Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why every Christian has to stand before the Judgement

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen when Jesus comes.
People as a given tend to look to self as their first priority and see what they want to see. When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting. Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him. They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.

When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with our pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at scripture:

Daniel 7.9-10
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given in favor of the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And when will this happen...
Matthew 12.36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

And Who will do it...
John 5.22
For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

And where will it be..
Romans 14.10-12
...we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to what he has done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment throne of God, some will receive the judgment of condemnation, others will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb.

1 Peter 4.17-18
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2 Thessalonians. 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

There are judgment texts all through the New Testament as well as the Old Testament. The books of prophecy, Daniel and Revelation especially tell us the judgment will take place, its all there if one looks..

Daniel 7:9-10
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Here in Daniel we see the most graphic judgement scene as it declares that thrones are set up, everyone takes their seats, God Himself takes His seat, then the 'and the books were opened.' as the judgement was set. Christ is our Advocate, our lawyer and He is also the One who gives the final sentence on each person.

Revelation also presents books of record which contain the evidence for judgment..
Revelation 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Malachi tells us about heavenly books containing our records..
Malachi 3:16-17
Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.
And they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him.

Either our Sins will be blotted out or our Names will be blotted out of the Lambs Book of Life....
Exodus 32:33
And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

We see what Peter clearly urged..
Acts 3:19
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Jesus, shows how important it is for our names to be brought up in the judgment. Notice the parallels in His words, with Daniel 7, as names are brought up before the God and before the angels...
Matthew 10:32-33
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
Luke 12:8-9
Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

Revelation gives us this promise which comes from Christ Himself...
Revelation 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Greetings reddogs,
Some say it's only the wicked that are judged, but the Bible clearly indicts that all will appear before the judgment throne of God, some will receive the judgment of condemnation, others will be judged worthy by the blood of the Lamb.
Both the faithful and the unfaithful will appear before the Judgement Seat of Christ when he returns to establish His Kingdom on the Earth for the 1000 years:
2 Timothy 4:1,6–8 (KJV): 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Kind regards
Trevor

Like the Jews when they were waiting for the Messiah, Christians have their own ideas of what will happen when Jesus comes.
People as a given tend to look to self as their first priority and see what they want to see. When Christ first came, many of the Jews wanted a Messiah to save them from the Romans and other local problems, not tell them about sin and repenting. Israel really wanted only the glory and prestige of a Messiah as King, they didn't want Him asking them to surrender their hearts and wills to Him. They didn't want to give up their greedy ambitions, or power, wealth and pleasures, they didn't want to part with sin they cherished and iniquity. They wanted a free ride and instant gratification that didnt make them give up any sin, indulgence of self pleasure or lust, so to submit themselves to the divine was not what they wanted.

When the Messiah came, they wanted no atoner for sins, they wanted a conquering king and as many Christians today, in no way surrender their lives to Christ and part with our pet sins. That is a hard message especially in these last days for Christians, and then to be judged, that really is devastating, they want a free ride to heaven, no judgement. So we will be judged? Lets take a look at scripture:

Daniel 7.9-10
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given in favor of the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

And when will this happen...
Matthew 12.36-37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

And Who will do it...
John 5.22
For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:

And where will it be..
Romans 14.10-12
...we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
2 Corinthians 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to what he has done, whether it be good or bad.

Romans 2:16
In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

1 Peter 4.17-18
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

2 Thessalonians. 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

There are judgment texts all through the New Testament as well as the Old Testament. The books of prophecy, Daniel and Revelation especially tell us the judgment will take place, its all there if one looks..
Thanks be to God for the gift of repentance, so we don't need to sin any longer.

TrevorL: "Christ when he returns to establish His Kingdom on the Earth"

Faith is the evidence of things not seen, ( Hebrews 11:1.) no kingdom of God comes with observation, ( Luke 17:20.) the kingdom is within us already, ( Luke 17:21.) or not, because we do not believe. ( no seeing of a kingdom established on earth/it is established already.)

Reading below we hear that, and we also hear that the kingdom to be established in the acceptable time, in the day of salvation is NOW.......

Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Isaiah 16:5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Isaiah 49:8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

Isaiah 62:7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

Micah 4:1 But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Thanks be to God for the gift of repentance, so we don't need to sin any longer.
Sinning not is not so we don't do what others do blatantly, it is to abase ourselves, as the ones exalted are worse than the blatant sinner.

We do not have to be corrected by the meekness of Christ, we can reject it and talk on forums until the exalted ( lifted up high) are cast down.

Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Our words are to be slow, and few, or we are known as fools.

Plus the more we talk on forums ( years and years non stop and every day) we give account for, as we showed little interest in being doers of the work..

Ecclesiastes 5:3 For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Why wont the talkers be corrected though, even though it is the best advise to leave the deceptive path of the forums and to go and do the good they only talk about...

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Romans 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

satan as an angel of light, great talker, inhabits forums, stop hearing them...

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Greetings gordon77777,
Reading below we hear that, and we also hear that the kingdom to be established in the acceptable time, in the day of salvation is NOW.......
I appreciate your contribution and perspective, but I look forward to the return of Jesus to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years Isaiah 2:1-4.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings gordon77777,

I appreciate your contribution and perspective, but I look forward to the return of Jesus to establish the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years Isaiah 2:1-4.

Kind regards
Trevor
thousand years

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

the kingdom is established like this as told,,

John 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Isaiah 2:1-4.
Trevor and Reddogs, and hopeful2.

Look at the words you wanted to base your souls on. ( where is the simple understanding and confession of Christ to have come in the flesh ?)

the last days the mountain of the Lords house was established. ( Christ over His own house, whose house we are. Hebrews 3:6.)

The mountain is exalted above the hills. ( Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name. ) many people go to that mountain, to the house of God. ( Christ over HIs own house Hebrews 3:6) to be taught of His ways, to walk in His paths, the law gone forth out of Jerusalem from the Lord. (Hebrews 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.)

He judges among the nations, (John 14:26. John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:)

The people are rebuked and they shall not learn war any more.

This is Israel walking in the light of the Lord, the true light NOW SHINING.( John 1:9. John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 1 John 2:8.)

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the Lord.

The same message in Isaiah 40, that the warfare of Jerusalem ( from above) is ACCOMPLISHED. ( they shall not learn war any more. Isaiah 2:4.)

Then the preparing of the way of the |Lord ( establishing HIs house, whole house we are) of every valley exalted, and every hill to be MADE LOW. The glory of the Lord REVEALED TO ALL FLESH. ( Jesus Christ is exalted, every knee bows to Him. Philippians 2:9-10.)

This is so we can escape form the wrath to come, not so we are swallowed up of it by not believing in the kingdom Christ established on earth. ( the Spirit in man, not with observation, cant tell where it comes from, or where it goes to/born of the Spirit)

Isaiah 40:2 Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins.
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
5 And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

Luke 3:4 As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth;
6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

anyone agree, or anyone agree to stop the senseless hearing of forums, and to show we believe in the love Christ did, so we will all go and love now, because of being assured of His love, kindness which gets us to a lively hope again, and to lave behind what forums were made to be, a place to talk, but not to be a doer of the word.

Greetings again gordon77777,
The same message in Isaiah 40, that the warfare of Jerusalem ( from above) is ACCOMPLISHED. ( they shall not learn war any more. Isaiah 2:4.)
Perhaps you should speak to some of the residents of Ukraine or Gaza who have been displaced or have lost relatives in the present hostilities and see whether they agree that the following has already been fulfilled.
Isaiah 2:4 (KJV): 4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Evidently there is a plaque outside the United Nation Building with the above words written, and this summarises to some extent the whole aim of the United Nations and why this body was formed after World War 2. Maybe you should go to the U.N. and give a speech to suggest the closure of the U.N. as the message has already been fulfilled.

There is a bronze stature situated in the yard of the U.N. showing a swarthy blacksmith beating a sword into a plow blade and this was donated by the former USSR. I am not sure that Putin would have sent such a statue. Maybe the hidden original message was that this would be accomplished when Communism ruled the world. Or today, when Putin accomplishes the conquest of all the former Russian Empire countries.

Kind regards
Trevor

Sinning not is not so we don't do what others do blatantly, it is to abase ourselves, as the ones exalted are worse than the blatant sinner.
If by "abase" you mean humble ourselves before God, I agree.
Sinners hold themselves above God.
We do not have to be corrected by the meekness of Christ, we can reject it and talk on forums until the exalted ( lifted up high) are cast down.
Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Our words are to be slow, and few, or we are known as fools.
Plus the more we talk on forums ( years and years non stop and every day) we give account for, as we showed little interest in being doers of the work..
Why wont the talkers be corrected though, even though it is the best advise to leave the deceptive path of the forums and to go and do the good they only talk about...
Perhaps they are disabled and have no other way to spread a truth. ?

Back