Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
How can we say: Sweet Heart of Mary be my salvation?

What did Mary conceive by the power of the Holy Spirit?
What did Mary consent too?
What did Mary bring forth or bear?

In the ancient prayer:
THE ANGELUS
I
V. The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.
R. And she conceived by the Holy Spirit. [Recite the Hail Mary]
II
V. Behold the handmaid of the Lord.
R. Be it done unto me according to Thy word. [Recite the Hail Mary]
III
V. And the Word was made flesh.
R. And dwelt among us. [Recite the Hail Mary]

V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

LET US PRAY:

Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts;
that we to whom the Incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the
message of an Angel, may by His Passion and Cross, be brought to the glory
of His Resurrection through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
What is this rote ritual supposed to accomplish?

There is not one word about "the sacred heart of mary"
people kneel and light candles before statues of a female idol meant to represent mary.
Is that what you think?
No
Kneeling and candles do not make worship
Worship requires intent
Images are not forbidden only graven images those worshipped as a god

Honor, veneration, prayer are not worship

I told you before that the iconoclast was condemned by the second apostolic council of nicea in the 8th century
Even God commanded images

Is that what you think?
No
Worship requires intent

I have had several catholoic priests tell me they worship mary, so stop denying it. Don, i was in that church, do not tell me this does not go on.
Do you believe Mary appeared In Lourdes France, or Medjogorie???

I told you before that the iconoclast was condemned by the second apostolic council of nicea in the 8th century
Even God commanded images
1kings 18:4 4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.

Mary sinned just like all of us and she was born with original sin just like all of us. She needed to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior in order to be saved just like all of us have to.
Can you quote me any text from the Bible that says Mary was sinless? There is none.
Show me in scripture where it says “Mary sinned”?

All scripture says about Mary is she was a virgin that gave birth to Christ. Nothing about her being ever virgin or sinless. She even said. "My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. "

If she was perfect and sinless she wouldnt need God as a Saviour she wouldn't say God my saviour.

She was a virgin who gave birth to her firstborn and is the earthy mother of Jesus that fulfilled a prophecy. She found favour with God and was chosen, she is blessed. That's is all.

Her cousin and Zacharias were called righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

That doesn't mean they were sinless.

Last edited:
1kings 18:4 4 He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan.
What does this mean in English?

Is that what you think?
No
Worship requires intent

Sophistry.

Kneeling and candles are done by accident? LOL!

I have had several catholoic priests tell me they worship mary, so stop denying it. Don, i was in that church, do not tell me this does not go on.
Do you believe Mary appeared In Lourdes France, or Medjogorie???
The church condemns all idolatry and declares only God may lawfully be worshipped
Lourdes, Fatima, Guadeloupe are valid apparitions of Mary!
You mistake veneration for worship

Graven images are forbidden
They are pagans worshiping false gods

Brazen serpent

Numbers 21:9
And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

Exodus 25:18
And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

Jn 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: (on the cross)

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
(Portrayed)

Is that what you think?
No
Worship requires intent

Kneel?

You have never seen how Shintoism does it's ancestor shrines .

It's also in most karate dojos.

Shinzen nei rei.
Bow to the flag and in the base of the Japanese flag next to the america one ,there may be the shrine of the founder of the art ,usually aikido , jujitsu and karate do have that.it will have a bonzai ,flowers and can have fresh tea with a chrysanthemum.

That's rare but I have an black belt one dojo that did that .

Paying respect ,it's very close to and originates from ancestor worship.most dojos don't know why they bow like that and my dojo were are on our knees and bow that way .

When you go to the humbu dojo of aikido .straight up Shintoism is done and they offer incese to o sensei and then begin training and will have food before the o sensei shrine .

They also are bowing and knelt in their posture .

The church condemns all idolatry and declares only God may lawfully be worshipped
Lourdes, Fatima, Guadeloupe are valid apparitions of Mary!
You mistake veneration for worship
Merriam-Webster: Veneration is similar to worship or respect: we feel veneration for things and people we adore and are devoted to completely. This is a strong word. The main meaning is for a type of religious zeal: if you unquestionably believe in your religion, then you feel and show veneration for your god and beliefs.

All scripture says about Mary is she was a virgin that gave birth to Christ. Nothing about her being ever virgin or sinless. She even said. "My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. "

If she was perfect and sinless she wouldnt need God as a Saviour she wouldn't say God my saviour.

She was a virgin who gave birth to her firstborn and is the earthy mother of Jesus that fulfilled a prophecy. She found favour with God and was chosen, she is blessed. That's is all.

Her cousin and Zacharias were called righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

That doesn't mean they were sinless.
Mary is not immaculate “sinless” by nature but by grace

Song of Solomon 4:7 Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.

Song of Solomon 6: 9 My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her.

10 Who is she that looketh forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners?

Christ not only saves us from our past sins by forgiveness but he also preserves us from future sin by his grace, in both cases he is savior, and Mary was preserved from original sin and from all sin to the glory of God and the praise of Jesus Christ! Lk 1:49

Since when does the Holy Ghost overshadow a sinner? Lk 1:35

Since when does the Holy Ghost conceive in a sinner? Matt 1:20

Since when does sinner bear the Holy savior? The Holy Son of God? Lk 1:35

Ex 25 see how holy, pure, and consecrated to God’s holy purpose:

Jesus Christ took flesh and blood from a sinner?

The Holy Spirit of God conceived in a sinner the eternal salvation of God and the holy Son of God?

Anything consecrated to God and His service (purposes) must be immaculate clean and pure, covered in Gold.

Immaculate conception (sinless)

gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!

Lk 1:28 full of grace

Lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity, filled with the plentitude of divine grace!

Sinless Virgin!

Immaculate conception!

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Mary was preserved from all sin!

Jesus is your savior?
How?

By forgiving your past sins? Yes

But also by preserving you from sin!

and Mary was preserved from all sin, original and personal!
In the first moment of Her creation in virtue of the future merits of Jesus Christ!

Lk 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope BI. Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Gen 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
(Enmities total war, none of satan’s works found in Her immaculate purity)

Lk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
(Immaculate purity, full of grace, blessed)

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
(Mary must have immaculate purity)

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
(Immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Song of Solomon 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.

Rev 12:1 a woman clothed with the sun.
(Immaculate purity)

Two ways of being savior, forgive sins: and to preserve us from sin:

Mary was preserved by God from sin!

Because of Her immaculate Conception and being filled with the plenitude of divine grace Mary from her mother’s womb saw the beatific vision of God in heaven on His throne, and was consumed with love and desire for God and His will, she dedicated and consecrated her entire being to Him forever, and began interceding and imploring God’s grace and mercy! Matt 5:8
The pure of heart shall see God.

Hope this helps

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back