Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] pray for me

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was going to start this post apologizing that my first post be that of an obvious selfish nature. I can not in good conscience do so as it would be incredibly insincere for me to claim that.
I have spent massive amounts of time and energy the last few weeks searching both with a logical mind and my best attempt with a faithful heart.
I have prayed with everything that I am to be raised up and comforted to have a little peace. Being raised a Christian all of my life I have never known anything but the truth but somehow I have found my spirit my soul my mind moving further and further away from God. The worst part is I can feel it happening.
Today I realized something....as long as I have called myself a Christian I have never once in my life asked another person to say a prayer for me so this is what I am doing now. I know deep down in the very core of my being that if I can just have a little of this I can do a great deal of good for those around me and maybe even those I do not yet know.

Matthew

How can anyone say for sure if they are saved unless they have lived the truth and been faithful to the end? I dont know maybe they can if they know most certainly in their heart.
If you are asking if I have been baptized then yes I have been.....years ago.

carolinaryder said:
How can anyone say for sure if they are saved unless they have lived the truth and been faithful to the end? I dont know maybe they can if they know most certainly in their heart.
If you are asking if I have been baptized then yes I have been.....years ago.
salvation is a promise from the lord, and if we truly give our hearts to jesus and he's is faithful to get us there, we are not able to be sinless on our own, i dont believe in osas, but i do lean that way as the lord is the one who keeps us.

we sin daily, and repent daily, suppose we sin and fail to repent and are killed seconds later are we judged to that. no in a sense, because who to say that we could have repented if werent convicted,yes if we our hard hearted, but often sin does beset us and way us down. we should repent immediatlye and desire not make that same sin again, to be safe from the effects of sin, but we will never be perfect anyway and it;s our perfection that gets us to heaven but the perfection of jesus.

Lord, please bless Matthew with the truth of your assurance and eternal security. Teach him what it means to be a Christian. Show him what you truly are. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Hey,

Be strong, I am praying for you. I am glad you are seeking help. Dont let the enemy win, you have to stop yourself from backsliding. I think the best way for you to get closer is by trying to win some souls for Christ. Many people in church call themselves Christians and they never spread the gospel. We have to break out of our comfort zone. I used to be embarrased to talk to my peers about Christ. Now I do it on a regular basis. I have even found more effective ways to deliver the message. I think this made me realize how much I love God and it strengthened my walk with him. It seems to me that you would benefit to tell others about what you know God can do in their lives. The fact that it bothers you to know that you are moving further away from him, means that you love him. Dont give up, God has special blessings for those who never go astray, trust me you dont want to lose out on those. Im talking from experience.

You Rock !!!

Hi Matthew!

All of us are sinners and have some kind of sin or the other, small or big. But Jesus does know that we are not perfect. But we are made perfect in His love and mercy.
Romans 3:23 - â€For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.â€
But salvation is a free gift from God, to all those who accept Jesus in their heart. It is 100% guaranteed. We can never earn salvation by our works.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.â€
Romans 6:23 – “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.â€

Jesus is real, Salvation is real, Heaven is real and so is His love.

You can reinvite Jesus into your heart by saying a tiny 10 sec prayer. Just say…
“Sweet Jesus, Please come into my heart and forgive my sins. Bless me with eternal life and Your Holy Spirit. Make a loving person and help me share Your love with others. ?In Jesus’ name. Amen.â€

You are saved, do not doubt. And the feeling that you have of being drawn away from Jesus is nothing but a lie of the enemy. Don’t give in to it.
James 4:7 – “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.â€
Cheer up! Jesus loves you and so do you (else you wouldn’t have asked for prayers).

Praying for you…... :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back