Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

25 quotes on Calvinism

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What sin do you accuse me of ?

No believer has ever NOT turned from sin.
That is the first thing Peter ever taught. (Acts 2:38)

Most of Rom 7 is Paul's recollection of his own pre-conversion life, trying unsuccessfully to please God while under the Law.
He ends his narrative with the "big split".
Either man walks after the "flesh", or after the mind.
Romans 8 goes on to expand on the "split".
Walk in/after the "flesh", or walk in and after the Spirit.
You have this so wrong, but that is a different thread

“Calvinism is a system of theology that honors God and His Word by giving Him all the credit for man’s salvation from beginning to end.” #10

... from a human perspective I can see why they would prefer self determination... oh well.
I'ld like to know how one determines he has been chosen by God to be saved ?
What keeps a Calvinist from errantly thinking he is saved ?
Do they get the gift of tongues or something ?

Do you understand then, that the "saved" Paul was talking about his past in the middle of Rom 7 ?
This from your own understanding.

I gave reasons why Paul was saved when he penned Romans 7.

By your logic some scriptures were wrtiiten when Paul was regenerate and some were not.

You also do not believe that Jesis is God come in the flesh as well, if I remember correctly.

So ...you do not enjoy any of these truths.That is sad.

I enjoy the salvation I have in Christ, because I believed in Him!

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I enjoy the salvation I have in Christ, because I believed in Him!

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
So you enjoy the salvation for something you did, not for what Christ did.

Thank you for your honesty.

That would be works salvation which is contrary to scripture

Premise 1: Work per the dictionary: a mental of physical effort to accomplish a purpose
Premise 2: Our work is not a part of salvation: John 6:29, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 3:5, Romans 11:35, theme of Galatians, yada, yada
Conclusion: Salvation via works contradicts scripture.

John 3:16 ...that whosoever believes ..... all sides agree that "whosoever believes" is saved. The verse does NOT answer the question: what caused a person to believe. Verses like John 6:29 and 1 Corinthians 4:7 answer that question.

This from your own understanding.
Oh, he was converted when he penned it, but he was talking about "when we were in the flesh". (Rom 7:5)
That was his past.
I gave reasons why Paul was saved when he penned Romans 7.
I agree with your POV of him at the time of the writing of Romans.
By your logic some scriptures were wrtiiten when Paul was regenerate and some were not.
No, but he did write about his past in the flesh...and trying unsuccessfully to keep the Law.
Do you think Paul was still in the "flesh" when he wrote Romans ?
Paul himself noted being in the flesh, in the past, in Rom 7:5..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
You also do not believe that Jesus is God come in the flesh as well, if I remember correctly.
Jesus was the Word come in the flesh.
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us," (John 1:14)

Oh, he was converted when he penned it, but he was talking about "when we were in the flesh". (Rom 7:5)
That was his past.

I agree with your POV of him at the time of the writing of Romans.

No, but he did write about his past in the flesh...and trying unsuccessfully to keep the Law.
Do you think Paul was still in the "flesh" when he wrote Romans ?
Paul himself noted being in the flesh, in the past, in Rom 7:5..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."

Jesus was the Word come in the flesh.
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us," (John 1:14)
Romans 7:14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, having been sold into bondage under sin.

Paul does not say "I was fleshly".

It was his present condition, not his past.

So ...you do not enjoy any of these truths.That is sad.

You cannot understand these truths, so to you they seem false. Just like those in Jn.12:
39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,

40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

The result is you hate the truth of God although you think it is just the opposite.The 25 quotes are consistent with truth here;
6 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

If you want help to understand these things, just ask.
brightfame52

Are you going to oversee this forum or not??

Thank you for your honesty.
We MUST DO SOMETHING in order to be saved.

Cheap grace and free grace is NOT any part of Christianity.

HAVE FAITH would be one of those necessary qualities needed for salvation.
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH...
THROUGH FAITH.

OBEDIENCE would be another one of those qualities necessary for salvation.

I'm not taking the time to make a list for a seasoned believer, as no list should be necessary.

What did Jesus preach for over 3 years?

Did He leave us with ANYTHING at all to which we are to give our obedience?

McArthur is pretty strong in what is expected of a Christian.
You don't agree with anyone?
Not Calvin
Not McArthur
Not Jesus

??

WHO DO YOU TRUST???

That would be works salvation which is contrary to scripture

Premise 1: Work per the dictionary: a mental of physical effort to accomplish a purpose
Premise 2: Our work is not a part of salvation: John 6:29, 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 3:5, Romans 11:35, theme of Galatians, yada, yada
Conclusion: Salvation via works contradicts scripture.

John 3:16 ...that whosoever believes ..... all sides agree that "whosoever believes" is saved. The verse does NOT answer the question: what caused a person to believe. Verses like John 6:29 and 1 Corinthians 4:7 answer that question.
All of scripture is ONLY about works.

It must just be very scary to some and they must feel like they can't behave...
CHEAP GRACE
CHEAP

Jesus died on that cross so those like some here could THINK that they don't have to do ANYTHING to be saved.
Well, He did HIS part,,,
now we must do ours.

BELIEVE
OBEY

We MUST DO SOMETHING in order to be saved.

Cheap grace and free grace is NOT any part of Christianity.

HAVE FAITH would be one of those necessary qualities needed for salvation.
WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH...
THROUGH FAITH.

OBEDIENCE would be another one of those qualities necessary for salvation.

I'm not taking the time to make a list for a seasoned believer, as no list should be necessary.

What did Jesus preach for over 3 years?

Did He leave us with ANYTHING at all to which we are to give our obedience?

McArthur is pretty strong in what is expected of a Christian.
You don't agree with anyone?
Not Calvin
Not McArthur
Not Jesus

??

WHO DO YOU TRUST???
Faith is a free gift from God.

I trust what the Bible says.

We can only obey when Holy Spirit indwells us at conversion.

This is truth.

However, these people do not believe that. They believe they are walking sin free.

They justify their own pride that blinds them and twist Scripture for their unbiblical teaching.

It is easy to say one is sinless behind a keyboard.
Who is THEY??

We have one member here that fits the above description.

Faith is a free gift from God.

I trust what the Bible says.

We can only obey when Holy Spirit indwells us at conversion.
Of course faith is a gift.
Salvation is a gift.
God's grace is a gift.

Ephesians 2:8 is gifts given to us by God.

The questions becomes::::::::
WHO can enjoy these gifts?

Perhaps, if we follow Ephesians 2:8 we can say that it is those that ACCEPT this free gift of faith, salvation and grace?

You trust what the bible says.
Good.

The bible was written (or I should say, assembled) in the 4th century.
NO IDEA such as calvinism was EVER taught up until that time and after that time except for one Catholic whose, BTW, teaching is not adhered to by the Catholic church of TODAY or EVER.

Stop and wonder why.
You still like Calvinist preachers, fine,,,,
but don't tell every other Christian that does not agree with you that THEY are wrong.

ONLY Calvinists believe in Calvinism.
No other denomination agrees with Calvinism.

I'd stop and ponder this.

Of course faith is a gift.
Salvation is a gift.
God's grace is a gift.

Ephesians 2:8 is gifts given to us by God.

The questions becomes::::::::
WHO can enjoy these gifts?

Perhaps, if we follow Ephesians 2:8 we can say that it is those that ACCEPT this free gift of faith, salvation and grace?

You trust what the bible says.
Good.

The bible was written (or I should say, assembled) in the 4th century.
NO IDEA such as calvinism was EVER taught up until that time and after that time except for one Catholic whose, BTW, teaching is not adhered to by the Catholic church of TODAY or EVER.

Stop and wonder why.
You still like Calvinist preachers, fine,,,,
but don't tell every other Christian that does not agree with you that THEY are wrong.

ONLY Calvinists believe in Calvinism.
No other denomination agrees with Calvinism.

I'd stop and ponder this.

Calvinism (TULIP) is taught throughout the whole Bible.

The Gospel of John is all about TULIP

I believe TULIP before I new it was Calvinism.

What is wrong with giving God 100% glory for salvation?

Why does man have to have some hand in salvation?

I do not see this in the Bible.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back