Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

What You Need To Know About Sickness And Healing Pt. 1

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think in times past there has been some misunderstandings about healing, because people think that healing is only about what happens in the body, but it's about what happens in the spiritual first. It's important to understand healing according to God and not just our opinion of what healing is. Because, if God means one thing and we think something else then there will most likely be misunderstandings about healing. And in looking up the meaning of healing several had the same general idea--the removal or the taking away of sickness/disease/suffering. Now, understand this there can be an act of healing and yet not a manifestation of that healing. For example God told Abraham, I have made you a father of many nations and yet Romans 4:19 says, Abraham's body was dead and his wife's womb was dead yet God said he had made him a father of many nations. Naturally speaking a man with a dead body can't be a father of many nations so that would have to include that God had done something about his body, but notice what was done was not manifested, he had no way of verifying it by his senses. So, you can't wait until your senses can detect something to believe that God has done something. In Isaiah 53:4,5 it says, 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Now, here's the thing you can't base that by a condition in your flesh. Just like Abraham couldn't base what God said and did by his flesh which was contrary to what God said He did. Healing is a spiritual issue, healing is based on the spiritual, it is an act that takes place in the spiritual, and it manifests physically that's why you can't wait until your senses or your flesh can detect it to believe. Your body can tell you when you have received in the physical, not if God has done something in the spiritual. Sickness came from sin, well sin is an act of the spirit which makes it spiritual. So, sickness is spiritual at the roots, and it manifests physically. It's all about the spiritual. Jesus had to come here as a man because it was the act of a man that the creation fell by. So, Jesus had to come here in the state, spiritual state, not bodily state of a man not affected by sin which is all spiritual. So, healing has to take place in the spiritual first and it manifests physical. And the act of healing has already occurred in the spiritual. That's what Isaiah 53:4,5 is talking about. Notice, it says he bore our sicknesses and diseases and carried our afflictions that's the healing the removal of sickness and disease. God took them from mankind just like he did our sins and laid them on Jesus. That's why it says in 1 Peter 2:24 he bore our sins in his own body and by his stripes ye were healed(past tense not will be). The healing has taken place in the spiritual and that which was done in the spiritual can manifest physically.

To try to make things clear sickness originated in the spiritual so to deal with it it has to be dealt with on a spiritual level. If there was no sin there would be no sickness. Sickness in the body is a manifestation of sin spiritual, not your sin Adams sin. It's Adam's act of sin that brought sickness it goes all the way back to Adam. It's because of what Adam did that everyone after him has to face death one day. Notice, unless Jesus comes back first all of us will die physically, because of what Adam did spiritually. So, physical death is a manifestation of a spiritual act, sin. So, what is done spiritually causes things to manifest physically. Number 16:41-50 41 But on the morrow all the congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron, saying, Ye have killed the people of the Lord. 42 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord appeared. 43 And Moses and Aaron came before the tabernacle of the congregation. 44 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 45 Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.
46 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the Lord; the plague is begun. 47 And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people. 48 And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed. 49 Now they that died in the plague were fourteen thousand and seven hundred, beside them that died about the matter of Korah. 50 And Aaron returned unto Moses unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and the plague was stayed.

Notice something manifested physically because of something that was done spiritually. Notice, in both instance the plague and the stopping of it something was done in the spiritual for something to manifest in the physical. In Matthew 15:18,19 Jesus said, But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. What is the point Jesus is making, man is spirit and he resides in a body. Your body is in this physical realm, but you(spirit) resides in the spiritual so whatever you see a man doing physically it comes from the spirit man in the spirit realm. So, every physical action is tied to a spiritual action done in the spiritual. The body only does in response to the spirit man, so something has to be done spiritually for you to see it physically. Watch these two scriptures 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. The spirit man expresses himself through his body. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Notice, things done in the body not by the body so every physical action is a corresponding action of the spirit man. So, the plague and the stopping of the plague was done in the spiritual first. When they came against Moses that was a spiritual act that started that physical plague. And what Aaron did to make atonement was a spiritual act that caused that plague to stop in the physical.

That shows you that both sickness and healing starts in the spiritual and manifest physically. It's all about what's done in the spiritual not in the physical. So, sickness and healing is not just physical, but spiritual at the roots. And what's done at the roots will determine the fruit. Now, what happened in Numbers 16 and how does that relate to what Jesus did, let me give you an example The Holy Spirit showed my. In Numbers 16 atonement was made and atonement is the covering of sin. It's just like if I held a flame under my hand what would come from that flame, heat. So, as long as the flame is there the heat will be there, but if I take something and cover that flame my hand will stop getting the effect of that flame even though it is still there. That's what atonement does when the sin was covered they stopped getting the effect of it. What Jesus did is greater than that, Jesus didn't teach atonement of sin he taught remission of sin which mean to take away. Like in John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. And 1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. So, what that means is back in the example of the flame under my hand in atonement the flame is covered, but in remission the flame is taken away. In atonement if what is covered ever becomes uncovered you will get the effect of it again, but in remission what was there is gone forever. Now, to make it clearer let's say in the example the flame is sin and the heat is sickness and disease when the sin is taken away the sickness and disease had to go with it. If you take the flame away will the heat stay, no. Wherever the flame is that's where the heat will be.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

One common , very common, problem is that
what people are given to eat and to drink as babies, as little children, as adolescents, as teens, as young adults, and so on through their life,
causes illness.
If they learn this, and do what is right, they get better.

This may well be spiritual first, since the world is so bad a place more concerned with profits and truth and health,
but how can those who are sick
start to learn this when what is generally taught them all their lives, in the news, in the schools,
is so wrong and so unhealthy ?

I think in times past there has been some misunderstandings about healing, because people think that healing is only about what happens in the body, but it's about what happens in the spiritual first. It's important to understand healing according to God and not just our opinion of what healing is. Because, if God means one thing and we think something else then there will most likely be misunderstandings about healing. And in looking up the meaning of healing several had the same general idea--the removal or the taking away of sickness/disease/suffering. Now, understand this there can be an act of healing and yet not a manifestation of that healing. For example God told Abraham, I have made you a father of many nations and yet Romans 4:19 says, Abraham's body was dead and his wife's womb was dead yet God said he had made him a father of many nations. Naturally speaking a man with a dead body can't be a father of many nations so that would have to include that God had done something about his body, but notice what was done was not manifested, he had no way of verifying it by his senses. So, you can't wait until your senses can detect something to believe that God has done something. In Isaiah 53:4,5 it says, 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Now, here's the thing you can't base that by a condition in your flesh. Just like Abraham couldn't base what God said and did by his flesh which was contrary to what God said He did. Healing is a spiritual issue, healing is based on the spiritual, it is an act that takes place in the spiritual, and it manifests physically that's why you can't wait until your senses or your flesh can detect it to believe. Your body can tell you when you have received in the physical, not if God has done something in the spiritual. Sickness came from sin, well sin is an act of the spirit which makes it spiritual. So, sickness is spiritual at the roots, and it manifests physically. It's all about the spiritual. Jesus had to come here as a man because it was the act of a man that the creation fell by. So, Jesus had to come here in the state, spiritual state, not bodily state of a man not affected by sin which is all spiritual. So, healing has to take place in the spiritual first and it manifests physical. And the act of healing has already occurred in the spiritual. That's what Isaiah 53:4,5 is talking about. Notice, it says he bore our sicknesses and diseases and carried our afflictions that's the healing the removal of sickness and disease. God took them from mankind just like he did our sins and laid them on Jesus. That's why it says in 1 Peter 2:24 he bore our sins in his own body and by his stripes ye were healed(past tense not will be). The healing has taken place in the spiritual and that which was done in the spiritual can manifest physically.

To try to make things clear sickness originated in the spiritual so to deal with it it has to be dealt with on a spiritual level. If there was no sin there would be no sickness. Sickness in the body is a manifestation of sin spiritual, not your sin Adams sin. It's Adam's act of sin that brought sickness it goes all the way back to Adam. It's because of what Adam did that everyone after him has to face death one day. Notice, unless Jesus comes back first all of us will die physically, because of what Adam did spiritually. So, physical death is a manifestation of a spiritual act, sin. So, what is done spiritually causes things to manifest physically. Number 16:41-50 41 But on the morrow all the congregation of the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron, saying, Ye have killed the people of the Lord. 42 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moses and against Aaron, that they looked toward the tabernacle of the congregation: and, behold, the cloud covered it, and the glory of the Lord appeared. 43 And Moses and Aaron came before the tabernacle of the congregation. 44 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 45 Get you up from among this congregation, that I may consume them as in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.
46 And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a censer, and put fire therein from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly unto the congregation, and make an atonement for them: for there is wrath gone out from the Lord; the plague is begun. 47 And Aaron took as Moses commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, behold, the plague was begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made an atonement for the people. 48 And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stayed. 49 Now they that died in the plague were fourteen thousand and seven hundred, beside them that died about the matter of Korah. 50 And Aaron returned unto Moses unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation: and the plague was stayed.

Notice something manifested physically because of something that was done spiritually. Notice, in both instance the plague and the stopping of it something was done in the spiritual for something to manifest in the physical. In Matthew 15:18,19 Jesus said, But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. What is the point Jesus is making, man is spirit and he resides in a body. Your body is in this physical realm, but you(spirit) resides in the spiritual so whatever you see a man doing physically it comes from the spirit man in the spirit realm. So, every physical action is tied to a spiritual action done in the spiritual. The body only does in response to the spirit man, so something has to be done spiritually for you to see it physically. Watch these two scriptures 1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. The spirit man expresses himself through his body. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Notice, things done in the body not by the body so every physical action is a corresponding action of the spirit man. So, the plague and the stopping of the plague was done in the spiritual first. When they came against Moses that was a spiritual act that started that physical plague. And what Aaron did to make atonement was a spiritual act that caused that plague to stop in the physical.

That shows you that both sickness and healing starts in the spiritual and manifest physically. It's all about what's done in the spiritual not in the physical. So, sickness and healing is not just physical, but spiritual at the roots. And what's done at the roots will determine the fruit. Now, what happened in Numbers 16 and how does that relate to what Jesus did, let me give you an example The Holy Spirit showed my. In Numbers 16 atonement was made and atonement is the covering of sin. It's just like if I held a flame under my hand what would come from that flame, heat. So, as long as the flame is there the heat will be there, but if I take something and cover that flame my hand will stop getting the effect of that flame even though it is still there. That's what atonement does when the sin was covered they stopped getting the effect of it. What Jesus did is greater than that, Jesus didn't teach atonement of sin he taught remission of sin which mean to take away. Like in John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. And 1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. So, what that means is back in the example of the flame under my hand in atonement the flame is covered, but in remission the flame is taken away. In atonement if what is covered ever becomes uncovered you will get the effect of it again, but in remission what was there is gone forever. Now, to make it clearer let's say in the example the flame is sin and the heat is sickness and disease when the sin is taken away the sickness and disease had to go with it. If you take the flame away will the heat stay, no. Wherever the flame is that's where the heat will be.

It is not God's will that any should perish. And I wouldn't want to end this article without giving someone the opportunity to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. It's very easy just pray: Dear God- I know I have sinned and I now turn from them and I invite Jesus to come into my heart (Revelation 3:20). He died for my sins and you have raised him from the dead and I now confess that Jesus is my Lord and Savior (Romans 10:9,10). I thank you for saving me, Amen

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). 1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Hello Frank Broom, Great post, Thank you for sharing.

Love, Walter And Debbie

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back