Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What other book is the inspired word of God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
And the poor are no longer illiterate.

Not to get off on a separate subject but about 20% of the world's population is still illiterate. That is over 1 billion people who can't read. I'm not trying to prove anything just stating an interesting statistic that we should all work towards lowering.

aj830 said:
Quick hypothetical situation for everyone:I have 100 books. 50 are fallible merely written by men and 50 are infallible inspired by God. The only problem is I don't know which is which. Do I need a infallible being or institution to sort these books or can I simply decide on my own and pick 50? I must have 50 to get the whole truth, no more no less. What do you suggest would be the best option in this situation. Is it worth it to have a fallible collection of possibly infallible books?

:o The only way a book can be infallible is if it's writen by God because all men are fallible. So getting back to my question in the op: What other books are the infallible word of God other than the bible?

If you don't know which book is infallible, then how can you know who God is? And if you don't, then you cannot follow a God you do not know. :roll:

The only way a book can be infallible is if it's writen by God because all men are fallible.

Yes men are fallible but God can use them to write infallible things or can use them to make infallible statements.

Now maybe my question confused you a little. How can we know if a book is infallible that it is truly inspired by God? You have already stated humans are fallible so you can not possibly determine what is infallible and what is not.

So getting back to my question in the op: What other books are the infallible word of God other than the bible?

If you don't know which book is infallible, then how can you know who God is? And if you don't, then you cannot follow a God you do not know.

We have already told you that no books are the inspired Word of God besides the Holy Bible. As for your second question, Protestants cannot logically give me reasoning of why the Bible is infallible. I believe that the Holy Bible is infallible because Jesus Christ said he would give the Church the power to bind and loose, and because Jesus Christ was God what he said must be true. Therefore when the Church "binds" the canon of the Holy Bible I believe it. Now how do you know which book is infallible? How do you know you have the right Bible? How do you know that the Q'ran and the Book of Mormon aren't the word of God? I know they aren't but I would like to know why you believe they aren't.

aj830 said:
We have already told you that no books are the inspired Word of God besides the Holy Bible. As for your second question, Protestants cannot logically give me reasoning of why the Bible is infallible. I believe that the Holy Bible is infallible because Jesus Christ said he would give the Church the power to bind and loose, and because Jesus Christ was God what he said must be true. Therefore when the Church "binds" the canon of the Holy Bible I believe it. Now how do you know which book is infallible? How do you know you have the right Bible? How do you know that the Q'ran and the Book of Mormon aren't the word of God? I know they aren't but I would like to know why you believe they aren't.

You just contradicted yourself. You said that Protestants can't convince you that the bible is infallible, yet you say that the bible is infallible. So which is it? Do you not believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life? If you did, you would know why the bible is infallible and it has nothing to do with the Catholics church. :lol:

And do you know who the church is? :o The church isn't David Koresch, or Jim Jones or anyone who claims to be infallible. The church is the body of born again believcers all over the world. The bible didn't say that only the catholics are Christians anywhere.

But David Koresch claimed his folowers were the one true church also. So you need to read and believe 2 Corinthains 10:18, "For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends." But since the catholics commend themselves themselves every single day, then as Paul tells us, they are not approved by God.

You just contradicted yourself. You said that Protestants can't convince you that the bible is infallible, yet you say that the bible is infallible. So which is it? Do you not believe that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life? If you did, you would know why the bible is infallible and it has nothing to do with the Catholics church.

I did not contradict myself. I said Protestants can do not have logical reasoning behind why the Bible is infallible, that doesn't mean that it isn't. My reasoning is that Christ established a Church which he said the gates of hell would not prevail against and that Church says that the Bible is infallible. Here is a step by step process.

1.Christ is God
2.Christ establishes the Catholic Church and says the gates of hell will not prevail
3.The Church proclaims the Bible infallible.

Protestants believe in Sola Scriptura which on its own cannot prove the Bible infallible. I have no doubts that Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Christ however did not put together the books of the Bible while on Earth.

It has everything to do with the Catholic Church! Do you not realize that the Catholic Church GATHERED and PROCLAIMED the books of the Bible infallible without the Catholic Church you would not have a Bible. I do not understand why you keep saying this. You really need to study some Church History.

And do you know who the church is? The church isn't David Koresch, or Jim Jones or anyone who claims to be infallible. The church is the body of born again believcers all over the world. The bible didn't say that only the catholics are Christians anywhere.

I know what the Church is. There was only one Church that Christ established and the Church is "THE PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF TRUTH". That Church is the Catholic Church. The only other Church that could possibly try and claim to be that Church is the Orthodox Church. The only thing about David Koresch and Jim Jones is they were self proclaimed. The Catholic Church has the Words OF CHRIST that the gates of hell would not overcome us. So far I don't take Christ to be a liar.

But David Koresch claimed his folowers were the one true church also. So you need to read and believe 2 Corinthains 10:18, "For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the Lord commends." But since the catholics commend themselves themselves every single day, then as Paul tells us, they are not approved by God.

As stated before the Lord commends the Catholic Church because it is HIS Church. Christ established it. I don't know what you are talking about "Catholics commend themselves everyday".

aj830 said:
As stated before the Lord commends the Catholic Church because it is HIS Church. Christ established it. I don't know what you are talking about "Catholics commend themselves everyday".

We use scripture to show why the bible is infallible, namely, John 1:1-2, John 1:14, and 2 Corinthians 11:4. But since the Catholics don't believe scripture, then I can see why you don't think the Protestants are right. So if you believed the above verses, you wouldn't contradict yourself by claiming that scripture is infallible. :roll:

Every single catholic on this forum defends the pope over scripture! That's how the catholics commend themselves. :roll: There is no way one can twist Matthew 1:25 into anything else unless he deliberately subtracts certain words and replaces them with his own. So no, the catholics don't have a leg to stand on when they change the words in the bible and call it "interpretation". That's no different than me changing your words into the opposite of what you said and passing them along as what you said. doesn't fool anyone but the catholics. :roll:

Heidi said:
We use scripture to show why the bible is infallible, namely, John 1:1-2, John 1:14, and 2 Corinthians 11:4. But since the Catholics don't believe scripture, then I can see why you don't think the Protestants are right. So if you believed the above verses, you wouldn't contradict yourself by claiming that scripture is infallible. :roll:

Every single catholic on this forum defends the pope over scripture! That's how the catholics commend themselves. :roll: There is no way one can twist Matthew 1:25 into anything else unless he deliberately subtracts certain words and replaces them with his own. So no, the catholics don't have a leg to stand on when they change the words in the bible and call it "interpretation". That's no different than me changing your words into the opposite of what you said and passing them along as what you said. doesn't fool anyone but the catholics. :roll:
of course the bible is infallible thats what we've been saying. we're saying that your private interpretation of the bible is wrong. we are asking how do YOU know the bible is the word of God, how do YOU know what belongs in the bible from the bible?(we know its the word of God )but the bible did not just plop out of the sky. the Holy Spirit working through the Catholic church said these books are good and these books are not. not automatically cause they prayed to the Holy Spirit, this happened through councils. this is how we know the bible is the word of God because the church says these books that make the bible are ok. its as simple as that. you too use outside information to interpret the bible.

MarkT said:
Francis

I suspect unwittingly because they wouldn't let the poor hear the words for a long time; only the rich and educated could read.

Naturally, that was the fault of the Catholic Church that most people couldn't read... Is that your point here?

MarkT said:
But nevertheless, the Catholic church did preserve the words of God and the knowledge of his Son. Certainly it was God's will. And the poor are no longer illiterate.

You need to get out more. There are many people who STILL cannot read, even in first world countries.

MarkT said:
By this 'day', I am referring to the 'period of light' which followed the invention of the printing press.

LOL! Because of the printing press, now man can be saved??? Wow.
The day of the Lord has nothing to do with man and his machines.

Regards

Heidi said:
:o The only way a book can be infallible is if it's writen by God

So the Koran is infallible?

And how do you know the Jewish Scriptures are infallible?

What about the Hindu Scriptures?

Tell me, how do you KNOW you are reading God's infallible Word? Try not to use a circular argument when (if) you can answer that.

Regards

Back