Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Searchimg The Heart

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Tessa

Revelation 2:23 NKJV
"I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one according to their works."
And again in 1Chronicles 28:9 NKJV
"As for you my son Solomon, I know the God of your father; and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind, for The Lord srarches all hearts and understands all the intents of the thoughts. If you seek Hin, He will be found by you, but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever."

I find those 2 verses pretty scary. I don't want to be cast off. We often say that God knows our heart, which is true. He knows what we do amd why we do it. God knows every thought we have and every word we speak. God knows us better than we know ourselves. I began to wonder what my heart was like, so decided to search my heart and asked The Holy Spirit to show me.
Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV
"You will seek and find ne when you search for me with all your heart "

God knew that was my intent.

2 Corinthians 13:5 NKJV
"Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?- unless indeed you are disqualified."
I was afraid of what I might find in my heart and mind.
What I did find I hated. I don't want bad things in my heart, and I am going to pray for help to get rid if then. I am selfish I am rubbish. Instead of bad things i am asking The Father for a pure heart and mind full of love, compassion and purity; and love, trust and obedience to my Lord Jesus Christ.
Psalm 77:6 NKJV
'I call to a remembrance
My song in the night;
I meditate within my heart,
And my spirit makes diligent search.'

Tessa thank you for sharing this as we all need to examine our self at times as it's easy to become complacent without thinking are we truly being pleasing unto the Lord in all we do and say.

Tessa thank you for sharing this as we all need to examine our self at times as it's easy to become complacent without thinking are we truly being pleasing unto the Lord in all we do and say.
I agree with what you say for_his_glory we become too comfortable in our walk of faith. I just hope I haven't become disqualified.
I believe The Lord will come sooner than we expect as in Matthew 24:44
1 Thessolonians 5:2 and 2 Peter 3:10 both say ad a thief on the night.
We have to be ready and make sure our faith is right with The Lord, and pray for the latter rain.

Back