Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] So, do you think that time travel will ever be possible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Being a huge fan of Back to The Future I'm just curious. I wouldn't want to know too much about my future but I would love to go back in history and witness the birth of Christ, or when He rose from the dead or ascended into Heaven. And while I'm at it, I'm also a huge fan of Honey I Shrunk The Kids series. I wonder if anybody will ever invent a shrink ray.

Supposedly, we've had it since 2003.

Dunno if it's true...but it could be simply because...everything (well, lots of stuff) that Angels could do (and maybe Adam & Eve) in scripture...we now have technology for to make it possible. Examples you say? Ok! Airplanes, Cell phones, automobiles...shall I go on?

Fiction is a place that facts have already been to. I believe that man's technology is a major part of the deception to this world. We see time travel in scripture. John went from Patmos into the future, to see end times events. Abraham got to see (go) forward and back. Since there is no "time" in eternity...it is easy for God to see the end from the beginning. You will one day be able to go witness the birth of Christ, the creation...all of that.

Supposedly, we've had it since 2003.

Dunno if it's true...but it could be simply because...everything (well, lots of stuff) that Angels could do (and maybe Adam & Eve) in scripture...we now have technology for to make it possible. Examples you say? Ok! Airplanes, Cell phones, automobiles...shall I go on?

Fiction is a place that facts have already been to. I believe that man's technology is a major part of the deception to this world. We see time travel in scripture. John went from Patmos into the future, to see end times events. Abraham got to see (go) forward and back. Since there is no "time" in eternity...it is easy for God to see the end from the beginning. You will one day be able to go witness the birth of Christ, the creation...all of that.
There is no time travel in Scripture. God revealing the past or future to someone is entirely different.

As for whether or not it will happen, I highly doubt it. God has ordained all that has happened, so why would he allow man to go back and change things?

There is no time travel in Scripture. God revealing the past or future to someone is entirely different.

As for whether or not it will happen, I highly doubt it. God has ordained all that has happened, so why would he allow man to go back and change things?

True, you have a point. I wish it could though. I would really love to see the real Natvity. Anyway, nobody has answered my question about the shrink ray yet.

Well, time travel might never actually happen (and maybe that's a good thing since Back to The Future teaches us that it can be rather dangerous) but it still is pretty cool to think about! :biggrin2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back