Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is better?North América or Israel?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Better for what and compared to what?

Both are secular states, both have issues with neighbours, both have issues with justice, but saying that you will struggle to find any state that doesn't struggle with justice.

Look at the surrounding states, would you willingly live in a state that only recognised Islam and actively discouraged any expression of other faiths?

Better in the long run. Israel survives the final conflict.
North America is never even mentioned, meaning that we are taken out of the picture before then.

Hi again jesus lover

Tomorrow the temps are expected to be well below zero in Kansas City for the NFL playoff game. I doubt that anywhere in Israel the temp has ever gone below 0. They don't have hurricanes and they don't have tornados. I don't think they have earthquakes there, but I could be wrong on that.

So, you really need to define 'what' you think might be better between the two locations.

God bless,
Ted

I don't think they have earthquakes there, but I could be wrong on that.
Actually, the entire Jordan River valley is a subduction zone between 2 tectonic plates. That is why the Dead Sea is so far below sea level (~1500 ft) There have been many quakes along that line over the past few millennia.

I also don't believe that Israel suffers quite the depth of poverty that America has. That's not to say that they don't have poverty, but I don't think it's as bad as it can sometimes be for folks living here on the bottom rung of income. Oh, and for that certain segment of our society...they don't have Grump. LOL!!!!!

God bless,
Ted

Actually, the entire Jordan River valley is a subduction zone between 2 tectonic plates. That is why the Dead Sea is so far below sea level (~1500 ft) There have been many quakes along that line over the past few millennia.
Thanks D-D-W

As I said, I wasn't sure on that one.

God bless,
Ted

Yes, I think there's a lot going for Israel. One of the greatest would be that you would be among the original people of God. Not living in the cesspool of crime and sin and meanness and anger that seems to now pervade the fabric of American society.

But America has it's strengths also. I'm just not sure that most of them give glory to God.

God bless,
Ted

What do you think is better? :chinWhat is better?North América or Israel?

[What do you think is better? What is better? North América or Israel?]

The Q is ill-defined? Better in holiness; better in God’s plans?

Taking Israel as meaning the State of Israel (a focus of Ethnic Israel), a multicultural and democratic state, I reckon that socially like any country it’s got its fair share of good & ill. As spiritually assessed, like the authorship of Hebrews, God knows but we don’t.

Taking Israel as meaning the Church (Spiritual Israel), spiritually it’s superior to any human province, though still a mixture, from the start, of good & ill, a forming of messiah’s likeness on Earth under the father.

Taking Israel as meaning the State of Israel (a focus of Ethnic Israel), I don’t know that it’s any better in God’s plans than North (or South) America. But for the West, I think it’s better than Ukraine or Iran.

Taking Israel as meaning the Church (Spiritual Israel), spiritually it’s superior to any human province,
Scripturally there is no such a thing as "spiritual Israel." The church is NOT Israel. The gentile members of the church are grafted into Israel. See Romans 11.
Taking Israel as meaning the State of Israel (a focus of Ethnic Israel), I don’t know that it’s any better in God’s plans than North (or South) America. But for the West, I think it’s better than Ukraine or Iran.
God made a promise of the Land to the decedents of Jacob forever. He also promised Abraham Isaac and Jacob that those who bless them and their decendents (The Jews, the state of Israel) He Himself would bless. To not bless them could incur the wrath of God.

No matter where one lives there are always things one must overcome and if we are in Christ and He in us we are victorious no matter where we live of what we face. To God be the glory and honor, amen.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Scripturally there is no such a thing as "spiritual Israel." The church is NOT Israel. The gentile members of the church are grafted into Israel. See Romans 11.

God made a promise of the Land to the decedents of Jacob forever. He also promised Abraham Isaac and Jacob that those who bless them and their decendents (The Jews, the state of Israel) He Himself would bless. To not bless them could incur the wrath of God.

I have made quite a study of Rm.11, and do not agree that it aligns with your thoughts. As to land theology, I'd suggest Elmer Marten's God's Design, where Martens traced the Land motif (speaking of fruitfulness and security in which to grow communally in the knowledge of Yahweh) through Scripture. Like physical circumcision, kosher laws etc, the underlying Israel plan has been factored through messiah into his community, true Israel, the true circumcision, the true heirs of Abraham. A basic concept of berith is that it spoken of in eternal terms (as is marriage, a covenant) yet can be annulled by the suzerain (breachable but not breakable by the vassal) for gross disloyalty: τετελεσται. Cursing Ethnic Israel (and post-Babylon the Ethnic Jews) was an offense against the now defunct Sinai covenant. Shalom

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back