Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer for a Friend and A Warning About Pre-Marital Sex

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
For the last few weeks a friend of mine (a friend's sister to be precise) has been waging the same war that I went through to get over the grief, shame, and guilt of pre-marital sex. I can say here that God does indeed work in mysterious ways because just a few weeks ago I had people on this forum praying that I would be delivered from evil thoughts and shame. And now this young woman is echoing my very same words back to me. I cannot help but think that God had a reason for letting me do what I did. This girl is very much in need of prayer.

Today she revealed to me that her now ex boyfriend got her pregnant twice, and she didn't know the first time until she lost the baby. She cannot even share this with her own sister, but feels compelled to share it with me. That is why I believe that God has a strong role in this with me. Because I what I went through I can feel a great deal of empathy for her and it pains me that she has to deal with this.

She feels like "used goods," which is something that I felt. She also feels doubtful of God and worries that he won't forgive her. I have felt the exact same way.

She says that she believes in God, but isn't very religious. Please pray for her and give me some guidance in what I can say to help make things better for her.

Also, please pray for a friend of mine online named Sean. He's been having suicidal thoughts and has had a very hard time recently.

Please pray for her and give me some guidance in what I can say to help make things better for her.
Pilgrim, we'll be glad to pray for her,and with you, but you don't need any guidance in what to say to her. You just said it all!! You have been where she is today, you received prayer and you don't say exactly how, but our Lord Jesus carried you through it. She needs a friend like you to tell her that you have "been there and done that" and while the actions were wrong, our Lord still loves her. Pray with her, be her friend, and trust our Lord to give you the right words and y'all will make it through to the other side just fine.
Our Lord has said "Never will I leave you",
Westtexas

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back