Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What is Jesus thinking today about His return?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

lecoop

There is much disagreement, on this forum and many other forums and in the church in general, as to the timing of the rapture of the church, in relation to the "tribulation."

Did you ever wonder what Jesus thinks about this very question? Here are some quotes from the book, "Heaven Is So Real."

Comments made by Jesus in the book, "Heaven is so real."

About heaven and how we get there:
"the only ones who will go there are the obedient and pure-hearted children."

"Many people think I will never come for them, but I tell you, I am coming sooner than they think."

"I know that a lot of my children don't think I will come back for them for a long time.

Some even think I will never come back for them, but I want you to tell them that My kingdom is ready for those who are ready and waiting for Me. I am coming very soon."

Choo ask about seeing the fire, consumming everything, and people running to the ocean for relief, only to see the water start burning. She ask when this will happen:
"After I bring my children home. Many people do not believe My Word.That is why I want you to write a book that describes your experiences with Me. I want the whole world to see this book, and I want them to realize that I am ready for them. I love all My children, but I cannot bring them to My kingdom if they are not ready for Me. I will never force My children to do anything if they don't have a heart for Me."

Again, speaking of seeing the elements burning, including the ocean: she saw in a vision, just a burned out "large empty sinkhole." She asked again,"When is all this going to take place? Jesus answered her:
"At the tribulation."

She asked, "when will the tribulation occur?" Jesus answered:
"After I bring my children to my kingdom. Whoever has read my book, and believes My prophets should know about these things concerning the end of time.All the things I showed you on this beach will happen very soon."

"Before I come for my people, half of the unbelievers will be saved."

Choo asked,
"when will you come for us" Jesus answered,
"I told you it will be soon. Didn't you see that everything is already prepared for everyone here?"

"All of my children will be living in these houses I've prepared for them. They will be living here sooner than they think." "My daughter, I showed you the river and New Jerusalem. Those houses are in Jerusalem - the Holy City.We will all live in Jerusalem when I bring my children home. I want all my children to know that Jerusalem is ready for them. You saw that there were no roads to get into Jerusalem. Therefore, we had to fly to get there. We all will fly there soon - that is why your work is so important."

"
Whoever wants to come to My kingdom must believe and prepare for My coming.It will be much sooner than they think.

"Daughter, I must show you these things so you can tell the whole world what is going to happen. I love all My children, and I want them to realize I am coming for then soon, but I cannot bring those who don't live according to My Word, because they are not ready for Me.

Many Christians will be surprised when the end times come....I am ready for My children, but so many of My children do not really believe and they are living for worldly things. I love all of them, and want to bring all of them to heaven with Me, but I cannot take those who are not ready for Me. Those that come to My kingdom must be pure-hearted and obedient."

"I must wake the sleeping people. Many of them are living in the dark, and when bad thngs happen, they blame them on Satan. I will make the hearts of these people tremble because many of them are not seeing or hearing how soon I am coming for them. The only ones that
will hear the trumpet are those who are ready and waiting for Me. The rest will have to go through the tribulation."

"Heaven is So Real, [the book] will be the last chance for people to realize how soon I am coming for My people."If the disobedient people don't wake up, they will not hear the trumpet sound, and they will have to go through the tribulation....I have given enough warning for people to know what I want them to do for so long. I cannot wait forever for those who don't want to be ready for Me. I am coming for those who are ready for Me, and this will happen sooner than they expect."

"I am warning my people one more time that I am coming for them sooner than they expect. Whoever is ready for me will hear the trumpet sound, and those who are not ready for Me will go through the tribulation, and many of them will become Satan's. I have given enough chances for people to prepare for My coming, but they don't pay attention to My Words.I will not wait for them forever. I am coming for those who are ready for Me."

"There will be a great distraction in the world continually until I come for My people. The day is sooner than they expect."

How Choo was told to write:
"I do not want you to miss anything that I show or tell you: nothing more, nothing less.

Everything has to be exactly as I reveal it to you."

Did Choo get Jesus' words exactly as He told her? You can choose to believe or not to believe.

Coop

For the rest of our readers out there, the reference web site to this book is found at

http://www.choothomas.com/

I agree with some of her "visions", other doctrine I don't think is biblical. The intentions may be good, but I tend to approach these types of things cautiously lest we have another cult on our hands.

When we don't think the bible is adequate (whether we consciously want to admit it or not), then we tend to read stuff that our itching ears want to hear.

Staying with the bible is safest. I don't agree with all Christians on every aspect of eschatology, but if we debate from a biblical perspective and how we understand it, it is still an Orthodox position IMO.

Personally I think this book is a bunch of Bologna, God would not reveal the time of his return to anybody not even his son knows the day or hour until God reveals it to him. So How would Jesus instruct this person to write a book about his return, that's what the Bible is here for to instruct us to prepare for Jesus return.

B I B L E = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

sisterchristian said:
Personally I think this book is a bunch of Bologna, God would not reveal the time of his return to anybody not even his son knows the day or hour until God reveals it to him. So How would Jesus instruct this person to write a book about his return, that's what the Bible is here for to instruct us to prepare for Jesus return.

B I B L E = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

You are confusing his coming for his church, and His coming on the white horse. It is his coming on the white horse that no one will know the day nor the hour. There is NOTHING about not knowing his coming for the church; only that it will be as a thief in the night, for those not prepared.

Also, beware of putting God in a box! He does not fit!

Coop

lecoop said:
You are confusing his coming for his church, and His coming on the white horse. It is his coming on the white horse that no one will know the day nor the hour. There is NOTHING about not knowing his coming for the church; only that it will be as a thief in the night, for those not prepared.

Also, beware of putting God in a box! He does not fit!

Coop
So do you know when Jesus will return for his church, cause I sure don't, and if so, when was this revealed to you? All us Christians will be with him when he returns on his white horse, and that will be after the 7 year tribulation period.

sisterchristian said:
So do you know when Jesus will return for his church, cause I sure don't, and if so, when was this revealed to you? All us Christians will be with him when he returns on his white horse, and that will be after the 7 year tribulation period.

Go back and read what Jesus told Choo. Time and time again, chapter after chapter, He told her, "sooner than they think," and "very soon."

Are you ready today?

Everything in heaven is ready. We are waiting, only on the Father's grace, and He is waiting for many believers to get back their first love, and serve Him, for He does not want to leave them behind.

Coop

Hey Coop! :wink:

Isn't that just like our Jesus to hold out as long as He can so as many as possible will realize His saving grace?
John 3:16 says For God so loved the WORLD...not just a few who are nice to Him.

Let me shed a little biblical light regarding the Lord's return. It's all prophesied in the feast days. The Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits foreshadowed Christ's death, burial and resurrection respectively. the Spirit then came on the Jewish feast of Pentecost.

Likewise, the autumn feast of trumpets always represented the gathering of God's elect. For the church, this is when he comes to take the Christians to meet the Lord in the Air. When Christ returns to Earth, He will gather His Earthly people (or as Jesus said, His elect from the four corners) for the judgements and to place them back into their land for the Kingdom here on earth.

Now, the Lord always worked in the Spirit, and an Israelite can be just as lost as a gentile if they reject the truth. However, that being said, I do believe that the unbelieving Israelites will be given that chance because of the promises to their fathers because of their faith (not because the people deserve it or are inherently superior to others, etc.)

So, I will say that the Lord will not return today because the feast did not occur yet. I don't know when he will come for sure, but on the year that he comes will be the feast of trumpets. This is just my additional opinion so I will not debate passionately like some do when they feel they have a special revelation as if it's truth. However, besides the woman in Revelation 12 representing Israel, this also suggests an astronomical position regarding the Lord's return. When I calculate this, it only occurs any given year at the feast of the trumpets, and in this case, late September into early October timeframe. Another passage in Revelation suggests this will be on or near a weekend, probably the Sabbath. So I especially consider "candidate years" as one where the feast occurs during that time on a Sabbath or at least within a day as opposed to the middle of the week.

Otherwise, I do not know any more than that. Just be ready.

lecoop said:
Go back and read what Jesus told Choo. Time and time again, chapter after chapter, He told her, "sooner than they think," and "very soon."

Are you ready today?

Everything in heaven is ready. We are waiting, only on the Father's grace, and He is waiting for many believers to get back their first love, and serve Him, for He does not want to leave them behind.

Coop
First of all, Who the heck is Choo?? And why would Jesus speak to her/him and have them write a book to warn us about being ready when God's word is sufficient enough for all of us?? I don't believe any of that stuff! Jesus will return when the father instructs him to and no one knows when that will be, end of story!

Tim! You've been reading my posts. ;-)
I've been saying for a couple of years now that I believe His return will be on or around the Jewish New Year, which is Rosh HaShanah

for the newbies :wink:

http://philologos.org/bpr/files/l002.htm

The Last Trump

"We cannot go to the Book of Revelation and say that the voice of the seventh angel (Revelation 11:15) is the last trump. In the first century, the last trump (shofar) meant a specific day in the year. In Judaism, there are three trumpets (shofarim) that have a name. They are the first trump, the last trump, and the great trump. Each one of these trumpets indicates a specific day in the Jewish year. The first trump is blown on the Feast of Shavuot (Pentecost) (Exodus [Shemot] 19:19). It proclaimed that G-d had betrothed Himself to Israel. The last trump is synonymous with Rosh HaShanah, according to Theodore Gaster in his book, Festivals of the Jewish Year, in his chapter on Rosh HaShanah. Herman Kieval also states the same thing in his book, The High Holy Days (Volume I, Rosh HaShanah, Chapter 5, Footnote 11), in the chapter on the shofar. The great trumpet is blown on Yom Kippur, which will herald the return of the Messiah Yeshua back to earth (Matthew [Mattityahu] 24:31)."

(Hebraic Heritage Ministries, http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2175/)

(Lev 23:24 KJV) Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

(Num 29:1 KJV) And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you.

According to Num 10:10, Israel was to blow a trumpet at the beginning of each month. Since the Mosaic festival year was seven months long, the seventh month (Tishri) was the last month for a festival trumpet. This day, the first day of Tishri, which was the start of the Jewish civil year, was known as Rosh haShanah (the Feast of Trumpets or the Day of Trumpets). "The last month in the seven months' series was always sounded on this New Moon Day. This made it the final trumpets' day." (Ernest L. Martin, The Star that Astonished the World, (c)1996, pg 95)

Martin further signifies this day by relying on the work of Theodor Gaster and his book titled "Festivals of the Jewish Year." It is stated that early Jews recognized the Day of Trumpets as a type of memorial day. More than our modern versions of the holiday, it was instead a day that was symbolic of the time "when the dead return to rejoin their descendants at the beginning of the year." Martin also quotes Gaster in saying that this was "the time that became a symbol of the Last Trump." (Martin, pg 96)

(1 Cor 15:52 KJV) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

(1 Th 4:16 KJV) For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

It is quite possible that Paul, being Jewish himself and surely knowledgeable of the Jewish feasts and customs, was making a symbolic reference to this time of year -- the Day of Trumpets. "The 'Last Trump' of the early Jews was when the dead were remembered. And to Paul the 'Last Trump' was the time for Jesus' second advent and the resurrection of the dead." (Martin, pg 96).

SO we have the Last Trump, which signals the gathering of the dead and the ones alive in the Lord; then we have the Great Trump, which signals the actual return of Messiah to the Earth.

"Houston, the Eagle has landed!" :angel:

I should add that in the first century, Rosh HaShanah was a two day event, giving those who had to travel time to get to the feast gathering. The new moon was sighted, the Trumpet blown, word would then spread that the New Year feast was about to commence.

Because it was a two day occurrence, Matthew 24:36 is still applicable.

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

vic C. said:
Tim! You've been reading my posts. ;-)
I've been saying for a couple of years now that I believe His return will be on or around the Jewish New Year, which is Rosh HaShanah

for the newbies :wink:

http://philologos.org/bpr/files/l002.htm

SO we have the Last Trump, which signals the gathering of the dead and the ones alive in the Lord; then we have the Great Trump, which signals the actual return of Messiah to the Earth.

"Houston, the Eagle has landed!" :angel:

This year my wife and I celebrate our 21st anniversary on September 13th, the day that this feast falls. Actually, we married around that time to correspond to the feast, but it did not actually occur that year on the day we were married, but I knew that one year it would!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back