Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Why we should stick with the (KVJ) King James Version

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bro.Tan

2024 Supporter
With the death of Queen Elizabeth I, Prince James VI of Scotland became King James I of England. The Protestant clergy approached the new King in 1604 and announced their desire for a new translation to replace the Bishop's Bible first printed in 1568. They knew that the Geneva Version had won the hearts of the people because of its excellent scholarship, accuracy, and exhaustive commentary. However, they did not want the controversial marginal notes (proclaiming the Pope an Anti-Christ, etc.) Essentially, the leaders of the church desired a Bible for the people, with scriptural references only for word clarification or cross-references.

This "translation to end all translations" (for a while at least) was the result of the combined effort of about fifty scholars. They took into consideration: The Tyndale New Testament, The Coverdale Bible, The Matthews Bible, The Great Bible, The Geneva Bible, and even the Rheims New Testament. The great revision of the Bishop's Bible had begun. From 1605 to 1606 the scholars engaged in private research. From 1607 to 1609 the work was assembled. In 1610 the work went to press, and in 1611 the first of the huge (16 inch tall) pulpit folios known today as "The 1611 King James Bible" came off the printing press.

With all the different Bible translations we have floating around today, it seems a hard task to choose the most accurate one. You might even question the fact of there being an accurate account of the Bible, aside from the original Hebrew Scrolls. Much of this confusion has come about because many modern day religious translators have attempted to interpret the Bible, instead of merely translating it. Therefore, when they translate the Bible they add, change or delete certain words to make it confirm to their religious doctrine. God was aware that this would happen and had John write, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophesy,God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19).

When King James had the Bible translated he appointed 54 scholars to do the work instead of religious people. This made it possible for him to change the form, from Hebrew and Greek to English, without changing the meaning. In other words he made the Bible say the exact same thing, only in another language. This in itself was a fulfillment of prophecy, "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11). The Lord knew that his people would not always remain in their own land, speaking Hebrew, so he had Isaiah to prophesy that he would have his word put into other languages.

Now I ask you, is this too hard for God to do? God has always worked through men, especially kings, to fulfill his word.

to be continue.....

During the days of Ezra he worked through Cyrus, King of Persia, to fulfill his word. "Now in the first year of Cyrus King of Persia, that the word of the Lord might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, King of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it in writing..." (Ezra 1:1). The Lord worked through Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon to such a great extent that he even called Nebuchadnezzar his servant although he was not a true servant of God. And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant; and the beasts of the field have I given him also to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son's son, until the very time of his land come: and then many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of him. (Jeremiah 27:6,7). Therefore, it should not be hard to believe that God would use King James (another Gentile King) to fulfill his word. If God is God who can stop his purpose. Remember, contrary to popular belief, God rules in the Kingdom of men.

Nevertheless, under the disguise of making the Bible easier to read and understand many religious groups have come up with error filled revisions of the Bible. Because of the lack of space, I will only point out one of these so-called modern translations. On page 30 of the April 5, 1987 edition of the Chicago Sun-Times the heading read, "Catholics given revised version of New Testament." The article began, "The Nation's Roman Catholic bishops released today an updated New Testament translation that features some gender-neutral language and modern English usages that make it easier to read aloud in worship services." This is one of many examples that I could give of a religious group changing the Word of God to fit its dogma.Israel,

The Catholics like other religious groups might have meant well in their attempt to rewrite the scripture but remember what John said in Revelation 22: about adding and taking away from the word. 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

King James did not have this problem because he chose scholars who did not care about changing the meaning but only changing the tongue. If the word was man in Hebrew they simply made it man in English.

They did not assume that a gender-neutral word would be better as the Catholics have done. Therefore, God did want the Bible translated but not reworded. You do not have to learn to speak Hebrew to learn the Word of God. In the future God will give the earth a pure language. "...For all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy. For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord to serve him with one consent" (Zephaniah 3:8-9). Nevertheless, until then you can learn the Word of God in whatever language you speak, if you seek it. Paul confirmed this in 1Corinthians 14:21 saying, In the law it is written with men of other tongues and other lips will I speak, unto this people... Only beware of endless translations. There is even a New King James version which is not accurate. There might come a time when the King James version written in 1611 becomes obsolete, and that will bring about the spiritual famine that the prophet Amos wrote about "...and they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the North even to the East, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it" Amos 8:12. This to must be fulfilled.

... Much of this confusion has come about because many modern day religious translators have attempted to interpret the Bible, instead of merely translating it. Therefore, when they translate the Bible they add, change or delete certain words to make it confirm to their religious doctrine. God was aware that this would happen and had John write, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophesy,God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." (Revelation 22:18-19).

When King James had the Bible translated he appointed 54 scholars to do the work instead of religious people. This made it possible for him to change the form, from Hebrew and Greek to English, without changing the meaning. In other words he made the Bible say the exact same thing, only in another language. This in itself was a fulfillment of prophecy, "For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people" (Isaiah 28:11). The Lord knew that his people would not always remain in their own land, speaking Hebrew, so he had Isaiah to prophesy that he would have his word put into other languages.....

to be continue.....
I agree 110%. I always said that translators may put their own (denominational) spin on it (I'll prove that shortly as it's not hard). Whereas when the KJV was translated, it was by scholars with no denominational ax to grind. In addition, for reasons I won't mention here, it was translated at a prophetically significant time of the Throne of King David regarding the English language. Your Isaiah 28 quote is a clue. The naysayers claim that the availability of the biblical sources were not as available then but now there are more so the newer translations are more accurate but the caveat is they put their spin to the scriptures.

Now, I'm a KJV man, but I am warming up the NJKV if for nothing else due to the fact that it mostly says the same thing but with newer language and idioms. Notice I said "mostly".Speaking of the slant each group gives to the translation, I can find problems with the NKJV in Genesis 1 already. In Genesis 1 when talking about God making two lights (the sun and moon) the conjunction "And" (KJV) was replaced with "Then" (NKJV). You see what happened here? The translators believe in a young earth creationism (or at least a younger earth than what science shows). When we write a sentence and use "and" the conjunction connects things together but not necessarily in order. However, "then" always denotes the next event. In fact, it was at this time (however long a 'day' or yom denotes) that the sun and moon first could be seen and at that time God designated them for signs (i.e. an astronomical clock for the seasons (moeds) so let's not complicate things here). The atmosphere apparently was well clouded and full of moisture from the first earth age when destruction happened between Genesis 1:1-2. The "and" reminds the reader that way back when before God designated the purpose of the sun and moon in the moeds, that he created them at one time "And the stars also" as a reminder, not "Then" because we know stars have been around for billions of years.

So I "versed" (pun intended) myself with the KJV and read the Hebrew and Greek so I know enough that I would not consider that serious, but that's just my opinion (i.e. of the seriousness of it). But I always return back to the KJV so as not to get too carried away with other doctrines and strange sounding things. We have so much Babylon mixed in with both Judaism and Christianity (due to the warring nature of Satan's Kingdom vs God's Kingdom from the start) that when I say that I follow the feasts days that I sound heretical. But in fact, regular liturgy, holidays, celebrations, manners and so forth have more Babylon in them than Carter has liver pills (for those of you old enough to remember that expression from here in Pa). LOL

Brethren... be CAREFUL with believing and listening to so-called scholars like Dr. James White (like in the video above). He believes it alright for a NON-BELIEVER to be on Bible translation committees helping to translate The Bible.

There has been a literal battle... going on for over a century now between Bible scholars who support the Traditional Greek text that make up the 'majority' of existing Greek New Testament manuscripts, vs. those who support the so-called "Critical Text" which are from completely different Greek texts that pre-1800's Bible translations did NOT use.

The majority of Greek texts, over 2,000 manuscripts, the "Traditional text", is also called the "Majority Text" for that reason, and they make up the New Testament Greek text used in early New Testament Bible translations PRIOR to the 1800s, including the 1611 KJV.

In the 1st Edition of the 1611 KJV, the KJV translators included 2 Letters in the front, one to King James, and the other To The Reader. The translators revealed how they felt about the idea of Catholic pope in that too, that office originally named "bishop of bishops". They granted no more authority to a pope than to any other Christian brother, and they actually said that. So let's not think that removing the idea that the pope is Antichrist had anything to do with the creation of the KJV Bible.

It was King James himself that ORDAINED the 1611 KJV translation, simply because of the denominational disputes Protestants in England were having. King James forced... those Protestant scholars to actually 'work' with each other, to create the translation.

If you really want to know when the purposed corruptions in Bible translation began being pushed, it began by re-retaliation by the Catholic Church against the Protestant movement, and in attempt to bring England back under Roman authority of a pope. Later Bible translations by the United Bible Society and that use Wescott and Hort's 'new' and improved 1880's Greek New Testament revision, have had Catholic scholars on the revision committees.

If you want to know the details of the 'higher critic' attack against the Traditional Greek text used for early Bibles prior to Wescott and Hort's corrupt new 1880's Greek text, then see the following documentary...

Something else that is unknown by many Christian brethren about Britain's Christian history. Before the office of a Roman pope ever existed, Christianity had already been pre-established in the British Isles.

When Rome was still worshiping pagan gods, Christianity had already been established in Britain in the 1st century A.D.

Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 4:21 mentioned a "Pudens" along with a "Claudia" and "Linus". Roman historians like Tacitus mentioned the British royal family had been captured and taken to Roman as prisoners, and that a palace was built in Rome for them to dwell in, called the Palatium Britannicum. It is recorded also that they were Christians, and that the people in Rome who still worshiped pagan gods, wanted them executed. Pudens was a Roman officer stationed in Britain when he married Claudia and brought her to Rome. Linus was their son, and also later the first bishop of Rome. That is who Apostle Paul was sending greetings to.

Britain has early legends about Joseph of Arimathea, calling him "the tin man", that he was a trader in tin ore in early Britain. That is why the 'holy grail' legend originates in Britain. It is claimed his remains are buried at the ancient Glastonbury Church, the first Christian Church in Britain. St. Augustine himself, in the 4th century A.D. when he traveled to Britain to spread The Gospel, was forced to admit that there were already Christian bishops established in the Isles.

Back