Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rapid decline in the faith?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But it’s rough sometimes…

I seem to be a permanent pariah. Church has never worked out and a lot of it is because I cannot work.
Yes, this life is full of many difficulties, all explained though in Scripture and all answered in Jesus.
You are being treated as Jesus was treated,
as long as you continue in Him.
Others have been treated the same since the first century too, multitudes have been "pariah" to the churches in the world, and also to governments and groups of humans who are not abiding in Jesus.
For a couple years I was unable to work due to family circumstances,
and only one "church" acted like Jesus and did as Jesus Says To Do (i.e. be DOERS of the Word and not just "hearers" ; those who hear the Word and do not Do the Word are judged quite severely/ not justified by God) .... but few are they who hear the Word AND Do it.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

My other problem is that even though church culture wasn’t always good…

What will replace it?
Well, Blessed are the poor, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are you who are persecuted for My Sake....
Blessed are you who God holds no account of your sin against you,
God uses the outcasts, the down and out, the humble, the uneducated nothings
to put to shame the rulers, the experts, the scholars .....

It is the responsibility of the local church to teach and train Christians so they know what they believe, how to defend it, how to evangelise and how to answer the questions, accusations from unbelievers.
Is it? Since when?

Is it? Since when?
Since Timothy was put in charge of the Ephesian church to teach the true gospel and rebuke false doctrines, 1 Tim. 1:1-11. God appoints wise leaders to teach the congregation of his word since Moses.

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. (1 Tim. 1:3-4)
“Do you understand what you are reading?” ... “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts. 8:30-31)
... these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children. (Deut. 6:6-7)

Since Timothy was put in charge of the Ephesian church to teach the true gospel and rebuke false doctrines, 1 Tim. 1:1-11. God appoints wise leaders to teach the congregation of his word since Moses.

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia—remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine, nor give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which cause disputes rather than godly edification which is in faith. (1 Tim. 1:3-4)
“Do you understand what you are reading?” ... “How can I, unless someone guides me?” (Acts. 8:30-31)
... these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children. (Deut. 6:6-7)
Teaching one the gospel is very different than teaching them how to debate nonbelievers.

Teaching one the gospel is very different than teaching them how to debate nonbelievers.
Learning by doing. Jesus debated with the Pharisees and other religious leaders, especially in the final week after the triumphant entry into Jerusalem. Follow the master's example.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️
Especially in this era I think engaging people and planting seeds might be better than debating overall.

In ancient times people generally believed in gods…note the plural…so the issues were getting polytheistic pagans to see Jesus Christ as God incarnate not one of their demigods etc and worthy of exclusive worship. Or with Jews getting them to see Him as the fulfillment of the covenant and the long promised Messiah.
These days secularization is the big enemy. It’s a different ball ⚽️ game…

Is it? Since when?
As Titus 2 says teach sound doctrine, see :-https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Titus%202&version=NIV

Along with giving a Reason for one's hope 1 Peter3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back