Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

the first commandment

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I tink wearign a cross is great. No issues here.

As a Protestant, I suspect it is buried in the reformation where there was an austere reaction in many parts to the imagaery/idolatory in the Church as it was.

From a Protestant perspective I don't think for many it is a conscious choice based on any theology but more something a bit subconscious based on habit/fashion and maybe it has developed into cross + Jesus "looking" a bit Catholic. I have zero issue with any one wearing a cross with Jesus on it for the exact reasons you mentioned in another post.
My cross does not have Jesus on it - it isn't a crucifix.
However, I have no problem with either one.
Sometimes I think we just think in a very small way.
God is a big God - we should be thinking in big ways instead of
being overly concerned with "silly" ideas.
I think it's the respect we give to God that counts...however that may be done.

Really?? Are being deliberately obtuse or just a dickhead?

I actually quoted your post in my request:

Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus was not executed on a cross?
I agree with you but don't call anyone a derogatory name...it'll get you removed from this thread.
:)

Come out and say it- I won't be offended. Too many conversations!
I'll ask you again F.

1. Why are the witnesses so intent on stating that Jesus was not crucified (on a cross)?
Where in the bible does it state a stake was used?

2. What's the problem with a crucifix? Jesus WAS on a cross, even though He's not on one anymore - we each have the right to remember our Lord in our own way.

Aussie Mark

Great archeology evidence abounds on the types used for crucifixion.

Several types used two I mentioned. One I mentioned the Bible records Jesus catting the cross ,a team beam to be hung up on and he was nailed to it
I can post a good source but it will be ignored .

I agree with you but don't call anyone a derogatory name...it'll get you removed from this thread.
:)
Ok apologies.

To get technical I didn't actually call him that, just asked him if he was. :yes

I see you are in Italy, The term is Australian slang and has a huge breadth of meaning in intent. You may even call a friend one as term of endearment as an acknowledgment he can be a bit stupid at times. But this instance not so. :neutral

Ok apologies.

To get technical I didn't actually call him that, just asked him if he was. :yes

I see you are in Italy, The term is Australian slang and has a huge breadth of meaning in intent. You may even call a friend one as term of endearment as an acknowledgment he can be a bit stupid at times. But this instance not so. :neutral
Well, between Italian, American English, and Australian English, we might all get banned !!

Who are the saints?

Where in the Bible does it support the glorification of individuals and then assigning them to watch over certain people e.g. St Christopher the Patron Saint of Travellers? Those people who are lionised to much by the Catholic Church I suspect would have been humble in their Christian service and would actually be appalled if they only knew.

The term saints in the NT refers to all Christians, not a select group of past individuals who have been canonised by the Catholic Church.

Does this mean that wondering jasonc and myself might get statues?? :lol wondering: as a CF Ambassador you could end up being the Patron Saint of Web Forums
Great point for Hopeful.
But he'll never see it unless you tag him in.

@ plus his name.
Thanks

Very well put!! :thumb

Some people seem to get really tied-up or almost obsessed about things that in the overall scheme of things aren't so important when put into perspective. It is good to have an interest but then not so healthy for something to become an obsession.

Being more Kingdom-focussed and making sure that what we are hearing is biblically based are important, while to me whether evolution is taught as a theory in school isn't worth the worry & effort. There are some areas in CF that I find way to scary to venture. 😱

Worship of wood and stones, or beads, is idolatry.
To determine if your "treatment" of such man made devices is idolatry, spit on them.
Was that sacrilege?
If it was, the "treatment" is idolatry.
Where did you get the word worship?
I never said worship or to worship them?
I asked about a crucifix

Also are you going to spit in a picture of your mother? It’s only paper and some chemicals.
Thanks

I posted about this in another thread. I also don't have a problem either way. An empty cross shows that Jesus is no longer on it, that he rose again, which is what another user stated as the reason to only wear this type. However, a crucifix shows that one is not wearing just any cross, but the one that had Jesus on it.

In the end, Jesus died on a cross and that is what a crucifix shows; he didn't remain on the cross but rose again, which is what an empty cross shows. Either is a great reminder and can stir one to meditate on the Passion and all that goes along with that. I have one crucifix, on a bookmark, and a few other empty crosses around the house.

I posted about this in another thread. I also don't have a problem either way. An empty cross shows that Jesus is no longer on it, that he rose again, which is what another user stated as the reason to only wear this type. However, a crucifix shows that one is not wearing just any cross, but the one that had Jesus on it.

In the end, Jesus died on a cross and that is what a crucifix shows; he didn't remain on the cross but rose again, which is what an empty cross shows. Either is a great reminder and can stir one to meditate on the Passion and all that goes along with that. I have one crucifix, on a bookmark, and a few other empty crosses around the house.
Some build them and place them in the woods near the property.i was at that house yesterday and will photo that ,another one next door practically has the three crosses and will decorate them for Christmas and Easter and say He is risen .

Somewhere along a well traveled path I take one is set up. Probably in the south county of me .

Where did you get the word worship?
I never said worship or to worship them?
I asked about a crucifix
Do you hold the image of a crucifix with such high regard that you cannot spit on it?
If so, it is idolatry.
Also are you going to spit in a picture of your mother? It’s only paper and some chemicals.
Thanks
It is just a picture, not her.
Of course I could spit on it.
If I couldn't, it would be idolatry.

Do you hold the image of a crucifix with such high regard that you cannot spit on it?
If so, it is idolatry.

My goodness Hopeful.
How could you ever do that do a pix of your mother?

If someone were looking on, would that show them that you HONOR your mother, as God's commandment states?

That would be dishonoring your parents and breaking the 4th commandment.

If so, it is idolatry.

Define reverence?

My goodness Hopeful.
How could you ever do that do a pix of your mother?

If someone were looking on, would that show them that you HONOR your mother, as God's commandment states?

That would be dishonoring your parents and breaking the 4th commandment.
The subjects of my replies are simply exhibitions of what constitutes idolatry.
If it is sacrilege, it is idolatry.
It is written..."Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?" (Rom 2:22)

The subjects of my replies are simply exhibitions of what constitutes idolatry.
If it is sacrilege, it is idolatry.
It is written..."Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?" (Rom 2:22)
But as he rightly says honor, prayer, devotion, veneration are not worship not idolatry no god is involved, no idolatry, worship requires intent
Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back