Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

ummm hi from bonnie scotland

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
F

fallen_angel

howdi, not sure what to say, I'm a theology student from scotland

Welcome, and judging by your name I guess that you are not Christian. Oh, well all will be reconciled in time.

I don't think Gendou Ikari was judging you, but fallen angel is a descriptor of Satan and the other angels that were cast out of heaven. I'm sure that was why he thought maybe you might not be a Christian.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!! 8-)

Hi FA, welcome.

Do you know of Alistair Begg? He's from your side of the world and well known in the states. He's one of my favorite pastors. :)

Dave

the name alister begg sounds familiar??
i know what my name means, just blah never mind

Gendou Ikari said:
Welcome, and judging by your name I guess that you are not Christian. Oh, well all will be reconciled in time.

Uh oh! I hope you are not one of those people who believe everyone is eventually going to be saved...

:smt018

I don't think Gendou Ikari was judging you
Nope, I wasn't judging you. It was just the name that gave that impression.

Uh oh! I hope you are not one of those people who believe everyone is eventually going to be saved...

Yeah, I'm one of those people; known as Christian Universalists by the way. And Universal Reconsiliation is Biblical.
:-D

Gendou, drop it. Due to the behavior of our past UR's that topic is off limts here. Beside, let's let this thread serve the purpose Fallen angel wanted it to serve. 8-)

Gendou, drop it. Due to the behavior of our past UR's that topic is off limts here. Beside, let's let this thread serve the purpose Fallen angel wanted it to serve.

Sorry, I was just responding to bibleberean's question.

Gendou Ikari said:
And Universal Reconsiliation is Biblical.

This is more or less a sales pitch. It was not needed to answer Berean's Question. The fact of the matter is the topic is off limits here, and this discussion is over.

Please don't take this the wrong way, we just do not want to start fights again. Thank you in advance.

FA

Here is some info from his ministry page called "truth for life"

"You can take a Scot out of Scotland but you cannot take Scotland out of a Scot. Although he doesn't wear a kilt and bagpipes are not his favorite musical instrument, Alistair is Scottish to the core.

He was born in Glasgow in 1952 to Christian parents who were instrumental in his coming to faith in Christ. At the end of high school, he will tell you, his sights were set on a law degree and an American girl named Susan. Today he has a theology degree and the American girl!

They were married following his graduation in 1975 from London Bible College and lived in Edinburgh for two years where Alistair was assistant to Derek Prime at Charlotte Chapel.

From 1977 - 1983 he was pastor of Hamilton Baptist Church. During that time their three children, Cameron, Michelle and Emily were born. In the summer of '83 he accepted the invitation to pastor in Cleveland, Ohio and they have been there ever since.

The teaching on Truth For Life stems from the week by week Bible teaching at Parkside Church.

When Alistair is 'off duty' you will find him with the family, taking photographs, playing the three tunes he knows on the piano, scouring second hand book shops and desperately trying to break 80 on the golf course. Alistair's Itinerary "

http://www.truthforlife.org/beggparkside.php

God bless

Dave

the name alister begg sounds familiar??
i know what my name means, just blah never mind

Don't tell me to nevermind. All I did was explain why he probably said what he said. If you can't handle conversation here without throwing attitude, then I can guarantee you won't last long.

Hello and welcome. Wish you well with your theological studies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back