Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why not Everyone will be Saved

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

reddogs

There is a false doctrine that teaches all people will be saved, that a good and loving God would not allow any to perish. They come up with many ideas of how this can happen, that after a cleansing period such as another false doctrine, Purgatory, God will free sinners and let them get to heaven, or that there will be multiple raptures so that people will have another opportunity to choose God or another path to Him. So but the Bible doesnt teach this, it tells us clearly there is only one path...

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And He will separate the sheep (saints) from the goats (wicked) at His coming...
Matthew 25:32-34
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

And only the saints will be taken to heaven to be in the Kingdom where Christ has prepared a place for them...
John 14:1-3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So we see that the Kingdom is only for the saints, the chosen, the elect, but the Bible also calls them a remnant...
Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

And we find the following also...
Romans 9:27
Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

So not all shall be saved, but lets look further into this..

We see the context...
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

So we see that many who try to be saved by the Law but have no Faith in Christ will stumble as they do the works but dont believe, and thus have no fruits of the Spirit or walk with the Lord. So Gods Word is clear that the Law saves no one, but its there for a reason
Romans 3:20
Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

God is fair and is a God of justice and would never let any perish without knowing why, and then gives us a choice...
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

So we have a choice death at the Lake of Fire, or Eternal Life through Christ our Lord, and the choice is final..
Revelation 22:11
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

So we go back to the text of Isaiah being given...
Isaiah 1:8-25
8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
10 Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
24 Therefore saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

And we see even more, as it says "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me?", they were what pointed to Christ and would not save, it was always about faith, and in the coming Christ. The works are the result of that faith, and what tells you what is sin, the knowledge of the Law. Thus we find the following...

Proverbs 24:12
If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So we begin to understand what James was telling us..
James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Not everyone will be saved because many, if not the vast majority, worship a false christ who has no saving power at all. The only sin that can't be forgiven is the sin of denying the power of God's grace and forgiveness.

Not everyone will be saved because many, if not the vast majority, worship a false christ who has no saving power at all. The only sin that can't be forgiven is the sin of denying the power of God's grace and forgiveness.
I do agree with you in part.

The Story of Man is not about "belief in God; or even "worshipping God"; it is more about "obeying God" without doubt or question. It is also about understanding the balance of life; how important all life is. And then there is the issue of allowing any other to mislead you; when you know in your heart what is right and proper. Many will be lost simply because they will reject the truth.

So we go back to the text of Isaiah being given...
Isaiah 1:8-25
8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.
9 Except the Lord of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
10 Hear the word of the Lord, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.
11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
21 How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
22 Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:
23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
24 Therefore saith the Lord, the Lord of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:
25 And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

And we see even more, as it says "To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me?", they were what pointed to Christ and would not save, it was always about faith, and in the coming Christ. The works are the result of that faith, and what tells you what is sin, the knowledge of the Law. Thus we find the following...

Proverbs 24:12
If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works?

Matthew 16:27
For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

So we begin to understand what James was telling us..
James 2:17
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
In short, we are saved by faith. One who does not have faith is not saved. Short and sweet.

I do agree with you in part.

The Story of Man is not about "belief in God; or even "worshipping God"; it is more about "obeying God" without doubt or question. It is also about understanding the balance of life; how important all life is. And then there is the issue of allowing any other to mislead you; when you know in your heart what is right and proper. Many will be lost simply because they will reject the truth.
You know, Jesus once asked this sick man before he performed his healing miracle at the pool of Bethsaida: "Do you WANT to be made well?" Salvation is not forced upon, it must be accepted with full consent, and not everyone can give their full consent, most would rather stay in darkness than taking a leap of faith into the light, because darkness is all they know. They reject THE truth because they they live in an Is. 5:20/Deut. 28:67 world with their own truth, they've been so brainwashed with lies that they really believe these lies as truth, these are the kind of people who're in charge of every major institution, and this is the world we're living in!

Last edited:
Back