Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Were in the bible does it say right out astral projection and lucid dreaming are bad?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've never heard of lucid dreaming being wrong - all that means is that you can control your dreams. My dreams have often been semi-lucid without me doing anything at all.

Astral projection, though, is a pagan practice, which is something we are to avoid. Playing with the spirit world is dangerous.

Lucid dreaming as a practice seems strange to me. I sometimes… I think 🤔…accidentally lucid dream but it seems to be because of heavy b vitamin supplementation. True story…I think 🧐 it’s the b6 in particular that causes it. I need b vitamins for my mental health so…yeah…
But anyway astral projection is an occult concept and practice so it’s forbidden 🚫 right from the get go.

Were in the bible does it say right out astral projection and lucid dreaming are bad? :chin ☹️

I think of astral projection as a form of occult practice. Deu. 18:10-11 "There must never be found among you anyone who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, anyone who practices divination, an omen reader, a soothsayer, a sorcerer, one who casts spells, one who conjures up spirits, a practitioner of the occult, or a necromancer."

Were in the bible does it say right out astral projection and lucid dreaming are bad? :chin ☹️

More to the point where does it say we are to use or are allowed to use such practises?

God is sovereign and communicates with us normally through the Bible, preaching etc, but he is able to communicate through dreams and out of body experiences.

The point is we do not seek these experiences but it is God who grants them.

It doesn't. People have been having OBE'S forever. I've struggled with them for over 50 years - and I didn't seek or ask for them. There are three different planes or realms in that 'spirit' world. I've been to all three and two of them can be scarry.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back