Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Wildlife Photographer Wakes Up From A Nap Under A Tree With… A Sleeping Cheetah Against Him

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riven

Amazing. Who's a good kitty? 🤗

Wildlife-Photographer-768x403.jpeg

Imagine dozing off under the shade of a tree after a taxing day out in the sun, only to wake up to the gentle nudge of a wild cheetah snuggling against you. This isn’t the start of a fable or a campfire story. It’s what happened to Dolph Volker, a wildlife photographer and animal enthusiast, during one of his volunteering stints at Cheetah Experience, a sanctuary for endangered species in South Africa.

I saw that on Facebook. Not sure if it's photo shopped or not, but when the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven then:
Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Amazing. Who's a good kitty? 🤗

Wildlife-Photographer-768x403.jpeg

Imagine dozing off under the shade of a tree after a taxing day out in the sun, only to wake up to the gentle nudge of a wild cheetah snuggling against you. This isn’t the start of a fable or a campfire story. It’s what happened to Dolph Volker, a wildlife photographer and animal enthusiast, during one of his volunteering stints at Cheetah Experience, a sanctuary for endangered species in South Africa.

Adorable. I feel my dog willow sleep like this on me

When I was in my early 20's I enjoyed bow hunting for deer. I had more funny and unique experiences bow hunting for deer.

One day in late September I was kneeling on the ground on the edge of about a 40-acre CRP plot. The grasses were tall enough that while on my knees my head was just above the grasses so I hoped I was hidden pretty well. To my right side was a wooded area with two ponds and a land bridge between them, which made a nice funnel I hoped deer would use to come on to the CRP.

This particular day was not a very nice day weather-wise. It was rather nasty, cold and quite windy, raining one minute, snowing the next. I remember as I knelt there thinking, "What am I doing out here?" At one point I thought I was hearing something moving through the understory like a squirrel rusting leaves. With all that wind and the moisture from the rain and snow I figured there was no way I was able to hear something like that so I dismissed it.

But, as time went on, I continued to hear it and eventually I couldn't resist the temptation to look over my right shoulder to see if I could confirm it. When I did, I saw the nose of a deer right on my shoulder. The sounds I was hearing was the deer sniffing my neck!

The deer and I both totally freaked out! I dropped my bow on the ground and she jumped back about 15 feet away and we both froze for what seemed like an eternity. Then she started doing the typical dancing, stomping, and blowing they do in an attempt to get me to flinch. I didn't even blink my eyes until finally they dried out so much I had to. That was all it took. When I blinked, she was gone in a flash.

That was cool!

Last edited:
Hey All,
Is the cheetah sleeping with the guy? Or is he protecting his lunch?

What's for lunch?

Human CAT cciatore. (But it tastes like chicken.)

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back