Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Risky Surgery

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

My good friend Roger is going in for a very risky surgery tomorrow. He understands the risks and has decided to go forward with the surgery, even though the surgeon has told him that he is the worst candidate for the procedure that she has ever had to perform the surgery on. However, she is still accepting him as a patient, so she must have some confidence that she can do it. Nonetheless, she did tell him to "get his affairs in order" and we all know what that means.

Please uplift him in your prayers. He is accepting the risks of the surgery because the alternative would be to have a feeding tube put in and never be able to eat solid food again. This is due to the fact that he had throat cancer earlier. They were able to "get" all the cancer and it has not returned, but due to complications, well...hence the surgery.

Again, his name is Roger, he is a Christian and he covets your prayers. The surgery is due first thing tomorrow morning.

Father,
You are the great physician, and it is your will that your children be taken care of; therefore, it is our prayer that you would watch over Roger during the surgery tomorrow and give him your touch as you are with the physician performing the operation. Give Roger peace and strength during this time, and heal him so that he can proclaim your goodness to others. Thank you for your Word that tells us that whatever we ask and agree upon according to your will in the name of Jesus it will be done. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen

Dora~

Keeping Roger in prayer today~ and asking for his strengthening and God's hand to be displayed...
If it be within our Father's will~ I ask for a complete restoration and healing of his body. May our Lord protect Roger with His Right hand, and sustain his life according to His power and mercy.

Even so. :amen

Am keeping Roger in my prayers.

Would you be able to let us know the outcome of the surgery?

I spoke with Roger's wife. He went through the surgery well and is now resting comfortably. They were able to double the size of his throat without perforation (that was the extremely risky part and perforation in this particular surgery usually results in death). Once he is healed, he should be able to eat much more normally.

Thank you again for your prayers. When I spoke with him last night, he admitted to being scared. But, his wife said that this morning, before going into the surgery, the peace of God had enveloped him and he was much more able to face things. They truly appreciate the prayers.

Praise God Dora.....wonderful praise report!! I will be praying for a speedy recovery, and a big fat steak, bake potatoe, and salad on the herizon to eat as soon as he is well enough to chow down! OPPS! and a big glass of sweet tea!!!

Praying in Jesus name........

Lord Jesus, I pray for your protection over Roger. Certainly Your power and glory can heal anything in him. Please be with Roger as he goes through his surgery as we prayer for his safety. We lift him up to You Jesus, knowing that in You Roger will be safe. Glory to You in the highest!! In Jesus name we pray, Amen! :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back