Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Urgent advice needed feel so alone and hopeless

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey everybody! I'm going to start out by saying I'm not asking for handouts or anything like that because I hate asking you for help at all and it's just not who I am but I am a single mom of five babies and they are my world I am a single mom due to domestic violence and my ex husband almost killed me and after spending 18 weeks in a coma in the trauma intensive Care unit and then once I was stable and woke up they sent me to a rehabilitation hospital for 14 weeks where I had to learn to live again and basically do everything again. I am still in outpatient OT and PT but I'm working so hard to get back on my feet and as soon as the doctor releases me to go back to work full time I am going. But as of now I am the only person that takes care of my children by myself I get no child support or no help from anyone however I did recently apply for food stamps, medicaid, and wic. They expedited my case and I hope to hear something from all them soon because we need to help so badly. I have one special needs daughter who has severe epilepsy, asthma, and due to being a micro preemie and being born at 23 weeks gestation and weighing less than a pound, he had to get a g-tube placed because she was losing weight and was almost diagnosed with failure to thrive. Since getting the g-tube it has been a lifesaver and she started to gain weight and thrive again however she has to have her hypoallergenic amino acid based formula for enterol feedings. It has to be purchased at a medical supply store due to it is a specialty formula for g tubes and that's the only place is carried my daughter ran out of her formula yesterday and I have tried everything I know to do to get some I called every food bank and all around yesterday when it was Friday no one has the formula because you're such a rare kind and usually the only time somebody has it is if they have a child who has had similar issues so that with no luck and I don't have any friends or family to ask and I'd even went as far as asking stranger because my baby has to eat. But now I'm scared to death because she's out and has missed three feedings total and that's the only thing she can have nothing by mouth at all she has such bad gastrointestinal issues. I need to figure out a way to make $64 ASAP because they have a small pallet of her formula at $64 and the bigger one is $134 and it lasts a month but at least $4 one last about a week and a half two weeks but anything will help right now because she cannot starve. hopefully by next week sometime since my case was expedited I will know something from food stamps and WIC and her Medicaid since I am missing a mom now and their dads income doesn't matter we should get approved. And that helps bother for me also but right now I'm stuck I need some kind of advice is there anywhere else that I've missed that I can look for help is there any organization that may would help like ASAP because like I said she's missed three feedings fixing to be four. I just need some way to feed my daughter and maybe I'm forgetting some thing that may be the answer or key to help my daughter get her formula but now I'm stuck because it's a Saturday and I live in North Carolina in a super super rural area like we literally have a Walmart about an hour and a half away I live in a small town and there's literally nothing around except an hour and a half away and like I said that town has a Walmart but even then it's a small one so we are limited around here especially on Saturdays because nothing opens due to I guess that's the old country ways but I'm hoping maybe there's someone some way or organization that someone can think of to help me because it's breaking my heart seeing her cry because she's got to eat I took her to the emergency room by the way last night to try to get some of her formula and they don't even have it in stock at the hospital because it's such a rare kind due to her not being able to have any kind of dairy or soy and it's hypoallergenic amino acid based for enteral feedings. They did however give her some formula at the hospital through her gtube after not listening to me demand to them over and over she could not have it that it would mess her up and she threw up for 2 hours after we got home because they gave her soy and told me it wasn't the hospital around here isn't a very big one it is the size of a doctor's office because we live in such a small town.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back