect the rapture, that is when Jesus Christ returns for all of his faithful just before mankind's final judgment (hint: read the Book of Revelation), when everyone is enjoying their 'safe space'!

God Bless

I find it interesting that Noah and Lot were both drunkards.

I love this quote by Martin Luther:
"Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more, sport, recreate ourselves, and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all. So when the devil says to you: do not drink, answer him: I will drink, and right freely, just because you tell me not to."

And this one:
" Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!"

God bless,
William

I love this quote by Martin Luther:
"Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more, sport, recreate ourselves, and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all. So when the devil says to you: do not drink, answer him: I will drink, and right freely, just because you tell me not to."

And this one:
" Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!"

God bless,
William
Easythar pardner, you'll get the self righteous all wound up at you. I like the second one.

Our 'Safe Space' Full Of Pleasure Will Bring God's Judgment

The current rage on college campuses is the 'safe space' where people can practice social immorality (hint: homosexuality, etc.) in a peaceful and respectful environment free of any condemnation. Sadly this has already been achieved in mankind's history and is documented in the story of Noah's Ark and Sodom and Gomorrah.

Jesus said that the end days of mankind will be like Noah's day and Lot's day (Matthew 24:37-43 and Luke 17:28-30) where people were engaged in gross immorality. The one point that stands out in both stories is that Noah and Lot were the only righteous men left, and yet, both were never threatened or harmed by the local population (hint: but they were laughed at and mocked).

Noah and Lot existed in mankind's first 'safe space' whereby everyone around them pursued their perversions with a sinful tranquility, except for Noah and Lot who were preparing for God's judgment!

Even though there was 'peace' in both instances, as all the inhabitants engaged in their immoral behavior in their 'safe space', God ultimately initiated judgment against them. Sin is not predicated on how man deems his own sin but how God regards our sin.

Even today, as all the wicked behavior of sin is being enjoyed in a seemingly peaceful and respectful manner inside a 'safe space', God in the person of Jesus Christ has stated in Matthew 24:37-43 and Luke 17:28-30 that mankind's wicked behavior WILL be judged.

I've come across many Christians that are acting like Lot's wife, who was told to flee the immorality of Sodom and Gomorrah and not look back, and are in fact looking back at the sin of our own Sodom and Gomorrah society (hint: mankind's 'safe space') with approval. They look upon the wickedness of this world as harmless simply because it creates an aura of peace and gaiety as it did in Noah's day and Lot's day.

God gave mankind his image, as well as his breath of life, and we only have a lease on our existence. God's laws are his terms of our lease. If we persist in chasing our lusts and perversions, no matter how accommodating everyone becomes to this sinful behavior in their 'safe space', God will ultimately judge us for our immoral acts.

Sadly, even today's Christian churches have become 'safe spaces' where any condemnation of sin is strongly rebuked.

Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ before God decides that mankind has become too wicked to be allow to continue. Then God's final judgments, as outlined in the Book of Revelation, will ensue.

Note: I find it interesting that both Noah and Lot were cited by God as the only righteous men left and both had a 'traditional' family with a wife and children. And yet churches that promote the sinful activity of today's 'safe space immorality' are advocates for single parent households and same sex marriage. A marriage between a man and woman is God's 'safe space'!

Expect the rapture, that is when Jesus Christ returns for all of his faithful just before mankind's final judgment (hint: read the Book of Revelation), when everyone is enjoying their 'safe space'!

God Bless

There is a distinct difference in being saved by our own morality and being saved by the Love of God in Christ. No one, no, NOT ONE, will be saved by their own morality.

Whatever morality we do have keeps our own flesh from getting the better of us, and nothing more. We all walk wrapped in contrariness to the Spirit and what is against the Spirit. There is no escaping this conclusion. Gal. 5:17. Just a question of "how" we rule and reign it, from the sight of that reality. I'd suggest that by understanding being against and contrary to "our own" flesh it is a good personal rule to "live by." Recognize it for the temporary adverse contrary container that it is.

I find it interesting that Noah and Lot were both drunkards.

Actually, this statement might be a little unfair. After the flood, the atmosphere changed, and the fruit of the vine would now ferment which Noah would have been unaware. His drunkenness was accidental, so I'm told....As for Lot, his daughters got him drunk.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back