Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Humblepie

Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The Mosaic law is neutral, it has blessings and curses, so this isn't what was written against us.

The law of the jealous husband is what this scripture refers to.

God follows his LAW, he cannot come back into covenant with Israel unless he follows his law.

Numbers 5:21-29

Then the priest shall charge the woman with an oath of cursing, and the priest shall say unto the woman, The Lord make thee a curse and an oath among thy people, when the Lord doth make thy thigh to rot, and thy belly to swell;

22 And this water that causeth the curse shall go into thy bowels, to make thy belly to swell, and thy thigh to rot: And the woman shall say, Amen, amen.

23 And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot them out with the bitter water:

24 And he shall cause the woman to drink the bitter water that causeth the curse: and the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter.

25 Then the priest shall take the jealousy offering out of the woman's hand, and shall wave the offering before the Lord, and offer it upon the altar:

26 And the priest shall take an handful of the offering, even the memorial thereof, and burn it upon the altar, and afterward shall cause the woman to drink the water.

27 And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled, and have done trespass against her husband, that the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people.

28 And if the woman be not defiled, but be clean; then she shall be free, and shall conceive seed.

29 This is the law of jealousies, when a wife goeth aside to another instead of her husband, and is defiled;

Hi Humblepie

You have seriously got to be putting us on. You honestly believe that Colossians 2:14 is about how a man should deal with a wayward wife?

God bless,
Ted
Ted,

Lol, it goes so much deeper than that.
I love his word for that reason, it's meanings are so much deeper than one can imagine.

Let's ask a question.
Under the Law, when is it OK for the wife to remarry after divorce?

You have seriously got to be putting us on. You honestly believe that Colossians 2:14 is about how a man should deal with a wayward wife?
Shalom shalom in Christ Jesus and may He Mercifully open the eyes of the blind, may He Choose to Turn The Light on in their lives so they are no longer condemned or afraid or deceived.

Ted, I think (and hope for the best, as other alternative that they have a perverse heart and mind is much more wicked and negative)
they have grasped onto some teaching or doctrine for relief, or for comfort, or for escape from pain in their past (and present?) ....
They likely do not have someone currently (or in the past either?) providing the healing Torah, the Truth of Scripture,
in God's Wisdom;

so they have turned to something/someone else/ this forum? (not likely) / some 'teaching'
that to them seems to satisfy or comfort or help them through the painful trials past and present.

Shalom shalom in Christ Jesus and may He Mercifully open the eyes of the blind, may He Choose to Turn The Light on in their lives so they are no longer condemned or afraid or deceived.

Ted, I think (and hope for the best, as other alternative that they have a perverse heart and mind is much more wicked and negative)
they have grasped onto some teaching or doctrine for relief, or for comfort, or for escape from pain in their past (and present?) ....
They likely do not have someone currently (or in the past either?) providing the healing Torah, the Truth of Scripture,
in God's Wisdom;

so they have turned to something/someone else/ this forum? (not likely) / some 'teaching'
that to them seems to satisfy or comfort or help them through the painful trials past and present.
Hi follower

Yeah! That's what it is.

God bless,
Ted

Ted,
You're correct.

So christ died in place of the accused wife, (judah) and The northern kingdom of Israel who he divorced in order for them to come back into covenant.

Three things happen to the guilty wife.
1. Her stomach swells
2. The thighs waste away
3. She is cursed, mocked

Three things happened to Jesus on the cross.
Guess what they were.

I did not claim that this is the only reason he died.
Just one reason he died.

If he didn't take the place of the guilty wife, he can not come back into covenant with them. With us.
We are his bride along with Judah, and the northern kingdom.

I reaffirm. Col 2 and Num 5 are directly related. It had to happen like this, it was the law of the jealous husband that had to be fulfilled.

I'm open to scripture to correct me, but not verbal persecution, God tells us that those that teach the truth will be persecuted,
And it's true here as well.

So show me I'm wrong from the scripture regarding God's ability to remarry his church after adultery.

According to scripture.

I know it's a deep subject, but God never breaks his law so how do you go around it?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back