Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Solid food

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

No one can even get to the solid food of the bible here since msot people don't know what the bible actually says! Here are some of the ways that many people here have changed the bible:

1) Genesis 2:7, "the Lord God created man from the wombs of apes."
2) Genesis 2:2, "By the 4 billionth year, God had finished the work he had been doing; so in that year he rested from all his work."
3) Matthew 1;25, "But he had no union with her forever."
4) 1 Corinthians 1:8, "He will not keep you strong to the end, so you better make yourself stong instead or you'll lose your salvation."
5) Philippians 2:13, "He who began a good work in you will not carry it on to completion."
6) Ephesians 2;8-9, "For it is by works you will be saved, not through faith because you have to muster faith up yourself."
7) Romans 3:11, "Many people are righteous, many people understand, many people seek God."
8) John 15:16, "You chose me. I did not choose you."
9) John 10:28, "Anyone can be snatched out of my hand."
10 )Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I won't give you rest. You'll have to work even harder or I'll abandon you."

And on and on and on with almost every verse in the bible. So most of you aren't ready for solid food since you don't even quote the bible right to begin with! Then if you do quote it, you interpret the verses into the opposite of what they say! :lol:

So no wonder there are divisions among you. You either can't read or think that God's word is something to be messed with, changed, and altered to suit your own desires. :x Just think what would happen if all Christians believed the bible exactly as written. We would all be in unity. And it's not hard to do because we all learned most of the words in elementary school. So they're easay enough for a child to udnerstand. So the problem isn't in a lack of understanding of those simple words, it's in unbelief of those words. Otherwise, there's no reason to change any words in the bible like some of you have changed the above verses.

So there's no possible way to even get to the deeper meanings in the bible until you can get the words right in the first place. I therefore have no more desire to babysit you and repeat words that you have no desire to believe as written. So Since I know and believe what the bible says, I'm going on to forums where others know it as well and are ready to go on to the solid food of the bible.

Here are some scriptures that you must reconcile with your interpretation of the chosen few verses you have memorized to form your little shelter from the truth:

4) 1 Corinthians 1:8, "He will not keep you strong to the end, so you better make yourself stong instead or you'll lose your salvation."

Ephesians 6:10-11 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

1 Corinthians 3:8-9 “Now he that plants and he that waters are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are laborers together with God: you are God's husbandry, you are God's building.

5) Philippians 2:13, "He who began a good work in you will not carry it on to completion."

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

6) Ephesians 2;8-9, "For it is by works you will be saved, not through faith because you have to muster faith up yourself."

James 2:20
But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

7) Romans 3:11, "Many people are righteous, many people understand, many people seek God."

Exodus 23:7
Keep you far from a false matter; and the innocent and righteous slay you not: for I will not justify the wicked.

Matthew 7:13
Enter you in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.

2 Peter 2:9-10
The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

8) John 15:16, "You chose me. I did not choose you."

John 15:6-10
If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.
8Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples.
9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10If you keep my commandments, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

9) John 10:28, "Anyone can be snatched out of my hand."

Revelation 3:14-16
I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I would you were cold or hot.
So then because you art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.

10 )Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I won't give you rest. You'll have to work even harder or I'll abandon you."

Matthew 23:3-4
All therefore whatsoever they (The scribes and the Pharisees) bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not you after their works: for they say, and do not.
For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Hebrews 12
1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us

Enjoy making them fit into your theology.
Or ignore them as you have in the past. Your choice.

quote by Heidi:
So there's no possible way to even get to the deeper meanings in the bible until you can get the words right in the first place. I therefore have no more desire to babysit you and repeat words that you have no desire to believe as written. So Since I know and believe what the bible says, I'm going on to forums where others know it as well and are ready to go on to the solid food of the bible.

Heidi, have you ever seen what a baby does to milk that it regurgitates? It’s a semi solid now. You go ahead and feast on the solid, yet soft, food you have chosen over the real truth of God’s word. When you finish with that, you can go on to the mudpies of Calvinism that really bring out the darker side of man’s egotistical imagination.

Proverbs 11:21
Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.

Now llisten carefully as I have reconciled these and similar verses together with you before. Since man does not seek God on his own as Romans 3:11, John 6:44, etc. That means that once those chosen before the creation of the world to receive the Holy Spirit (the elect), receive the Spirit, then the Spirit is who leads him to do anything righteous. That's why good deeds come from the fruit of the Spirit, rather than man's sinful nature. Only God can do the work for us as Philippians 2:13, 1 Corinthians 1:8, and especially John 14:10, "The words I say to you are not just my own, rather it is the Father living in me that is doing the work."

That contradicts zero scripture, nothing, zip. So it is a corrrect interpretation. Read Romans 8:5-9 and 1 John 4:4 to see that the Holy Spirit inside a born again Christian is stronger than the devil.

That means also that born again Christians don't sin because we choose to, as Paul explains beautifully in Romans 7:13-25, but because we we born in bondage to sin and only Jesus can take our sins away. But notice that God will not make us completely sinless as he explains to Paul about paul's thorn, so that we will not become conceited. Otherwise, we would be worshiped as gods right along with Jesus. We will only beomce blameless on the day of the Lord when we enter heaven. And notice that 1 Corinthians 1:8 says that God will make us blameless as does Philippians 2:13, 1 John 4:4 , Philippians 1:6 and many other verses as well. So man is doing nothing but what God ordained him to do. Nothing because there is nothing that happens apart from God's will as Jesus tells us in Matthew 10:29. Jesus, the most perfect man whoever lived said; "Without my Father I can do nothing." And you think you can do anything without God? :o In your dreams. :roll:

quote by Heidi on Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:47 am
Now listen carefully as I have reconciled these and similar verses together with you before. Since man does not seek God on his own as Romans 3:11, John 6:44, etc. That means that once those chosen before the creation of the world to receive the Holy Spirit (the elect), receive the Spirit, then the Spirit is who leads him to do anything righteous. That's why good deeds come from the fruit of the Spirit, rather than man's sinful nature. Only God can do the work for us as Philippians 2:13, 1 Corinthians 1:8, and especially John 14:10, "The words I say to you are not just my own, rather it is the Father living in me that is doing the work."

That contradicts zero scripture, nothing, zip. So it is a corrrect interpretation. Read Romans 8:5-9 and 1 John 4:4 to see that the Holy Spirit inside a born again Christian is stronger than the devil.

Dear Heidi, prolific purveyor of perverted presumptions, you have not reconciled any of these theories for me now or ever with the verses they contradict. Merely listing a group of verses that you have strung together to make an assumption does not prove that they don’t contradict scripture. Scripture doesn’t contradict scripture, interpretations do. Saying your interpretation is correct and contradicts nothing in the Bible doesn’t make it so. Stamping your foot won’t add to your correctness either.

quote by Heidi :
That means also that born again Christians don't sin because we choose to, as Paul explains beautifully in Romans 7:13-25, but because we we born in bondage to sin and only Jesus can take our sins away. But notice that God will not make us completely sinless as he explains to Paul about paul's thorn, so that we will not become conceited. Otherwise, we would be worshiped as gods right along with Jesus. We will only beomce blameless on the day of the Lord when we enter heaven. And notice that 1 Corinthians 1:8 says that God will make us blameless as does Philippians 2:13, 1 John 4:4 , Philippians 1:6 and many other verses as well. So man is doing nothing but what God ordained him to do. Nothing because there is nothing that happens apart from God's will as Jesus tells us in Matthew 10:29. Jesus, the most perfect man whoever lived said; "Without my Father I can do nothing." And you think you can do anything without God? In your dreams.

I have no intention of trying to unravel that mess of truth and error. Maybe when I’m bored and have nothing better to do. I will say that I don’t believe I have ever said I was doing anything without God. In fact, I have repeatedly said, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. You, on the other hand say that we can do nothing and God does it all. Which is closer to the truth, Heidi?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back