Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sin Nature or Human Nature?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Heidi said:
Mine are in line with my one teacher an that is Christ. So my company couldn't get any better. :)
That's not what the Bible teaches. It teaches this:

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Heidi said:
My sentiments exactly. I don't fret it though; my beliefs on interpreting the Bible are somewhat inline with some of the best Bible scholars and commentators in history; the likes of Newton, Wesley, Clarke, Bullinger and others. All led by the Spirit, btw. Men who took history and cultural context and Biblical Hebrew and Greek into consideration. So, I am in good company.
Mine are in line with my one teacher an that is Christ. So my company couldn't get any better. :)
1Corinth 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you say, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
:13a Is Christ divided?

In other words:
Now this I say, that every one of you says, I am of Newton; and I of Wesley; and I of Clarke, Bullinger and others; and you are of Christ.

Sounds like you are even better that the rest.

Heidi said:
Funny, I've never had to look up the original texts because the bible makes perfect sense to me without having to do so.
1Corinth 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.

What do you think the present distress is?

My point is that not all have an understanding to the histories that the Scriptures were written in.
The Holy Spirit will lead a one to the right person with that correct knowledge and understanding in the truth to teach a one the correct meaning.
However, most people want to teach and not learn, thinking that they are right.
My whole point for this thread is for people to take in consideration that the theory of "sin nature and original sin is not the only correct theory.
The topic of this thread is not damnable.

If one holds to the view of the topic of this thread, he is not a heretic if he holds to the major doctrines that deal with the Deity of Christ and His death and resurrection and the way of salvation, along with the whole Godhead.

No one has even disputed the logic of the opening post of this thread. For what reason have you not brought up anything that I said in the opening post?

Diolectic said:
No one has even disputed the logic of the opening post of this thread. For what reason have you not brought up anything that I said in the opening post?

LOL, sheesh

Diolectic said:
If one holds to the view of the topic of this thread, he is not a heretic if he holds to the major doctrines that deal with the Deity of Christ and His death and resurrection and the way of salvation, along with the whole Godhead.

I agree with the part in bold woth all my heart.

Concerning the OP, Diolectic, now may be a good time to summerize the intent of the OP, so that we will not stray form it... again. :)

vic C. said:
Concerning the OP, Diolectic, now may be a good time to summerize the intent of the OP, so that we will not stray form it... again. :)
mondar said:
LOL, sheesh
I meant:

People do not have a "sin nature" just as an apple tree does not have an apple nature.
All sin is fruit from what man is rooted in, which is of eather three things. Rooted in Christ, the world or self.

If the root is holy, so also the branches. Romans 11:16b ...and if the root is holy, so are the branches.
As the branch is not able to bear fruit of itself, unless it remain in the vine, John 15:4

Romans 11:24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree...

Since Christ is the Root/Vine & man a tree/vinebranch, If man is not grafted into Christ, he is selfish &/or wotldly, because he has his own self as his root. Or he may also be worldly, for that is all he has(John 15:9, 1John 2:15)
This is the cause of all mans wickedness, that man is of the world and selfish and not of Christ and loving.

Therefore, the fruit does not make its nature, nor does the nature deside what its fruit is.

What makes it's fruit is what kind of tree and what it's root is of.
James 1:24 for he studied himself, and has gone away, and immediately he forgot of what kind he was.

What ever fruit it bears, the tree still has a tree nature. not an apple nature, oriange nature, banana nature.
The kind of fruit obviously does not change what it is or what nature it has.
However, what ever it is grafted into does change it's fruit, just as my analogy shows, which is of Scripture as I have shown.

What ever fruit man bears, sin or righteousness, it is still human nature.

Just as a trees nature is to bear fruit, so is mans.

The intent of the OP is to understand human nature as oposed to "sin nature".
"Sin nature" is a bad use of term as the tree does not have an apple nature, so whay cal human nature "sin nature"
Human nature is to bear fruit of wat it is "grafted into"

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back