Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Prayer Request

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cheyenne K

Lately I've been very stressed out and depressed, going back to a lot of feelings of self-loathing I used to have before I was saved. If anyone could just pray for deliverence from this, I thank you in advance.

I have been there myself a few times. If I suspect that Satan is trying to ruin my joy of walking with the Lord, I tell him to leave because the name of Jesus is spoken in my heart, and I praise His name even louder. In the end I completely put my faith in the Lord and give myself to Him. If He wants me to feel that way, I trust he has a reason and I say 'Let his will be done.' I am His disciple and I gladly accept His discipline to learn what He is trying to teach me, even if I do not understand it at the time.

I will pray for you Cheyenne the same way that Paul prayed for us all:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
(Romans 15:13 NIV)

:pray

Lately I've been very stressed out and depressed, going back to a lot of feelings of self-loathing I used to have before I was saved. If anyone could just pray for deliverence from this, I thank you in advance.

What's bothering you, Sweetheart ?

Often there are root causes behind depression and bitterness and praying against that will help much better than praying the surface problems. Do you know why you are going back to self-loathing ? I'll be praying for you anyway ...

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

Thank you both.

What's bothering you, Sweetheart ?

Often there are root causes behind depression and bitterness and praying against that will help much better than praying the surface problems. Do you know why you are going back to self-loathing ? I'll be praying for you anyway ...

:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray

I've had a lot of stress as far as school goes, but I've just been feeling terribly depressed. Everything seems increasingly overwhelming both academically and socially and more trouble than it's worth. Looking from a larger perspective, it's not like it's even omething I should be getting so upset over, but I've been thinking about suicide daily. I wouldn't do it; I could not do that to my family and God would not want me to do it, which is reason enough. But the desire is still there. As is the desire to self-mutilate, which I also would not do, solely because that is also not something Christ would want.

Ironically, I have been finding myself closer to God and His Word. It seems to be one of the only things remotely comforting most of the time and gives me a brief period of happiness. But for the most part, I'm still stuck in depression and stupid self-pity.

Last edited by a moderator:

As I do not know your life history or family background, I do not know the root causes of your desires for suicide and self-mutilation, but what I sense is that there are deeper problems than just academic and social issues.

Have you spoken to a pastor or church leader? I do hope you will talk to someone from church and seek deep counselling and deliverance. Please send me a PM if you have no one to talk to ... I'm praying for you.

:pray

Cheyenne,

I hear ya. I was really feeling down in the dumps in the last few weeks. Then all of a sudden God set me straight. See I was worried about my future. College and all, I had to start thinking about jobs and I knew what God wanted of me, it was like getting the destination without the instructions to getting there. Well God just came upon me and gave me the answer through another man's voice. This man, whom I have never seen before came and sat next to me and started talking to me. It was so random, and yet so familiar and expected.

Basically, what I am trying to say is that if you feel depressed it probably means there is something God wants you to figure out and you currently are not sure what it is. Do some soul searching, find the question and then hunt down that answer!

Also, if everything is depressing you except God-time... maybe that is because in comparison to God-time everything else is pretty boring and blank.

I'll pray for ya!

I do not know why, but I felt that this applied to you.

"He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD"

Deuteronomy 8:3

Pard, it's funny you should post that.
Yesterday, I finally said to myself, "Hey, I have an iPod, maybe I should use it." So I got it working and found it had a "Radio" app on it, so I put on my local Christian station. The first song that came on was "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson. I didn't think much of it, but it made me feel better. And today, in Church, our sermon was about suffering, trials, and tribulation. Our pastor brought up an instance where Paul was refering to his own and used the term, "Most gladly." In the verse - which I cannot remember - it was basically Paul saying, "Lord, I can't do this. Just rid me of this problem," and in turn it had to do with God's Glory and His Strength being able to do and deal with what we cannot.
So I think that God is trying to get something through my thick head. But I really thank you for that verse. :)

I am so very glad to hear it!

Me thinks you are going through what I was going through. God has many ways of getting through to us, I bet He alters our emotions (via the Spirit) to get our attention. Us Christians are pretty aware of depression because that is anything but our natural state! God is using it to tell us He needs us to do something, like the relentless beeping from the answer machine...

Hello

First of all I want to tell you that God loves you. Our Heavenly Father who make us, loves every one of us. He is who make the world and us. And him will for us is to love each other like he loves us. He prepare and make everything. Who looking for him and follow him will, will receive everything he needs - real life, eternal life and all God gifts. If we search him if we wants him, he will give us the way. And there is nothing that can stop us, because he prepare everything so we can come to him.
Just believe, and go with believe. Turn your life to follow him will, love everyone near you with all soul and heart. Look for God will, and what he prepare for us in everything. Don't forget he make all of us with love, and he was prepared for us way to him, just open your heart, mind and eyes - go with him will, think what is him will, open your eyes for what he prepare and what he give.
Every bad thing is coming to tell us that we have to change something in us. May be our love is too small, may be we don't trust him, and don't go on him way but trust something else. Overcome everything with love and believe and hope, everytime there is a way prepared from God.
Look at the Jesus life and words, he is the best teacher, believe him.

God bless you. Him love and peace to be with you.
I pray for you.

Re: Update

Thank you everyone for your prayers. :) You guys are amazing.

as an update, I'm feeling a lot happier and am no longer suicidal or self-loathing. Lately I've been really close to God as well.

Thank all of you again. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back