Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Two prayer requests...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

I have two prayer requests that I ask my brothers and sisters in the Lord to remember:

This week is the week the ELCA will either stand firm for godly principles or vote to compromise God's word and condone unrepentant sinners to be ministers and lay leaders. (And, yes, we are all sinners, but the key word here is "unrepentant".) I ask that God will grant His grace to all who are at the General Assembly and send His Spirit to convict those there to remain steadfast.

Depending upon how this turns out, our family will have some very tough decisions to make, so if you can keep us in prayer as well.

My other prayer request concerns a dear lady in our small community. She is a wonderful, elderly Christian woman, and she had to have a minor surgery. However, although she came through the surgery OK, she has developed pneumonia. She is now hospitalized and isn't dong well at all. Please uphold her in your prayers, she is a strong prayer warrior who has interceded on others behalf countless times before the throne and now she needs our support. Her name is Reeta.

is your church wanting to condone practicing lbgt ministers? if so then prayer indeed, it's sad when those claim salvation seem to confused on the most basic tenets of the faith. Lord have mercy on us all

jason :pray

handy said:
I have two prayer requests that I ask my brothers and sisters in the Lord to remember:

This week is the week the ELCA will either stand firm for godly principles or vote to compromise God's word and condone unrepentant sinners to be ministers and lay leaders. (And, yes, we are all sinners, but the key word here is "unrepentant".) I ask that God will grant His grace to all who are at the General Assembly and send His Spirit to convict those there to remain steadfast.
Your church, your family and your friend Reeta will be in my prayers Handy. Do you know what day the ELCA will hold this vote?

Westtexas

is your church wanting to condone practicing lbgt ministers?

Yes, and to take the step of ordaining practicing lbgt and to formulate some kind of ceremony (as of now, not to be called marriage) to recognize monogamous homosexual relationships.

Do you know what day the ELCA will hold this vote?

No, but the Assembly starts tomorrow. I'll be keeping an eye out for news and let you all know as soon as I know.

And thank you for remembering Reeta. If you knew her, you would love her too.

Reeta is doing better and is now home from the hospital. She is rather weak, but doing much better.

As most of you know, the ELCA did vote to ordain and roster gay and lesbian ministers.

Steve is going to sit down today with his mom and dad and talk with them about our leaving the church. This will be a difficult conversation, I know. Please uphold him in prayer. We are going to visit the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod, which stands very firm on the Scriptures. Perhaps God will lead us there.

glad to here, have a look at the calvary chapel denomation or the christian and missionary alliance. They are good churches.

jason

Just my opinion "Handy", but I would be looking for another church or denomination, if things don't change for the better. If it isn't according to the Word of God...I'm out of there!
P.S. Praying for Reeta too!

Well, the day that Steve was going to sit and talk things over with his folks turned out to be quite different from what we expected. They were bucking hay that day and Steve and our son fell off the hay trailer. We had to go to the ER. Our son had a broken foot, and Steve either broke or severely bruised his tailbone.

Since then, between falling off of hay trucks,trips to the doctors, several epileptic seizures, and the flu, Steve steadfastly and prayerfully sought the right time to speak to his parents.

That happened this evening. The Lord laid it on my heart that this was what he was doing when he didn't return from their house right away, so I was able to lift all three of them up in prayer.

He said the conversation went very well and that his parents are OK with our decision, although they were rather shocked at our attitude. They've been part of this denomination for so long that they just have lost sight of how far off track it truly is. As I was praying in the kitchen while Steve was gone, the Lord laid it upon my heart that this is a way of bringing them back to a better understanding of His holy word and His holy standards as well. Perhaps the "elephant in the room" is going to finally be laid to rest.

All in God's good timing.

Meanwhile, since everyone that has broken body parts are feeling better, and since the flu has worked it's way out of our systems, we are also ready, truly for the first time since this whole thing came up, to visit another church. There is a Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in the same town my daughter goes to Jr. High in. We plan to visit there tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for us as God leads us to where He would have us be. And do pray for those in the ELCA who are facing hurt and broken fellowships over this. It's not easy for anyone.

Just wanted to update that we did go to the Missouri Synod Lutheran church and we love it!!!! The pastor is really on fire for the word. The kids have started confirmation (Christian education) and they really like the pastor. As they say he is "totally awesome". There are also kids there that go to school with my daughter and she really likes that, as well as a boy my son's age.

We are really happy in our new church home! Praise God!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back