Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pro-Life vs. Pro Choice

Is abortion ok if the child in question is still a microscopic embryo?

• Yes. Eggs die every month during a woman's period, so why not?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like Krispy Kreme donuts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Frankie said:
Abortion is wrong.

What if early tests during the first trimester determined that the baby was going to have an especially severe form of Neurofibromatosis...the Elephant Man's disease.

Would you not allow the mother to make the decision on whether she wanted to bring a child into the world that was destined to suffer an amount scarely conceivable by "normal" people?

What if early tests during the first trimester determined that the baby would one day post Nazi-like support for valueless eugenics on message boards?

Would you not allow the mother to make the decision on whether she wanted to bring a child into the world?

I could talk hours over this topic, but fortunately for you, I will make this brief :wink:

There is nothing in the world that can compare to how a woman feels through pregnancy. It is hard to describe, but I bonded with both of my children long before they ever left the womb. Men always think they have the better end of the deal there because they don't have to endure labor...well, they are indeed the ones missing out. Yes, it's painful, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world! I say all of this basically just to say that it isn't just an egg...or some lifeless object. It is a child from the beginning....

I don't think that there is ever a justifyable time to abort. To me sin is sin. There are no grey areas. Think of all the wonderful, happy, and talented people on this earth that wouldn't be here had their parents aborted them due to some defect...

There's always adoption too if you really can't afford a kid or whatever, or even if it's just inconvenient. Why not let a barren couple who wants a baby have one if you don't want it?

Here is just one of the many reasons abortion is wrong, check it:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/785 ... 3083wwOreE

This is a copy of an e-mail I had typed up and sent out to everyone I could a few months ago:

Within the first page of the link I am sending you, there are many other
links to check out. I recommend that you at least read the letters by
nurses who were present during partial birth abortions as well as other
types. If you are at all wishy-washy on the abortion issue, I believe this
page will cause you to seriously think about where you stand. Just to let
you know, the only picture on the opening page is a drawn diagram on how a partial birth abortion is performed.

If what you read doesn't do it, then check out the pictures of aborted
babies that start from the 7th week of pregnancy (they are on a separate
page). You will see how perfect their little hands and feet are even though
the babies are smaller than your thumb. I reluctantly made myself view some of these so I would know what I was sending you. These are not for the squeamish but if you are pro-choice, you need to check them out, I believe these photos will change your view. If nothing else, if you are going to support such a thing, you should understand what is involved.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/partialbirth.html=0D

I have always been strongly against abortion, believing that all children
deserve a right to live. I have been recently looking for ways to be more
involved with this issue and to stand up for what is right. This is why
I send this to you.

It is odd to me how PETA wails and laments about hamburgers and fur coats, anti-war activists create a stir when our government tries to step in a help another country, the environmentalists raise their fists to protect a renewable resource (or some creature which most of them really don't know anything about) but many seem to care nothing of the slaughter of innocent babies done right here in our own country. A young girl can have her baby murdered simply because she made a mistake but we get called murderers because we eat meat , wear leather jackets, or use trees for heat and shelter. That is pretty messed up my friends!

I have to agree with Ana'riel, adoption is way better alternative in numerous ways. It gives the baby a great chance at a wonderful life, it is like a miracle to adoptive parents, and if the mother doesn't ever wanna see it again she doesn't have to. Also, there are places that will take a mother in and give her not only a place to stay but even a nice palce to stay, food, counseling, etc... ( i could go on and on..)

i have recently been faced with this situation (my ex-girlfreind is pregnant). so i can tell ya alot more, and have talked with numerous ppl about this and recently even had abortion as a topic at a bible study i attend.

Abortion is wrong. there are so many other options.

I forgot to explain that in the picture I put a link for in that last post, that is my brother and his wife. They were unable to have kids of their own so those four kids are either ones they have adopted (the oldest two) or ones that are in their home via foster care. They will likely adopt another but my sister-in-law's health is not good. She has had cancer and it isn't looking good right now, so if you can pray for them, I would appreciate it.

What is everyone's view on contraceptives? Birth control pills are basically hormones that help to 1) prevent ovulation 2) prevent fertilization if ovulation occurs and 3) prevent fertilized eggs from implanting in the wall of the uterus. 1) and 2) happen the large majority of the time from what I've read, but 3) still occurs, and is an abortion. In fact, this is how at least one brand of the morning after pill works--its just a high dose of this hormone to prevent the zygote from implanting. In light of this, it doesn't seem as if pro-lifers should be using the Pill.

There is a discussion on birth control in another thread.

I will reply anyway, the unfertilized egg is not yet a human life, it is only a cell. If that were so, then every month a woman has her period, a misscarriage would be taking place.

I agree that there are certain pills and other forms of birthcontrol that Christians should research and really think about for they work by eliminating the fertilized egg.

Prevention of fertilization is not a sin and is not murder, though I know there are Christians here who would disagree with me there. I opted for sterilization and my husband and I will not stop having sex simply because someone else considers it a sin that we do so since I am now sterile.

Frankie said:
What if Hitler would have been aborted? Would that have been a good thing?

It would have been sin just like any abortion.

I wonder

I read these threads on many sites and often wonder about the people who support abortion. I wonder if they have done so.

Several years ago I got sexually involved with a girl in my church. We both knew it was wrong, but for some reason, that added to the edge of excitement.

Within a few months she told me she was pregnant. I still remember the shock as we stared at each other across the kitchen table at her house. She asked me what I thought we should do. I was in complete vapor lock. My mind refused to process the news. I was a coward, not a man. Instead of stepping up to the plate and taking responsibility I retreated. I told her I didn't know what to do. I told her to decide.

She told me she wanted to get rid of the baby. Instantly alarms began to ring in my head but I shut them out. I cut them off. At that second I bought into a lie that I have regretted every day since.

She made her choice. Not you, she did. You are guilt free.

Instead of trying to talk her out of it I agreed. That day will never leave me. THough it was almost 10 years ago, it stays with me always.

I drove her down and dropped her off. She got out of the car without a world, wrapped in her own thoughts. I drove off, the voice in my mind screaming for me to go in and stop her growing smaller and smaller, finally killed by blaring the radio.

I wandered in a haze for 4 hours, not knowing where I was going or what I was doing. The great rationalizer followed me around all that time.

It wasn't your fault. You didn't suggest the abortion, she did. Don't feel guilty, you are helping to pay for the procedure after all. It will all be over and forgotten soon.

Yeah, right.

The man I am today looks back and wonders why I was SO EAGER to buy into such obvious lies. It bolis down to shame. I didn't want the people at church to know I had sinned. I convinced myself I would be shunned and outcast. If no one finds out, why does it have to matter?

I have never been lost in such a haze of despair before. I picked her up 4 hours later. She got in the car without a sound. As I drove her back to her house not a word was exchanged. She stared out the window and cried. No sounds, just tears sliding down her cheeks. Another image I will take to my grave.

We got home and I walked her in and she collpased, crying in a voice of such utter agony and despair I have never heard it's equal since.

No words. Simply intense pain given a voice. She lay there on the floor and I held her, both of us crying. You remember those voices of rationalization? They were gone. I was left with only my actions.

As I drove home by myself I clearly remember an incredibly strong urge to plunge my car off the overpass. The pain I was feeling was still fresh, but I could sense behind it a permanence that scared me to death. I did not drive my car off the road. I went home and the next day tried to get back to my life. But I now had a shadow with me.

A shadow in the shape of the unborn son or daughter I will never know. That shadow is still with me today. I know that it will always be with me.

I spent many years running from it. I left my church. Tried to bury the pain in women and alchohol. As anyone who has tried this particular choice of memory erasure can attest, this made things worse. Not better.

No where near better.

When I finally decided to stop running, I was shocked to my very core to find God still here. Still waiting for me. Waiting to forgive me.

I would not wish my experience on my worst enemy. I have never been in such depths of despair. Desolation is a word I understand now. All to well. While I know my God has forgiven my sin, there are still days that I do not.

And a thing to keep in mind. This is all from a man's point of view. Her pain was 1000 times worse. I hear from her from time to time and only recently has she gotten out of counseling over what happened. Only recently can she even talk about it without withdrawing from the deepest of the deep depression.

To any who would even CONSIDER doing this terrible thing I beg of you to talk to someone who has gone through it. It is a door you do not want to walk through. Trust me.

It never closes.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back