Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Random thought about getting old

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Uncle J

My mom is currently in a memory care facility for her dementia, and a few times a week they have musicians and singers come in and perform songs from the 50's and early 60's (IOW, songs from my mom's youth).

That got me wondering.....when I get old and if I end up in assisted living or something like that, will the musicians come in and perform songs from my youth? Will they dress like this...

740full-dee-snider.jpg

And sing "We're not gonna take it"?

Are they gonna do songs from AC/DC, Def Leppard, The Beastie Boys, and LL Cool J?

Will all us residents jump up and start head-banging, throwing up the heavy metal hands? What scene that would be! :lol

My mom is currently in a memory care facility for her dementia, and a few times a week they have musicians and singers come in and perform songs from the 50's and early 60's (IOW, songs from my mom's youth).

That got me wondering.....when I get old and if I end up in assisted living or something like that, will the musicians come in and perform songs from my youth? Will they dress like this...

740full-dee-snider.jpg

Are they gonna do songs from AC/DC, Def Leppard, The Beastie Boys, and LL Cool J?

Will all us residents jump up and start head-banging, throwing up the heavy metal hands? What scene that would be! :lol
This needs to be made into an Adam Sandler movie.

740full-dee-snider.jpg

Hey All,
Probably. The oldies radio station no longer plays my music. Britney Spears is now on my station. Her music is considered "oldies" now.

How do you know you are old?
That will do it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Probably. The oldies radio station no longer plays my music. Britney Spears is now on my station. Her music is considered "oldies" now.

How do you know you are old?
That will do it.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Yep.

So far, the music of my youth is still considered "classic rock" with "oldies" referring to music from the 60's or so. But I'm sure it won't be long before Van Halen is played on the oldies station.

It'll be interesting to see the guitar players they get to perform for us when we're in assisted living! They'd better be good. :lol

I think the baby boomer generation (me) will always appreciate the oldies of that era. Never was into heavy metal, but I guess there is some good exercises in that type of music. It would be like Richard Simmons Sweatin to the oldies :woot2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back