Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Biden campaigns for Trump

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The bible has lots of immoral things in it, and there is genocides and ruthless slavery and all sorts, its gives detailed desciption of history and things that happned in history, and some things are sick. That has nothing to do with the teachings and the following of Christ.
So the God of the OT is not the same as Jesus Christ? The two are entirely separate?

So the God of the OT is not the same as Jesus Christ? The two are entirely separate?

Im saying that whatever happened in the OT has nothing to do with Christianity as Christianity was born from the time resurection of Jesus and lives by the life and teaching of Jesus through the gospels.

Im saying that whatever happened in the OT has nothing to do with Christianity as Christianity was born from the time resurection of Jesus and lives by the life and teaching of Jesus through the gospels.
That doesn't answer my question. Is the God of the OT the same as Jesus Christ, or are the two entirely separate?

That's fine.

I see you've replied to a bunch of my posts from days ago, all at once, so rather than reply to each of them individually, I'll just summarize.

Again, yes the Bible does contain verses about killing unbelievers. The link to those verses was in the post you replied to: https://www.openbible.info/topics/killing_non_believers

When it comes to Muslims, I have to wonder what makes you such an expert in Islam, such that you and you alone get to decide who is and who isn't a Muslim. Please explain.
Whoa!

You want me to reply to each and every verse!

Not even Mike Winger would be willing to do that...
and he LOVES to talk.

Could you widdle it down to 1 or 2 verses??

That doesn't answer my question. Is the God of the OT the same as Jesus Christ, or are the two entirely separate?
The God of the OT and the God of the NT are the same God.

You notice a difference because you think it's to your advantage.

God does not change.
Man seems to be the problem.

I will not have this conversation in the Current Events forum.

If you wish to REALLY discuss this, please post a thread in THEOLOGY.

The God of the OT and the God of the NT are the same God.
One question, if I may. If they are the same God, then why do they have such a different disposition? In the OT, God can best be described as a god of wrath and fury. In the NT, he can best be described as a teacher, a man of temperance.

I can see where Uncle J is coming from with his question. The way I attempt to solve what I perceive as an inconsistency, is by invoking the trinity. The idea being that God the Father, can act independently of The Son, and vice versa.

One question, if I may. If they are the same God, then why do they have such a different disposition? In the OT, God can best be described as a god of wrath and fury. In the NT, he can best be described as a teacher, a man of temperance.

I can see where Uncle J is coming from with his question. The way I attempt to solve what I perceive as an inconsistency, is by invoking the trinity. The idea being that God the Father, can act independently of The Son, and vice versa.

Its seems God can be ruthless and a harsh judge full of wrath and anger, yet through Jesus Christ shows his love, mercy, and forgiveness.

I mean i understand how God looks ruthless and insane in the OT, yet if anyone does have a grudge with God they can take that up with God themselves, thats not my business.

I just live by the grace and mercy of God and try live by the example that Jesus set that is love, mercy, and forgiveness in my religious belief.

I only have mercy and forgive those who genuinely repent, just like God only has mercy and forgives those who genuinely repent.

I dont forgive those who are too self proud and will never humble themsleves or admit any wrong or cause problems. Yet because i got love for humanity i pray they might repent, so i dont wish anything bad on anyone only good.

Those who repent i dont even care about there past or what they have done, they willing to turn there life around for the better, there past is erased from history in my eyes, they are a new person. The unrepentant and proud, well there sins reach the heavens and i know many.

And im not trying to make a statement like im anything great, i also need be humbled at times and try stay content.

I will not answer that here.
See you in Theology....

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back