Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why didn't Jesus and Paul...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

Why didn't Jesus and Paul tell us that Mary was sinless? Do the Catholics think they aren't as smart as all the popes? :o Or maybe the Catholics think that Jesus wasn't telling truth about John the Baptist in Matthew 11:11. Or maybe he just forgot. Afterall the bible makes a big deal about Christ's sinlessness, why do you suppose it doesn't do the same with Mary? Afterall, no one else in the bible was considered sinless except Jesus. So why do you suppose God neglected to tell us about Mary's sinlessness? A mistake on God's part, perhaps?

Or maybe the Catholics think that God was wrong in Acts when he referred to James as the Lord's brother. Maybe they think he really meant "cousin" or half-brother by a previous divorce or marriage by Joseph. :lol:

But one thing the Catholics believe; the pope never gets things wrong. He's the only infallible one we can count on. And the Catholics claim they don't worship the pope? :lol: Another contradiction on their part of the myriad of contradictions their doctrine makes. :roll: All the catholics have shown is just how fallible their doctrine is. ;-)

How many times is this going to get posted either as a new thread or within the body of other threads?

Although I am not a Catholic and don't really want to convert to Catholicism, I find all these "the catholics believe this" and "the catholics believe that" annoying. That is one of the reasons I stopped posting here so much.

ChristineES said:
Although I am not a Catholic and don't really want to convert to Catholicism, I find all these "the catholics believe this" and "the catholics believe that" annoying. That is one of the reasons I stopped posting here so much.

Christine,

I am Catholic and find it offensive that someone is going to tell everyone else what Catholics believe that just aren't true. However, I have found that discussing these issues with certain people is like speaking to a wall. I have found peace of mind by pushing the "Ignore" for certain persons. If anyone has a legitimate question (and they are certainly free to disagree), I am available to give the true answer of what we believe, and then at least you will know what and why we believe it.

Don't buy the scarecrow built up by a non-Catholic.

Regards

francisdesales said:
Christine,

I am Catholic and find it offensive that someone is going to tell everyone else what Catholics believe that just aren't true. However, I have found that discussing these issues with certain people is like speaking to a wall. I have found peace of mind by pushing the "Ignore" for certain persons. If anyone has a legitimate question (and they are certainly free to disagree), I am available to give the true answer of what we believe, and then at least you will know what and why we believe it.

Don't buy the scarecrow built up by a non-Catholic.

Regards

So then why don't you tell us what the catholics believe for once. :) Do the catholics believe that Mary was sinless or not? Do they believe that she was a virgin all of her life or not? Which of the pope's words do you disagree with?Clear non-contradictory answers in place of pesonal attacks would be nice. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back