Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2) Interpretation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Greetings Emmanuel,
Who amongst you can confirm the Gift Of Interpretation onto themselves?; let her speak.
"Her"?? only females??? Are you asking whether a person has received the Holy Spirit gift by direct infusion, in order to interpret Scripture or translating a statement from someone who claims they are speaking in tongues? I have not met any true claims, but witnessed some false. On one occasion a young lady claimed she was interpreting her Pastor's speaking in tongues, but I rejected her testimony as the pastor immediately after spoke some wrong doctrine, and I therefore considered the Holy Spirit was not actually present. The Pastor also tried to heal two people but failed.

Or are you speaking about a gift acquired over many years by careful meditation on the word and prayer and seeking an understanding such books as Isaiah and Daniel and the Psalms and the NT prophecies and the Book of Revelation? I would only claim to have progressed some distance in the second category.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:
Who amongst you can confirm the Gift Of Interpretation onto themselves?; let her speak.

The gift of interpretation? Of tongues, you mean? If so, doesn't someone have to speak in tongues first? And how would any of us know if the one doing the interpreting is doing so accurately and under the power of the Holy Spirit? I would never trust the interpretation of anyone whose life was a closed book to me.

Interpretation only comes by the Holy Spirit that teaches us all things we need to know. A carnal interpretation is enmity against the Spirit.

(edited)
In 1974 while in a Pentecostal church in Augsburg Germany we were helping 3 Muslims whose visas had run out get back to Cyprus. They stayed at the fellowship center for about 4 months. Our church met in the evenings at the military chapel. One guy began speaking in tongues. When I looked at him the only way I can explain how he looked was he had a glow around him. After he spoke the interpretation came. I didn't think anything about it until after the service. The three Muslims said that the man spoke in their native language of Greek, and I know the speaker did not know Greek. The were amazed that the English interpretation was identical to what was spoken in Greek. I also know the interpreter did not know Greek. (One of the Muslims Moham, spoke English fairly well, the other two, not so much) I remember their names, Moham, Sassi, and Kumar.

In my view this indicates that for 'tongues' to be true there must be some verification that what was spoken was in fact the same message as what was interpreted.

Last edited:
Back