Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation without Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” Romans 10:8-13

• that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

I have asked many times for those who hold to the Calvinistic precepts to explain how a person becomes saved, born again, regenerated without ever knowing about or hearing about Jesus Christ and His message of salvation.

To this day, I have received no answer.

The position that a person is "saved" first, then later on they "believe" the Gospel, seems to missing from the scriptures.

If anyone has the answer to this question I would like to hear it.

Thanks, JLB

Still waiting to hear from any Calvinist's concerning how a person becomes saved, without hearing and believing the Gospel message of salvation.

Here is what the scripture says -

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10

• if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

This is how the scripture teaches we are saved.

Any other way is another Gospel.

I firmly believe that infants who die in infancy are saved without hearing the gospel.

What about the deaf and the mute, the mentally retarted?

But then again I am not a Calvinist, but do believe the doctrines of grace.

Who am I to say what God can and cannot do.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back