Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth The Father, Part I

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

GodsGrace

Staff member
CF Ambassador
This is not about the Trinity.
It's about the difference between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Here are just some thoughts:

Each one of the three persons, or aspects of God, has His own attributes and objective.
This makes it sound like there are 3 Gods. There is ONLY ONE God.
God can do as He wishes. So I like to think that He is One in every way,
but has the capability of showing us His different qualities. As a man who is
A father, an uncle and a brother. He is still only one man and cannot separate himself.
God, being God, separates Himself so that we may SEE the qualities and the attributes
within Him. The Son and Holy Spirit are a separation of those qualities which God has made visible
to our human eyes and mind.

The Trinity is a mystery. A mystery can be partly understood, but not wholly.
God has a Divine Nature. Three "persons" take part in that Divine Nature.

The "person" tells you WHO God is: The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
The "nature" tells you WHAT He is: One God, One Divine Nature
The three "persons" share in one divine intellect and one divine will. This is the Divine Nature.

God is Love. Love cannot exist alone.
The Father Loves
The Son is Loved
The Holy Spirit binds the Trinity together in Love.

When we love God, we become, in small measure, a part of this divine nature and a part of the community of Love that exists in God.

Do we, as believers, feel that God is truly our Father?
Do we feel that we have a part in His divine nature?

GOD THE FATHER PART I
The most important thing we can do is to know, love and serve God,
our Father in heaven.

God has many attributes. A quality or characteristic that belongs to a person and is part of his being.

GOD IS THE CREATOR

Through the will and desire of God, all was created. Created means to make from nothing.
Man uses material already in existence to make what he wants and needs - he does not have the power to create.
This is why we call God "Creator", because He creates from nothing.

[A scientist told God that He is no longer necessary because science has learned how to create life and that he was willing to have a contest. So the scientist leaned down to pick up some dirt, but God stopped him.
"No, no" God said, "Go get your own dirt".]

Can science really create? A computer maybe?
But what is a brain, that comes from nothing, it is a God-made computer.

God made everything first.
Soft grass to walk on.
Fingers to eat with.
Our senses are a gift from God, so that we can enjoy the world He has given us.
Psalm 95:3-6
Psalm 104:1.24

Worship means to give to God.
We should worship God and give to Him our thanks and praise.
Psalm 95:1-6

The bible begins with In The Beginning, God Created...
Genesis 1:1

It ends with And I Saw A New Heaven and a New Earth
Revelation 21:1

God created the first Earth and will create the New Earth
where nothing will go wrong and where He will reign in all
righteousness.

I'd like to add that God, being God can do anything He wishes to do.
I am sometimes amused when we say that He cannot do something because
it is not in the Natural Law of Science, or because WE don't understand it.
We like to place limits on the God who created the entire universe!

Ephesians 4:6
The Father is in us all

James 1:17
Source of dependable good. Father of lights

Revelation 21:23
Father of the light of The New Jerusalem

Genesis 1:14
Put lights in the heavens of creation.
The Father of heavenly light and earthly light.
Romans 1:19-20

eddif

This is not about the Trinity.
It's about the difference between the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Here are just some thoughts:

Each one of the three persons, or aspects of God, has His own attributes and objective.
This makes it sound like there are 3 Gods. There is ONLY ONE God.
God can do as He wishes. So I like to think that He is One in every way,
but has the capability of showing us His different qualities. As a man who is
A father, an uncle and a brother. He is still only one man and cannot separate himself.
God, being God, separates Himself so that we may SEE the qualities and the attributes
within Him. The Son and Holy Spirit are a separation of those qualities which God has made visible
to our human eyes and mind.

The Trinity is a mystery. A mystery can be partly understood, but not wholly.
God has a Divine Nature. Three "persons" take part in that Divine Nature.

The "person" tells you WHO God is: The Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
The "nature" tells you WHAT He is: One God, One Divine Nature
The three "persons" share in one divine intellect and one divine will. This is the Divine Nature.

God is Love. Love cannot exist alone.
The Father Loves
The Son is Loved
The Holy Spirit binds the Trinity together in Love.

When we love God, we become, in small measure, a part of this divine nature and a part of the community of Love that exists in God.

Do we, as believers, feel that God is truly our Father?
Do we feel that we have a part in His divine nature?

GOD THE FATHER PART I
The most important thing we can do is to know, love and serve God,
our Father in heaven.

God has many attributes. A quality or characteristic that belongs to a person and is part of his being.

GOD IS THE CREATOR

Through the will and desire of God, all was created. Created means to make from nothing.
Man uses material already in existence to make what he wants and needs - he does not have the power to create.
This is why we call God "Creator", because He creates from nothing.

[A scientist told God that He is no longer necessary because science has learned how to create life and that he was willing to have a contest. So the scientist leaned down to pick up some dirt, but God stopped him.

Can science really create? A computer maybe?
But what is a brain, that comes from nothing, it is a God-made computer.

God made everything first.
Soft grass to walk on.
Fingers to eat with.
Our senses are a gift from God, so that we can enjoy the world He has given us.
Psalm 95:3-6
Psalm 104:1.24

Worship means to give to God.
We should worship God and give to Him our thanks and praise.
Psalm 95:1-6

The bible begins with In The Beginning, God Created...
Genesis 1:1

It ends with And I Saw A New Heaven and a New Earth
Revelation 21:1

God created the first Earth and will create the New Earth
where nothing will go wrong and where He will reign in all
righteousness.

I'd like to add that God, being God can do anything He wishes to do.
I am sometimes amused when we say that He cannot do something because
it is not in the Natural Law of Science, or because WE don't understand it.
We like to place limits on the God who created the entire universe!

That will preach, sister! I would that people's hearts were touched and they would seek to walk with God instead of paying Him lip service. So often the Left leaning persons of this and of other forums are tolerated instead of being corrected or dismissed and their filth pollutes all that is holy in a man. When I and my Missionary friend in Guatemala moderated a Christian forum it was a strong place of Christian Education and praise for our LORD.

But because the Administrator was still under fifty and because the lies of the Holiness Movement are so sweet sounding, he moved away from the truth and ran us both off in favor of a new crew. God has since killed that site because it was allowed that the Left Leaning heresies soon followed and the Mods were not allowed, as I understand it, to remove the trash they posted but were driven to be Politically Correct and to tolerate their differences.

Great subject opening.

That will preach, sister! I would that people's hearts were touched and they would seek to walk with God instead of paying Him lip service. So often the Left leaning persons of this and of other forums are tolerated instead of being corrected or dismissed and their filth pollutes all that is holy in a man. When I and my Missionary friend in Guatemala moderated a Christian forum it was a strong place of Christian Education and praise for our LORD.

But because the Administrator was still under fifty and because the lies of the Holiness Movement are so sweet sounding, he moved away from the truth and ran us both off in favor of a new crew. God has since killed that site because it was allowed that the Left Leaning heresies soon followed and the Mods were not allowed, as I understand it, to remove the trash they posted but were driven to be Politically Correct and to tolerate their differences.

Great subject opening.
Hi Bill
A big Amen to all.
Please add as you see fit. It would be great!

Wondering

Ephesians 4:6
The Father is in us all

James 1:17
Source of dependable good. Father of lights

Revelation 21:23
Father of the light of The New Jerusalem

Genesis 1:14
Put lights in the heavens of creation.
The Father of heavenly light and earthly light.
Romans 1:19-20

eddif
Hi Eddif
Why did you write about the light?

Wondering

This joke is actually derived from Genesis 1:1. It's not actually a complete sentence. The Hebrew verb "bara" is one that needs a material for the Earth and Heavens to be formed from....but none is listed.

You can bara a wooden table, stone table, aluminum table and etc....but you must list the material from which the table was made otherwise it's an incomplete sentence.

Such is the case with the Heavens and the Earth...no material is mentioned there in this highly poetic portion of Genesis...

It was a great example of how to keep people from making something out of the word nothing... because I guarantee you that if any word was used to state "nothing" somebody would have turned that word into meaning something.

You set the seeing in the discussion.

Looking at differences I set out spiritual light and visible light. Eyes of our understanding vs the eyes in our head. In one sense I also set up a possible comparison. I encourage personal study to grow in faith.

eddif

It's great to read of praise and understanding of our creator.
No matter how we think of God the Father, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, we are thinking of God.
And give them praise and glory for all.
We are included.

This joke is actually derived from Genesis 1:1. It's not actually a complete sentence. The Hebrew verb "bara" is one that needs a material for the Earth and Heavens to be formed from....but none is listed.

You can bara a wooden table, stone table, aluminum table and etc....but you must list the material from which the table was made otherwise it's an incomplete sentence.

Such is the case with the Heavens and the Earth...no material is mentioned there in this highly poetic portion of Genesis...

It was a great example of how to keep people from making something out of the word nothing... because I guarantee you that if any word was used to state "nothing" somebody would have turned that word into meaning something.
What about Genesis 3:19?
We were taken from the ground.
We are dust and to dust we shall return.
I guess dust could be dirt??

Also, doesn't the color red fit in here somewhere?

Wondering

It's great to read of praise and understanding of our creator.
No matter how we think of God the Father, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, we are thinking of God.
And give them praise and glory for all.
We are included.
Perfect.
But wasn't God so good to send us His Son, Jesus, so we could relate to Him?
When I envision God, I see Jesus.
After all he was here and we saw Him and read about Him and His humanity
so that we could feel close to God.

God tried in every way to speak to us:
Through miracles, the Prophets, nature.
Nothing seemed to work because He's too mighty for us to really understand Him.
So He became a man, in Jesus, so that we could see Him face to face
and feel close to Him and finally hear the message of salvation
and how to be with God forever.

Wondering

What about Genesis 3:19?
We were taken from the ground.
We are dust and to dust we shall return.
I guess dust could be dirt??

Also, doesn't the color red fit in here somewhere?

Wondering

Most of creation was spoken into existence...man was formed by God's hands and then life breathed into him..a much more intimate process.

All of the very rich and fertile ground over in that area is red. A lot of the "Jerusalem Stone" (stuff that the buildings are made of) in that area also has a pinkish hue to it.

Ruddy is a description of a genetic anomaly of the Semitic people...a few of them have a reddish color to their hair and complexion. David, Esau, and several others in the Bible were described as having this anomaly. (Jacob was more white)

Adam also had a Ruddy/red complexion.

We sometimes believe that Jesus might have had the same anomaly.

Genetic dust from the rest of creation.

At judgement the book is opened. Genetics is our human book.

eddif
Hi Ediff

Do you mean that we can trace our genetics back to God?
I like your input to all threads but I find you to be a little mysterious.
Could you please explain better??

Wondering

One aspect I can think of is the roles God has put on Himself and with that possibly the examples of His love, His Character, and parts of His relationship with us. In the Old Testament God has repeated called Isreal and Judea adulterous wives. With that in mind God as taken on the role of a husband, Or at the very least the Groom. With the parables and the prophicies that take into account the wedding Groom, and the great banquet, God the father seems to hold a husband like relationship, if not to us indivually, then to at least some of us collectively. When Jesus taught though, He often regarded God as The Father, and encouraged us to call Him the same.

I don't really know how the roles are different with God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I do think though the roles in our lives, the relationship between husbands and wife's, and the love a father has for their children, are meant now as examples for us on God's love for us.

One aspect I can think of is the roles God has put on Himself and with that possibly the examples of His love, His Character, and parts of His relationship with us. In the Old Testament God has repeated called Isreal and Judea adulterous wives. With that in mind God as taken on the role of a husband, Or at the very least the Groom. With the parables and the prophicies that take into account the wedding Groom, and the great banquet, God the father seems to hold a husband like relationship, if not to us indivually, then to at least some of us collectively. When Jesus taught though, He often regarded God as The Father, and encouraged us to call Him the same.

I don't really know how the roles are different with God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I do think though the roles in our lives, the relationship between husbands and wife's, and the love a father has for their children, are meant now as examples for us on God's love for us.
Very interesting about God calling Israel an adulteress wife.
Since the NT tells us that Jesus is the spouse of the Bride, His Church,
this shows perfectly how each Person is in every Person of the Trinity.
Both God Father and God Son are identified as a spouse.

Indeed, although God is one, the roles of the Person's are different.
This will be about those differences.

Since NNS touched upon the idea of adultery, I'd like to say that when we stray from simple biblical teachings, it is like going to a different god. It could be considered spiritual adultery. Abandoning the true God...

Wondering

Last edited:
Hi Ediff

Do you mean that we can trace our genetics back to God?
I like your input to all threads but I find you to be a little mysterious.
Could you please explain better??

Wondering
This genetic stuff is through a glass darkly.

Made in the image of God (Gensis, Romans 1:19-20):
Angels carry messages to and from God so we have nerves to carry messages from our toes to brain

God threw Satan and fallen angels out of heaven, so we have kidneys to remove waste products.

We get a new heart, so our hearts natural pacemaker looks like a crucified man.

The New Jerusalem has a tree of life, and our cerebellum looks like a tree inside (if sliced open - mid section).

Genetics passes this along as a record of what our Heavenly Father did. This was partially a result of taking some college courses and being in the spirit while studying.

eddif

Last edited:
Modern Genetics started with Mendel (?).

Our real understanding of genetics is in last several decades. So the church fathers did not discuss this. This leaves me as a heretic in some people's minds. Revelation in our lifetime? Well I don't think eddif is smart / stupid enough to invent it.

You must open the biology book of creation to the same page in the Bible. Compare the two revelations of the Father (of course that brings "let us" to the discussion).

eddif

This genetic stuff is through a glass darkly.

Made in the image of God (Gensis, Romans 1:19-20):
Angels carry messages to and from God so we have nerves to carry messages from our toes to brain

God threw Satan and fallen angels out of heaven, so we have kidneys to remove waste products.

We get a new heart, so our hearts natural pacemaker looks like a crucified man.

The New Jerusalem has a tree of life, and our cerebellum looks like a tree inside (if sliced open - mid section).

Genetics passes this along as a record of what our Heavenly Father did. This was partially a result of taking some college courses and being in the spirit while studying.

eddif
Hi Eddif,
Very interesting indeed.
I always said that God made everything first.
He made the first computer.
He made the first eating utensils.
He made the first carpeting.
I had made a whole list once, many years ago.
I like your analogies.

Wondering

Since NNS touched upon the idea of adultery, I'd like to say that when we stray from simple biblical teachings, it is like going to a different god. It could be considered spiritual adultery. Abandoning the true God...

Wondering

I don't know. I think a lot of the time Isreal was called adulterous was due to idolatry and making pacts with other nations / relying on other nations. (Then again, the treaties and friendliness to neighboring nations also led to idolatry and horrible other practices, so those two aspects could be one in the same).

Either way though, compared to an adulterous wife, or as a rebellious daughter. Isreal's turning away from God, and turning away from His laws brought many rebukes in their history. I think your right about our actions straying away from God and His teachings are adultery, or are close enough for a rebuke. That's been the case in the Old Testiment's history in Israel.

Wondering
Hosea is the book to read to understand the whoredoms of Israel.

Finally there was a restoration with his wife.

The word being in Israel's heart and mind allowed a restoration that allowed the NT / NC to be established.

eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back