Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rejection and discernment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Kienyui

Calvary greetings to you and your families. I write again to know you opinion about my thought.
The story of Harry Potter is such an encouraging story I have heard as a Christian. Never to give up. An assurance that is will be alright.
My questions are;
1. What happens to our churches today? They have become so judgemental and pray less. They no longer take care of strangers.

Since my predicaments started, I have visited a few churches and the obvious response is that you are not a member of our congregation. I have written to churches and wouldn't even get a reply.

2. Will it be a sin if they can help but afraid I am a scammer?
3. Has God not spoken to them about my situation?
4. Was I mean to languish is pains and hunger
5. Is the anyone any place one can recommend
6. What can I do to make God speak for me?
7. Will God be silence on my situation for life?
Was this my destiny?
Why me?
Forgive me if my questions are not relevant

Calvary greetings to you and your families. I write again to know you opinion about my thought.
The story of Harry Potter is such an encouraging story I have heard as a Christian. Never to give up. An assurance that is will be alright.
My questions are;
1. What happens to our churches today? They have become so judgemental and pray less. They no longer take care of strangers.

Since my predicaments started, I have visited a few churches and the obvious response is that you are not a member of our congregation. I have written to churches and wouldn't even get a reply.

Was this my destiny?
Why me?
I don't know what "church" this was that treated you poorly because you weren't a member. That is not a Christian response! When someone new comes to our church we try to go out of our way to make them feel as invited, welcome, and comfortable as possible. We do our best to engage them in conversation and just say hi and invite them to come again. Fellowship among believers and unbelievers alike is a very important aspect of our worship service.

To your point about being judgmental.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "judgmental" but if it is anything like the rest of society today, it means that your sinful lifestyle was not accepted to your liking. Incidentally, that is not the definition of judgmental. Calling out sin and being judgmental are not the same thing. As Christians it is our duty to admonish sin but also to do it with love and respect and to do what we can to help such a person repent of said sin.

Jesus said, "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."
Matthew 18:15-17 NKJV

A judge passes sentence. We are not judges for we too have planks in our own eyes that must be removed before we are qualified to judge another. That does not mean we do not recognize sin in others and when we do it is the Christian and loving thing to let them know about it. It's like when we see our child playing on a street, to warn them and teach them not to do it is the loving thing to do. To do nothing would not be the loving thing.

hawkman , i speak English. The language of the congregation is French. Secondly i am here because of the crisis situation that made me flee my community. French speaking Cameroonians does not accomodate us.

I don't know what "church" this was that treated you poorly because you weren't a member. That is not a Christian response! When someone new comes to our church we try to go out of our way to make them feel as invited, welcome, and comfortable as possible. We do our best to engage them in conversation and just say hi and invite them to come again. Fellowship among believers and unbelievers alike is a very important aspect of our worship service.

To your point about being judgmental.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "judgmental" but if it is anything like the rest of society today, it means that your sinful lifestyle was not accepted to your liking. Incidentally, that is not the definition of judgmental. Calling out sin and being judgmental are not the same thing. As Christians it is our duty to admonish sin but also to do it with love and respect and to do what we can to help such a person repent of said sin.

Jesus said, "If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."
Matthew 18:15-17 NKJV

A judge passes sentence. We are not judges for we too have planks in our own eyes that must be removed before we are qualified to judge another. That does not mean we do not recognize sin in others and when we do it is the Christian and loving thing to let them know about it. It's like when we see our child playing on a street, to warn them and teach them not to do it is the loving thing to do. To do nothing would not be the loving thing.
The lord help me. Our problem here is intolerance. French speaking Cameroon don't accommodate English speaking Cameroonians

So you were getting help at the Baptist church . As you say below .
This is where I was following up treatment till I was not longer able.
Treatment for what ? Why are you no longer able ? Have you asked them for further assistance ? Have you offered to work for them for food ?

This is where I was following up treatment till I was not longer able. It it a distance from me

So you were getting help at the Baptist church . As you say below .

Treatment for what ? Why are you no longer able ? Have you asked them for further assistance ? Have you offered to work for them for food ?
I was brutalized, in a attempt to force me join the separatist fighters. I was beaten and butchered with cutlass. They abandoned me when they thought I was death. God saved me mysteriously and I underwent treatment for years to be able to be here today.
Notwithstanding God has been so faithful to me. I may not have what to eat, where to stay but I have life and one there is life, there is hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harry Potter's story is empty of the One Thing that gives life its proper and deepest meaning and purpose: God. Instead, the Harry Potter story makes life all about us and gaining personal power.

My questions are;

Some may be like this. But not all. Be careful not to paint your picture of Christian churches with too big a brush. Not all churches are exactly alike, just like not all people are exactly alike.

What is your manner when you approach other Christians for the first time? Are you showing yourself friendly? Are you allowing Christ to shine from you in how deal with others? Or are you waiting for them to come to you and treat you like you want to be treated? More often than not, we have to be the sort of person we wish would meet.

What sort of churches are you going to? If they're cold toward you and you're not giving them cause to be so, find a church that is more welcoming and loving.

Was this my destiny?
Why me?

Are you approaching churches with your hand out, a stranger wanting money, food, etc. from them?

Why should God speak to them about you? Tell them yourself.

Why would you be "mean" to languish in pain and hunger?

Are you walking with God in love, submission and holiness? It's to those who are that He offers His help. Those who aren't, sin and make themselves God's enemies, as a result.

You can't make God do anything.

He "speaks" for those who live with Him in love, and holiness, and truth.

Your "destiny" is to know God, to love Him, to enjoy Him and to glorify Him. That's why He made you. As this is the way you live, everything else in life settles into place in the way God wants it to for you. He's not interested in helping those who will, when He helps them, soon forget Him and live for themselves.

I was brutalized, in a attempt to force me join the separatist fighters. I was beaten and butchered with cutlass. They abandoned me when they thought I was death. God saved me mysteriously and I underwent treatment for years to be able to be here today.
Notwithstanding God has been so faithful to me. I may not have what to eat, where to stay but I have life and one there is life, there is hope.

That is a beautiful and wonderful testimony, and I'm glad you decided to reach out to us at Christian forums.

My first leading would be to trust Him with your welfare in this situation just like you did when your life was being threatened. That's not to say the right church may open up for you immediately, but sometimes trusting God involves being patient, and letting him pave the way for you. It could be possible He would want you to start your own church, though that is something you would have to wait on his leading about as well.

But the key is simply to trust Him to provide. If you can continue to stand in faith for Him to do so, He will.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again to our forum,
Hidden

God is faithful
That is a beautiful and wonderful testimony, and I'm glad you decided to reach out to us at Christian forums.

My first leading would be to trust Him with your welfare in this situation just like you did when your life was being threatened. That's not to say the right church may open up for you immediately, but sometimes trusting God involves being patient, and letting him pave the way for you. It could be possible He would want you to start your own church, though that is something you would have to wait on his leading about as well.

But the key is simply to trust Him to provide. If you can continue to stand in faith for Him to do so, He will.

Blessings in Christ, and welcome once again to our forum,
Hidden
My trusting God in this difficult times is about walking through life with Him, and being honest about my feelings.

It’s about inviting Him into my challenges. Even if something doesn’t turn out the way i want, God is still good and will always have my best interest at heart. Life is not my will but his will be done.

No matter how broken or out of control life feels christ is always at the center.

My time maybe up soon. He may call me home soonest. Many who sees me look at me with pity forgetting that the same God Who is there in times of lack and want is Jehovah My great provider. I am not giving up on him.

I am sorry boring your lives with my story, worries and predicament. Do pray for me, maybe just that my pains are reduced. That I have a few peaceful days before going home. That I don't endure that for a longer period but that it should be anem if it it his will.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back