Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] The Sixth Sense

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

HeIsRisen2018

Dramione love 3333
Is there really such a thing? You know how when you just get the vibe that something really bad is going to happen, or when it's going to rain, or if you like a person that you barely know yet? Why do we get these feelings? Did God really grant some people to have the ability of extra sensory perception? Maybe there are just some things in this world that are yet to be explained.

Is there really such a thing? You know how when you just get the vibe that something really bad is going to happen, or when it's going to rain, or if you like a person that you barely know yet? Why do we get these feelings? Did God really grant some people to have the ability of extra sensory perception? Maybe there are just some things in this world that are yet to be explained.

Well do not be confused...our 5 senses are very limited. We can see in a very small section of the spectrum but there is much much more that we are unable to see in where other creatures (like bees) can see . There are limits to our hearing which are the same way. There are sounds outside of our range (like dog whistles arrest to). So if we were to be able to sense in these other areas we would see what other humans cannot and hear what other humans cannot. Such is the eyes and ears of faith (not just some fanciful wish or imagination). We can see in a way not dependent on physical eyes and hear on occasion a voice from within that is not like the normal inter-self conversations we all indulge in. Do these line up with God's words, will, and thoughts we have learned and can access through the teachings he gave us through the Prophets and then through His Word/Son.

Then there is the fact that though in general we humans only use about 10% of the brain, and only selected areas at a time, by MRIs and CAT scans we have realized that some people use different areas not common to the average person. When some areas are heightened in activity people experience differently (and in some extreme cases may hear things others do not and see what others do not).

Before I came to Christ I was a student of Pantanjali Yoga (a yoga of the mind)...the Siddhis or superpowers of the mind are not thought of as "Psychic" or "spirit" related in any way. They are natural capabilities and potentials of the human mind/brain that can be accessed with training. These experiences taught me that there is so much more that the eye cannot see and the ear cannot hear that a "sixth sense" is merely a heightened or more focused intuitive property God wired us to have. As Christians we should always measure this against the word of God. This is imporatnat however because sometimes our personal lusts, preferences, fears, and egoistic aspirations can influence such "feelings".

Well do not be confused...our 5 senses are very limited. We can see in a very small section of the spectrum but there is much much more that we are unable to see in where other creatures (like bees) can see . There are limits to our hearing which are the same way. There are sounds outside of our range (like dog whistles arrest to). So if we were to be able to sense in these other areas we would see what other humans cannot and hear what other humans cannot. Such is the eyes and ears of faith (not just some fanciful wish or imagination). We can see in a way not dependent on physical eyes and hear on occasion a voice from within that is not like the normal inter-self conversations we all indulge in. Do these line up with God's words, will, and thoughts we have learned and can access through the teachings he gave us through the Prophets and then through His Word/Son.

Then there is the fact that though in general we humans only use about 10% of the brain, and only selected areas at a time, by MRIs and CAT scans we have realized that some people use different areas not common to the average person. When some areas are heightened in activity people experience differently (and in some extreme cases may hear things others do not and see what others do not).

Before I came to Christ I was a student of Pantanjali Yoga (a yoga of the mind)...the Siddhis or superpowers of the mind are not thought of as "Psychic" or "spirit" related in any way. They are natural capabilities and potentials of the human mind/brain that can be accessed with training. These experiences taught me that there is so much more that the eye cannot see and the ear cannot hear that a "sixth sense" is merely a heightened or more focused intuitive property God wired us to have. As Christians we should always measure this against the word of God. This is imporatnat however because sometimes our personal lusts, preferences, fears, and egoistic aspirations can influence such "feelings".

OK the only thing I really understood was Yoga since I take it and it has helped me with my balance, cordination, and relaxation. I am mentally disabled and so I need a simpler explanation than that please.

I personally know that psychic abilities exist. But the Bible clearly says to stay away from it, it is occultism. It is a serious transgression against the Lord.

I personally know that psychic abilities exist. But the Bible clearly says to stay away from it, it is occultism. It is a serious transgression against the Lord.

I know, but that isn't what I meant. Certain feelings about things aren't the same thing as being physic in my mind.

I agree that things like divination and communicating with familiar spirits, etc., is occult and definite forbidden. I am glad to say I never messed with such things even before being born from above. This "sixth sense" the OP was referring to is not the same thing at all. The OP subject is within our ability (though it is not needed) and sometimes delusions. You yourself have used it many times...say you are walking the street at night and you CAN go down this dark alley for a short cut but your gut says no (you sense tye possibility of danger)...you do not go there and are fine. Were you paranoid? Was it the Spirit warning you? Was it a growth or insight from wisdomof experience? Who knows but it is real....

Yeah, and I was just simply asking why. Surely you have gotten good or bad vibes about people before whether they or true or not.

Discriminating or discerning is an innate (in born) biological function (to tell one thing from another) but is also learned and sometimes influenced by subconscious prejudice society or family demonstrates to us....

Why we have this is a wiring from God so we can discern difference (the air from fire...the ground from a hole...good from evil). Some people are blessed with a "gift of discerment" where they can sense the spirit influences around, on, or in a person they encounter and by this know how to deal with them.

Discriminating or discerning is an innate (in born) biological function (to tell one thing from another) but is also learned and sometimes influenced by subconscious prejudice society or family demonstrates to us....

I really don't like to think of it as discriminating since I can't stand discrimination and I have been discriminated before myself. I like to think of it more as an ability to tell who to trust.

I really don't like to think of it as discriminating since I can't stand discrimination and I have been discriminated before myself. I like to think of it more as an ability to tell who to trust.

Yes this essential biological function (the ability to discriminate) has been tainted by modern political implications and applications. I am also against this form of discrimination for even God is not a respecter of persons (meaning status, gender, ethnicity, and other such things hold no weight with Him). However, we must not throw out the baby with the bath water. Without the ability to discriminate we would as young people walk away with strangers, or even as adults walk right off of cliffs, or into the fire, and more.

Sadly humans quite often take that which was meant for good and turn it into or apply it in some evil or selfish way. When Einstein said E - MC squared, he was excited about how this would unlock the key to an endless, eventually free, source of energy (through fusion). Humans motivated by power and money and other self-oriented motivations turned it around (fission) and made the most heinous bomb ever devised.

Our Lord however is quite the opposite, and often takes that which men have meant for evil and turns it for our good.

Yes this essential biological function (the ability to discriminate) has been tainted by modern political implications and applications. I am also against this form of discrimination for even God is not a respecter of persons (meaning status, gender, ethnicity, and other such things hold no weight with Him). However, we must not throw out the baby with the bath water. Without the ability to discriminate we would as young people walk away with strangers, or even as adults walk right off of cliffs, or into the fire, and more.

Sadly humans quite often take that which was meant for good and turn it into or apply it in some evil or selfish way. When Einstein said E - MC squared, he was excited about how this would unlock the key to an endless, eventually free, source of energy (through fusion). Humans motivated by power and money and other self-oriented motivations turned it around (fission) and made the most heinous bomb ever devised.

Our Lord however is quite the opposite, and often takes that which men have meant for evil and turns it for our good.

I don't think that I got all that, but the part that I did I liked. :)

Another famous example of man's perversity is dynamite, which was invented by Alfred Nobel (Peace Prize), who thought that such awesome destructive power would persuade man to end war forever.

Another famous example of man's perversity is dynamite, which was invented by Alfred Nobel (Peace Prize), who thought that such awesome destructive power would persuade man to end war forever.

Go figure! So long as men choose to be a god unto themselves (Genesis 3:5) and decide good and evil for themselves (doing what THEY think is right in their own eyes), man shall rise up against woman, men against men religiously and politically, and clan against clan, tribe against tribe, nation against nation and war will not stop until He comes (then for a short time war as never imagined and then peace). The grace of God bless you and yours...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back