Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What 'Unorthodox' doctrine has come into the church?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

reddogs

I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)
  • Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God
  • Scriptures for the priesthood only, scripture makes clear its for all
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • A infallible vicar of Christ
  • Rote prayer
  • The Rosary or beaded prayer chains
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Worship of Mary or any of the 'saints' for that matter
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • The mission, practices, and methods of the Jesuits
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)

I came across a few sites that showed the many doctrines and traditions not sanctioned by the scriptures but here is a few:
  • The festival of Easter (It is the Passover/Pasch, not the pagan festival)
  • Purgatory, the idea we can change ourselves in hellfire is not of God
  • Scriptures for the priesthood only, scripture makes clear its for all
  • The rituals and practices of a priesthood to intercede and rule over the laity
  • A infallible vicar of Christ
  • Rote prayer
  • The Rosary or beaded prayer chains
  • Scapulars
  • Indulgences
  • Worship of Mary or any of the 'saints' for that matter
  • Holy Rituals
  • Sacraments
  • Holy water
  • The mission, practices, and methods of the Jesuits
  • Eucharistic Christ (The bread and wine becoming the body and blood of Christ whenever conjured up by a priest)
Is there a question you would like answered or are you making an assertion?

Hi WIP

I think he's just being the first to answer his own question. Honestly, my list was pretty much in agreement with his so I don't have much to add. Although I was reading today that one of the divisions of the church on the earth is now encouraging their clergy not to use the terms 'husband' and 'wife'. So, I'll add that one.

This, of course, is that denomination's answer to accepting the legitimacy of the LGBTQ (and fifteen other letters of the alphabet) as acceptable to God.

God bless,
Ted

Hi WIP

I think he's just being the first to answer his own question. Honestly, my list was pretty much in agreement with his so I don't have much to add. Although I was reading today that one of the divisions of the church on the earth is now encouraging their clergy not to use the terms 'husband' and 'wife'. So, I'll add that one.

This, of course, is that denomination's answer to accepting the legitimacy of the LGBTQ (and fifteen other letters of the alphabet) as acceptable to God.

God bless,
Ted
reddogs
My question is for the sake of determining if this is the right forum for this discussion. Perhaps it would be better served in another forum. Based on the references to the Catholic doctrines, maybe the Catholic forum would be a better place for it?

reddogs
My question is for the sake of determining if this is the right forum for this discussion. Perhaps it would be better served in another forum. Based on the references to the Catholic doctrines, maybe the Catholic forum would be a better place for it?
Well, I thought everyone would join in and we could go over all the unscriptural doctrines or traditions that come in such OSAS, Predestination, we have an immortal soul, etc.. Sorry if listed the Catholics first.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back