Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study The Power Of Christ's Ressurection.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

Philippians 3:10 "that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death" (ESV)

Philippians 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death" (KJV)

Many folk, I suspect, have prayed or thought about having the "power of Christ's resurrection". Early in my call of the Christ of God, to go to Bible College and train to be a preacher of the Gospel of Christ Jesus and to be a Pastor of His Churches, I came across this verse of Scripture. I knew that I needed the power of Christ's resurrection, even though it meant that I would suffer for His Name sake.

One of my favorite theologians is Kenneth Wuest....Wuest was a professor[1] of New Testament Greek at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, and published over a dozen books on the New Testament. Wuest is often cited[2] as an influential Evangelical and Dispensationalist scholar. (Wikipedia)

Kenneth Wuest's Greek interpretation of Ephesians 1:19, 20 brings out, in my opinion, a dynamic explanation of these verses...Ephesians 1:19 "And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places."
(KJV)

"What is the superabounding greatness of His inherent power to us who are believing ones as measured by the operative energy of the manifested strength of His might, which might was operative in the Christ when He (the Father) raised Him (Christ) from among the dead and seated Him at His right Hand in the Heavenly places." Dr. Wuest.

I really like how Dr. Wuest interprets "superabounding greatness of His inherent power to us". Man O man, that's more power than the electric grid has. I'm sure that that power was used by Jesus as He healed the sick and cast out devils. That kind of power is more than a match for the kingdom of darkness. Did you see this? This power is available to US who are "believing ones" Where is our faith? The power is in JESUS NAME.

This kind of resurrection power comes at a cost. Are we willing to share in Christ's sufferings? That's a big question. Well, I saw the resurrection power of Christ working thru me in all four Churches that I was their Pastor. God was very kind to me and He saved many souls in each Church and each Church grew supernaturally. O Praise our matchless Savior.

Yep, I had resurrection power all right, and lots of suffering to boot. Some of the suffering was linked to Christ's suffering like the opposition by some in each Church who were faking Christianity. Other suffering was, I'm sure, because of my own stupid decisions.

Now, want to know how to tap into this great resurrection power? Here's the Biblical answer....Colossians 3:1 "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

Verse 1 is you, right? It says, seek the things (resurrection power) above where Christ is seated. So, turn to Jesus, and ask Him for that power to work in your calling, whatever that is.

Philippians 3:10 "that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death" (ESV)

Philippians 3:10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death" (KJV)

Many folk, I suspect, have prayed or thought about having the "power of Christ's resurrection". Early in my call of the Christ of God, to go to Bible College and train to be a preacher of the Gospel of Christ Jesus and to be a Pastor of His Churches, I came across this verse of Scripture. I knew that I needed the power of Christ's resurrection, even though it meant that I would suffer for His Name sake.

One of my favorite theologians is Kenneth Wuest....Wuest was a professor[1] of New Testament Greek at the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, and published over a dozen books on the New Testament. Wuest is often cited[2] as an influential Evangelical and Dispensationalist scholar. (Wikipedia)

Kenneth Wuest's Greek interpretation of Ephesians 1:19, 20 brings out, in my opinion, a dynamic explanation of these verses...Ephesians 1:19 "And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places."
(KJV)

"What is the superabounding greatness of His inherent power to us who are believing ones as measured by the operative energy of the manifested strength of His might, which might was operative in the Christ when He (the Father) raised Him (Christ) from among the dead and seated Him at His right Hand in the Heavenly places." Dr. Wuest.

I really like how Dr. Wuest interprets "superabounding greatness of His inherent power to us". Man O man, that's more power than the electric grid has. I'm sure that that power was used by Jesus as He healed the sick and cast out devils. That kind of power is more than a match for the kingdom of darkness. Did you see this? This power is available to US who are "believing ones" Where is our faith? The power is in JESUS NAME.

This kind of resurrection power comes at a cost. Are we willing to share in Christ's sufferings? That's a big question. Well, I saw the resurrection power of Christ working thru me in all four Churches that I was their Pastor. God was very kind to me and He saved many souls in each Church and each Church grew supernaturally. O Praise our matchless Savior.

Yep, I had resurrection power all right, and lots of suffering to boot. Some of the suffering was linked to Christ's suffering like the opposition by some in each Church who were faking Christianity. Other suffering was, I'm sure, because of my own stupid decisions.

Now, want to know how to tap into this great resurrection power? Here's the Biblical answer....Colossians 3:1 "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

Verse 1 is you, right? It says, seek the things (resurrection power) above where Christ is seated. So, turn to Jesus, and ask Him for that power to work in your calling, whatever that is.
Adam's sin brought death to all mankind.
Jesus' resurrection brought life to all mankind. We will all be resurrected never to die again as Adman died.
Where we spend eternity is up to us; unite with God and eternal life or unite with the devil and the 2nd death.
The power of the resurrection is the power to give eternal life to whosoever believes.

iakov the fool

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back