Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should we guard our mouth?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

We see in Proverbs 13:2-3, which says A man shall eat well by the fruit of his mouth, but the soul of the unfaithful feeds on violence. 3. He who guards his mouth preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.

I do believe we should be careful of what we say. The Bible says there is power in our tongue for life or death. Read Psalm 39:2-3 and tell me what you think. I think we should do more listening than speaking to see what God wants us to do.

Folks, we need to saying what God is has said about us, rather than to speak negative things in a negative world. What should we say? I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. I am the head and not the tail. I have complete victory in Christ. I am seated in heavenly places. I do have authority to make demons flee. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. My God supplies all my needs with His riches and glory. There are many positive things we could say about ourselves. But instead, many Christians who say I am just a poor sinner saved by grace. No we aren't. We havve complete victory in Christ Jesus. You see, If I keep saying that I am a sinner, then you will have what you see. Read Mark 11:23-24 and speak to that mountain, whether it be a financial matter or healing, or anything that the devil is trying to steal from your life. You see, one can have what they say if they believe and stay in belief and persevere.

Does anyone agree with me?

May God bless, Golfjack

I think that you posted and excellent topic Golfjack and I agree.

Perhaps if we looked at it this way, our perspectives might change.
1. Why blame the darkness for being dark? Perhaps a better question might be why the light isn't as bright as it could be and then acting on those areas to make this world a better place. After all, if the gospel is really good news, then it's good news for everyone, not just Christians.

2. As new creatures in Christ, we should live up to what we are, not what we were. This would put the focus upward to Christ and outward for one another to be a light for the nations and the salt of the earth, instead of inward or recluse.

golfjack wrote:
Folks, we need to saying what God is has said about us, rather than to speak negative things in a negative world. What should we say? I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. I am the head and not the tail. I have complete victory in Christ. I am seated in heavenly places. I do have authority to make demons flee. I am a new creature in Christ Jesus. My God supplies all my needs with His riches and glory. There are many positive things we could say about ourselves. But instead, many Christians who say I am just a poor sinner saved by grace. No we aren't. We havve complete victory in Christ Jesus.

Does anyone agree with me?

I agree, golfjack. Today, it seems people spend a lot of effort to make sure they put the right things into their mouths to guard against sodium, calories, carbs, artificial whatevers, etc. but little is done to guard the output of our tongues. It’s not what goes into our mouths that defile us but what comes out of them. This negative defacement of all human efforts to accomplish God’s will is an outward show of false humility.

We are to have no confidence in the flesh, but we are not operating in the flesh when we are doing God’s will and fighting worldly pleasure and demonic temptations. The ‘confidence in the flesh’ here, I believe, is trusting in the power and prestige of our position in the social scene or even our status in religious organizations. We do not have to ‘be somebody’ in the eyes of the world to do God’s will and please him.

Well said all three of you. Thanks for your posts they are such good words. The Lord bless all of you.

Er.. :o

I think I'll keep my mouth shut... :infinity:

or was that just a gag?? :crazyeyes:

Ian :-D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back