Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Suggested Reading for Israel/Church Distinctions

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
See what you guys think?

I see christ as clearing out all of gehenna, Paradise included at His ascension. OT Saints and the demons went to the third Heaven. The demons only to go back after they were publicly displayed to await the final act of their judgement.

Eph 4:8-10~~
8 Therefore it says, "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES, AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN."........."and He gave gifts to men" His ascension/pentecost.....the beginning of the Church.

9(Now this [expression], "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

Coll 2:15~~When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities,He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

Yes from what I can tell, the first heaven is our atmosphere and the second heaven is the starry spaces. The third heaven is a real place where the Father and Son are residing personally, now, while the Spirit of God resides here on Earth. I'm not sure where the OT saints are.

What's great is our "in Christ" position is in the third heaven. So, physically we're in the first heaven. But positionally we're in the third heaven, inside the New Man, created within Himself.

One thing I've noticed in 2 Co 12:2 -- it looks like the preposition there indicates that one was caught up "to the edge of" (not "into") the third heaven for that heavenly experience. Kind of a one-off ... and then he came back and had a hard time putting it into words... So I don't know what the point of that experience was but it's recorded.

I'm going to be gone for a couple weeks... and will jump back on then. Gives me something to chew on!

I'll see you here, there, or in the air.

Tom
1 Corinthians 15:1-4

See what you guys think?

I see christ as clearing out all of gehenna, Paradise included at His ascension. OT Saints and the demons went to the third Heaven. The demons only to go back after they were publicly displayed to await the final act of their judgement.

Eph 4:8-10~~
8 Therefore it says, "WHEN HE ASCENDED ON HIGH, HE LED CAPTIVE A HOST OF CAPTIVES, AND HE GAVE GIFTS TO MEN."........."and He gave gifts to men" His ascension/pentecost.....the beginning of the Church.

9(Now this [expression], "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? 10He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens, so that He might fill all things.)

Coll 2:15~~When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities,He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

Hi JK - I just wanted to indicate that Gehenna has been and will be occupied until the last resurrection (Rev 20:13).

Concerning the Ephesians 4 passages, I have a different belief as to what it designs. Good digging though!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back