Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What does God need?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What would God need "mere human beings" for? Man is born of Sin, a lot of people seem to believe there is this "all powerful" creature named Satan who runs everything; why in the world would God want any of us?

What would God need "mere human beings" for?
God does not need humans but God wanted humans around or we would not be here on this earth .
Man is born of Sin,
Man is born into a sinful fallen world , there is no doubt of that .
a lot of people seem to believe there is this "all powerful" creature named Satan who runs everything
Satan has powers but only what God allows him to have .

Satan has a kingdom .
Matthew 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Satan tempted Jesus .
Mark 1:13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.

Satan can be an angel of light .
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Satan has seat where he dwells .
Revelation 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Enlightenedtruth , do you think this "prince of the power of the air " is Satan also ?
Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

What would God need "mere human beings" for? Man is born of Sin, a lot of people seem to believe there is this "all powerful" creature named Satan who runs everything; why in the world would God want any of us?
Assuming this is a sincere question (that you're not just wanting to argue):

God doesn't need anything or anyone, because He is self-sufficient (and the only one who is self-sufficient ultimately). Yet, He wants to share His love with human beings, who are the crown of His creation. He "needs" us only in the sense of fulfilling His purpose that His glory (and His love) would shine through us to a world who doesn't know Him. This of course requires all of what the NT talks about.

Hi Enlightenedtruth

Because God is love. God doesn't need any of us, as far as it being something for Him to survive. But God created us to be in fellowship with Him. Like a Father with a brood of children. He loves them all, but He also disciplines those who are rebellious and refuse to return that love for Him. Just as Jesus has told us. Love the Lord your God with all that is in you. That's what God asks of us. For those who will allow His power and authority and love to rule over their lives, He has promised to live with them eternally.

God bless and may you enjoy a day of reflecting on all that God has done for you today through the blood and resurrection of His Son, Jesus.
Ted

Assuming this is a sincere question (that you're not just wanting to argue):
While you did not pose this as a question; I would like to answer.

I in no way seek to argue with anyone about anything; I merely want to understand what and why other people believe what they do. I have a Duty to perform for my Father (God); and through understanding I hope to accomplish that task and make my Father proud.

Like a Father with a brood of children.
Good answer

While you did not pose this as a question; I would like to answer.

I in no way seek to argue with anyone about anything; I merely want to understand what and why other people believe what they do. I have a Duty to perform for my Father (God); and through understanding I hope to accomplish that task and make my Father proud.

Good answer
If you agree that God doesn't NEED anything, would a better question be what does God expect of us?

Hey All,
We were created for God's pleasure.

Revelation 4:11
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Why does God find pleasure through us

Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

Our steps are ordered. God has laid out where we should walk. When we walk the path voluntarily, it delights God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

God is perfect. Therefore, He needs nothing. Perfection also precludes wants, I think. Want or need, both things express deprivation of some sort, which is not consistent with perfection. Rather, I think we are simply an expression of God's nature, a manifestation of who God is: creative, loving, holy, the source of all truth, beauty and wonder, all powerful, all knowing, a se, etc.. It was in His nature to create us and it is in His nature to redeem us from ourselves. God, then, does not "want" us in the sense in which we understand "want." He just is who He is and this means He loves us in holiness, truth and grace even when we are scummy wretches. For me, this is a deeply relieving reality because it lifts from me the terrible and impossible effort of trying to deserve the interest and affection of a Being who is so vast, so alien and so powerful. He made me and loves me because of who He is, not because I deserve to exist or to be loved. Wonderful, eh?

Oh, and Satan isn't "all powerful." Not even close. He's a created being just as we humans are, utterly dependent upon God's will for his existence, and just as accountable to his Maker as are we. It is a cartoonish distortion of the facts to think the devil is God's equal or near-equal. He's nowhere near his awesome, mind-blowing Creator in any respect. He has a short time in which to wreak havoc in this world and then God will destroy him and this world making a new one wherein righteousness dwells, and only righteousness dwells.

Last edited:

[What would God need "mere human beings" for?] He doesn’t.

[Man is born of Sin] I disagree the [of sin] bit. Conceived inclined to sin, yep.

[a lot of people seem to believe there is this "all powerful" creature named Satan who runs everything] A lot of people are wrong in the “all powerful” bosh, but right about there being a creature named Satan, who is powerrful.

[why in the world would God want any of us?] No reason at all, either on Earth or in heaven. But he loves us as valueless yet precious.

Hi Enlightenedtruth
I have a Duty to perform for my Father (God); and through understanding I hope to accomplish that task and make my Father proud.
While this may take the thread off track, would you be willing to expound on that claim. What is the duty that God has given you to perform? How do see yourself accomplishing it?

Just curious. But if it is not something you want brought into this thread, I fully understand.

God bless,
Ted

Hey All,
Is it safe to say that God has purpose in everything He creates.
If so, it should also be fair to say that God has a purpose for creating us.
We know one purpose is to have fellowship with beings, while created by Him, are independently capable of agape love just like Him. But not because He makes them do it. But through these sinful old skin and bones we make a choice to agape Him the way He agapes us.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back