Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

A commentary on the Book of Revelation - Part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks for offering your ideas on the passage. Your dispensational ideas are hindering you from seeing what the passage is speaking of. The six things listed have been finished by Jesus for all of His people, not for Israel only.
It comes to us by way of Daniel, but it speaks of Jesus work on behalf of all His elect People, who are part of the true Israel of God.
The tags don't cut it, I never tag nor accept tags. There s holy spirit instruction and Satan's untruths. That is short & sweet.

Who is the Prophecy unto Jesus or Israel? My goodness, this is like 2 + 2 stuff man !!

The very first verse tells us, if we just listen.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

So, who is it that the prophecy pegs Jesus or Israel as a nation?

UPON THY PEOPLE (Israel).

Jesus can't stop sinning because he never sinned, Jesus can not repent for Israel they must repent. Did Jesus repent fir you or did you repent? It's nonsensical. I have been called unto Prophecy 40 years, this is not a serious debate. There is zero doubt this is about actions Israel must take. I saw and rejected this stuff you put forth long ago, in the 80s and 90s, so its nit from you, its something a man put forth and git other men to buy into.

I offer facts as shown in the scriptures, you can not argue the point so you dodge them, I see it all the time my friend. You need to let go of things others have told you and to ask God to show you his deep truths. Its nit shame being wrong brother, I have been told Ron you are wrong many times by the holy spirit. But to her that, you have to be willing to be wrong.

The tags don't cut it, I never tag nor accept tags. There s holy spirit instruction and Satan's untruths. That is short & sweet.

Who is the Prophecy unto Jesus or Israel? My goodness, this is like 2 + 2 stuff man !!

The very first verse tells us, if we just listen.

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

So, who is it that the prophecy pegs Jesus or Israel as a nation?

UPON THY PEOPLE (Israel).

Jesus can't stop sinning because he never sinned, Jesus can not repent for Israel they must repent. Did Jesus repent fir you or did you repent? It's nonsensical. I have been called unto Prophecy 40 years, this is not a serious debate. There is zero doubt this is about actions Israel must take. I saw and rejected this stuff you put forth long ago, in the 80s and 90s, so its nit from you, its something a man put forth and git other men to buy into.

I offer facts as shown in the scriptures, you can not argue the point so you dodge them, I see it all the time my friend. You need to let go of things others have told you and to ask God to show you his deep truths. Its nit shame being wrong brother, I have been told Ron you are wrong many times by the holy spirit. But to her that, you have to be willing to be wrong.
You do not seem to understand this passage at all. Why do I say that? It is written to Israel.
It is about Jesus accomplishing redemption and bringing in everlasting righteousness by His once for all time sacrifice. You obviously have not studied the passage correctly.

TOS 1.1: Grant others the courtesy to be understood and acknowledge their views. As best as one is capable, speak truth in love.; ( Mathew 7:12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

TOS1.3: Use self control and focus on reconciliation when discussing differences. Address the issue, not the person. Do not make derogatory personal remarks or you will be removed from the thread.

What Scriptures can you produce which tell us that they are not literal????
Your position is that it is literal stars falling to earth? How could life continue on earth is stars,fall to earth?
I want to make sure what you are claiming before I show you.

Your position is that it is literal stars falling to earth? How could life continue on earth is stars,fall to earth?
Correct, the stars are either Satan and his demons being cast out of heaven and/or the word used here denotes an Asteroid via the Greek word aster.

starres 792 is an English translation of a Greek word which means aster, where we get the English word Asteroid from.

So, personally I think this points to Satan and his demons being cast to earth via the context. Bu it could also mean an incoming Asteroid. So, bit of you could be kind of correct, its just not a star, but an Asteroid instead. I guess most asteroid do not come from stars so that probably can't be correct on further consideration. Asteroid are usually rocky formations.

Correct, the stars are either Satan and his demons being cast out of heaven and/or the word used here denotes an Asteroid via the Greek word aster.

starres 792 is an English translation of a Greek word which means aster, where we get the English word Asteroid from.

So, personally I think this points to Satan and his demons being cast to earth via the context. Bu it could also mean an incoming Asteroid. So, bit of you could be kind of correct, its just not a star, but an Asteroid instead. I guess most asteroid do not come from stars so that probably can't be correct on further consideration. Asteroid are usually rocky formations.
I think it would be helpful to agree that as Rondmon has mentioned elsewhere that Satan falls in the middle of the week from heaven (let's leave aside whether you think it's the 70th week or another week) and all his angels with him. From Daniel 12:1 we have "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who is in charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time, your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book."

From Revelation 12:7 "Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven."

I interpret that the first trumpet essentially anticipates the fall of Satan on earth. From Revelation 8:7 "The first angel blew his trumpet and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."

Okay, thanks for your honest response. Now I will offer a biblical response that I think you and others should consider.
This language has been used several times, by God in the OT.
Not once did it speak of a little shooting star, an asteroid, satan, or anything else in the literal heavens.
Is it okay, if God uses language that is metaphorical to speak of a literal event?
here are a few places, where this language is used to speak of a change of government, or nations.
The destruction of Babylon;
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Isa34: Destruction of Idumea/Edom;
34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.

2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
Destruction of Egypt;

6 I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee.

7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God.

9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.

10 Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall.

11 For thus saith the Lord God; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

12 By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.

destruction of OT.Jerusalem; Joel 2:
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

Revelation 6:13
"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."

So if the "Stars of heaven falling" are not literal, then I guess the earthquake of verse 12 is not literal either.

Haggai 2:6-7; ......
"Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land, and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come; and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts." That is, there would be great agitations in the world before he came.

Then when Jesus says .....in Matthew 24:29 "The stars will fall from heaven" He was lieing!

Isaiah 34:4 predicts this stellar event. Isaiah wrote: ......
"All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree."

This connection is one reason this particular passage in Revelation seems more likely to be an actual description, rather than a symbolic one. Even taken symbolically, there seems to be an emphasis on some physical image, or event, which inspires these words.

The phrase "winter fruit" refers to unripe figs, or winter figs, which grow under the leaves of the fig tree and hang on until winter. As Jesus approached Jerusalem, He was hungry and looked for some fruit on a fig tree, but He found none. He found only leaves, but no fruit under the leaves (Matthew 21:16–19). The barren tree resembled the religious leaders of Israel: they looked spiritually healthy from a distance, but not on close examination. They produced no spiritual fruit.

Okay, thanks for your honest response. Now I will offer a biblical response that I think you and others should consider.
Not once did it speak of a little shooting star, an asteroid, satan, or anything else in the literal heavens.
Is it okay, if God uses language that is metaphorical to speak of a literal event?
here are a few places, where this language is used to speak of a change of government, or nations.
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Isa34: Destruction of Idumea/Edom;
34 Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.

2 For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

3 Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood.

4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree.
Destruction of Egypt;

6 I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest, even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee.

7 And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

8 All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God.

9 I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not known.

10 Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his own life, in the day of thy fall.

11 For thus saith the Lord God; The sword of the king of Babylon shall come upon thee.

12 By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall, the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.

destruction of OT.Jerusalem; Joel 2:
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.
Joel 30-31 predicts...........
"And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

"Stars of heaven fell".......
The word "stars" can refer to any celestial body, large or small, and is not limited to normal English usage. The best explanation is a massive asteroid or meteor shower.

Again, some Bible commentators have theorized that these "STARS" are lights and flames from falling intercontinental missiles.

"Untimely figs": Winter figs that grow without the protection of leaves and are easily blown from the tree.

The fig tree (physical Israel), rejected Jesus and His Holy Spirit. In (Acts chapter 2), we read of the sound as of the rushing mighty wind that came and filled them with the Holy Ghost.

This mighty wind is of God. Many times, when we read of the mighty wind, it is a sign of the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit can be beautiful, as we read (in Acts 2), or frightening to those who do not believe.

The Old Testament and the New Testament agree that there will be a time when the heavens will be shaken. (Isaiah chapters 7, 13, 17, Matthew 24), and at least a dozen more chapters in the Old and New Testaments agree that there will be a day, just as this one spoken of that John saw, when the heavens will be shaken.

We read also, of the spiritual shaking that will take place. We read that there shall be a great falling away in the church right before this occurs.

2 Thessalonians 2:3......
"Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

As you can see, believers will be tried, and many will fall away. (In Luke chapter 21:16), we read about those who will be betrayed by those of their own household and friends.

We read again of the commotion in heaven:

Luke 21:25-26.......
"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;" "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

You can easily see that this is prophesied, not just of John, but by dozens of pens throughout the Bible.

Well, we are saying the same thing, no use in posting all those points of emphasis. I think where you are missing my points on this is "This Asteroid" is the starting point for the Day of the Lord. That can be seen in Rev. 8. The 7th Seal opens up the Judgment Trumps, but all four Trumps are ONE EVENT, an Asteroid Impact.

Trump #1 as with Sodom, sulfur balls from an asteroid disintegrating will burn, burn, burn, the only ones they found hit the dead sea. So, as this asteroid breaks apart, it spews these sulfur ball all over, and that is why 1/3 of the trees burn. (Personally I think the 1/3 means the New World only, I mean the asteroid can't hit in the Pacific by California and in Europe)

Trump #2 is THE IMPACT, short and sweet, it causes (of course to John's eyes) a great earthquake like no other. The scale of the catastrophe comes later.

Trump #3 is the FALLOUT or Wormwood, it poisons the 1/3 fresh waters/rivers, again I think only in the New World. Jesus is going tom rule from the Old World why destroy it, he will destroy the New World, and allow Armageddon and plagues to judge the Old World.

Trump #4 is the Sun & Moon going dark and the moon blood red (which fulfils both Joel 2:31 and the Six Seal Prophesy). The smoke from all the fires (trees burning means houses will burn, and businesses) get up into the jet-stream and the whole worlds light dims by 1/3. The moon appears Blood Red because of the fires on earth giving it a red hue.

So, you say its not just a "little asteroid or shooting star" well I agree, its huge asteroid, you do understand a big enough asteroid could wipe out life on earth right? So, this is no small potatoes, and one named Apophis just so happens to be headed our way.

So, this asteroid IS the DOTL trigger event my friend.

The DOTL runs 3.5 years where Jesus/God takes back the title deed of the earth from Satan then for Jesus' 1000 year reign on earth. THEN.........this earth and Universe are set on fire, I think this earth is hell, God binds Satan to this earth, his hell and then sets it on fire as we leave for the New Jerusalem. The Lake of fire, IMHO, is the earths core, red hot core.

Well, we are saying the same thing, no use in posting all those points of emphasis. I think where you are missing my points on this is "This Asteroid" is the starting point for the Day of the Lord. That can be seen in Rev. 8. The 7th Seal opens up the Judgment Trumps, but all four Trumps are ONE EVENT, an Asteroid Impact.

Trump #1 as with Sodom, sulfur balls from an asteroid disintegrating will burn, burn, burn, the only ones they found hit the dead sea. So, as this asteroid breaks apart, it spews these sulfur ball all over, and that is why 1/3 of the trees burn. (Personally I think the 1/3 means the New World only, I mean the asteroid can't hit in the Pacific by California and in Europe)

Trump #2 is THE IMPACT, short and sweet, it causes (of course to John's eyes) a great earthquake like no other. The scale of the catastrophe comes later.

Trump #3 is the FALLOUT or Wormwood, it poisons the 1/3 fresh waters/rivers, again I think only in the New World. Jesus is going tom rule from the Old World why destroy it, he will destroy the New World, and allow Armageddon and plagues to judge the Old World.

Trump #4 is the Sun & Moon going dark and the moon blood red (which fulfils both Joel 2:31 and the Six Seal Prophesy). The smoke from all the fires (trees burning means houses will burn, and businesses) get up into the jet-stream and the whole worlds light dims by 1/3. The moon appears Blood Red because of the fires on earth giving it a red hue.

So, you say its not just a "little asteroid or shooting star" well I agree, its huge asteroid, you do understand a big enough asteroid could wipe out life on earth right? So, this is no small potatoes, and one named Apophis just so happens to be headed our way.

The DOTL runs 3.5 years where Jesus/God takes back the title deed of the earth from Satan then for Jesus' 1000 year reign on earth. THEN.........this earth and Universe are set on fire, I think this earth is hell, God binds Satan to this earth, his hell and then sets it on fire as we leave for the New Jerusalem. The Lake of fire, IMHO, is the earths core, red hot core.
I do not have a dog in this hunt.

I do not argue but I would point out that the problem with this idea of "all four Trumps are ONE EVENT",
is that the Scriptures DO NOT support it so then.

Look Again...notice that the angels are listed as 1-2-3-4. If the results are all ONE judgment, then why would the angels be designated with seperated numbers.

The most dangereous thing that we can do in trying to understand God's Prophetic word, is to lose patience and ADD to what is in front of us with our own understanding just to make a point of who is correct.

Again.....I will not argue with you but If we follow your position and we go down that rabbit hole, do you not understand that we will eventually see that means that the seals, trumpets and bowls all describe the same period, or that the trumpets and bowls simply double back over all or portions of the seals. But very poor or no arguments are given for such a position.
Now Ron....Look closely at Rev. 8:8. Does it really say an Asteroid??????
The term "AS IT WERE a great mountain" in the Greek original means = "A GREAT FORCE". That does not say WHAT IT IS, only that AS IT WERE. "AS IT WERE" is A qualifier used to emphasize that something is not exactly as it is being described.

To be clear, I DO NOT KNOW what this Scripture means. I say that for 2 reasons............
1. John did not tell us. He DID NOT TELL ANYONE else either.
2. I am a believer in the Rapture so I will not be here, so it does not concern me.

Could be an Asteroid............Yes.
Could it be a volcano.............Yes.
Could it be a Nuclear blast...Yes.

Now for Rev. 8:10-11---------
The Greek word here for STAR is "ASTER" and it means any heavenly light emitting body.

At 1st reading we can begin to think about...........
1. A Meteor or Asteroid
2. A Space Ship or Shuttle Craft.
3. Falling aircraft.
4. Biological weapons attached to misssiles.

Whatever it is, the results are that FRESH WATER is polluted. Rivers, lakes, reservoirs and streams can not be used.

Revelation 6:13
"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."
So if the "Stars of heaven falling" are not literal, then I guess the earthquake of verse 12 is not literal either.
"Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land, and I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come; and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts." That is, there would be great agitations in the world before he came.
Then when Jesus says .....in Matthew 24:29 "The stars will fall from heaven" He was lieing!
"All the host of heaven shall rot away, and the skies roll up like a scroll. All their host shall fall, as leaves fall from the vine, like leaves falling from the fig tree."
This connection is one reason this particular passage in Revelation seems more likely to be an actual description, rather than a symbolic one. Even taken symbolically, there seems to be an emphasis on some physical image, or event, which inspires these words.
The phrase "winter fruit" refers to unripe figs, or winter figs, which grow under the leaves of the fig tree and hang on until winter. As Jesus approached Jerusalem, He was hungry and looked for some fruit on a fig tree, but He found none. He found only leaves, but no fruit under the leaves (Matthew 21:16–19). The barren tree resembled the religious leaders of Israel: they looked spiritually healthy from a distance, but not on close examination. They produced no spiritual fruit.

Hello Rodger, I showed you at least 4 x where what was described by metaphor, had a literal meaning of a change of government, Babylon was over throne, Edom was over thrown, Egypt was over thrown, and earthly Jerusalem was over thrown. Did the heaven "roll up like a scroll" In Isa.13, or 34? literally? or did Babylon literally fall? Did Edom fall? If the heaven literally rolled up like a scroll , how did life itself go on?

It is a figure of speech ,God shaking life as we know it, changes coming upon the earth and the people.
Not at all, He was telling them Jerusalem on earth was going to fall, like Babylon, Edom, Egypt
Isa.34 predicted the fall of EDOM, which happened hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth. Look it up!
rev. 4-19 was describing the fall of earthly Jerusalem, as Jesus taught in Mt 24, Lk.20-21

That is why they were rejected, mt 21:

I do not argue but I would point out that the problem with this idea of "all four Trumps are ONE EVENT",

Look Again...notice that the angels are listed as 1-2-3-4. If the results are all ONE judgment, then why would the angels be designated with seperated numbers.

The most dangereous thing that we can do in trying to understand God's Prophetic word, is to lose patience and ADD to what is in front of us with our own understanding just to make a point of who is correct.

Again.....I will not argue with you but If we follow your position and we go down that rabbit hole, do you not understand that we will eventually see that means that the seals, trumpets and bowls all describe the same period, or that the trumpets and bowls simply double back over all or portions of the seals. But very poor or no arguments are given for such a position.
The term "AS IT WERE a great mountain" in the Greek original means = "A GREAT FORCE". That does not say WHAT IT IS, only that AS IT WERE. "AS IT WERE" is A qualifier used to emphasize that something is not exactly as it is being described.

To be clear, I DO NOT KNOW what this Scripture means. I say that for 2 reasons............
2. I am a believer in the Rapture so I will not be here, so it does not concern me.

The Greek word here for STAR is "ASTER" and it means any heavenly light emitting body.

At 1st reading we can begin to think about...........
1. A Meteor or Asteroid
2. A Space Ship or Shuttle Craft.
3. Falling aircraft.
4. Biological weapons attached to misssiles.

Whatever it is, the results are that FRESH WATER is polluted. Rivers, lakes, reservoirs and streams can not be used.
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

This was not a few random shooting stars, they feared for their lives

Hello Rodger, I showed you at least 4 x where what was described by metaphor, had a literal meaning of a change of government, Babylon was over throne, Edom was over thrown, Egypt was over thrown, and earthly Jerusalem was over thrown. Did the heaven "roll up like a scroll" In Isa.13, or 34? literally? or did Babylon literally fall? Did Edom fall? If the heaven literally rolled up like a scroll , how did life itself go on?

It is a figure of speech ,God shaking life as we know it, changes coming upon the earth and the people.

Not at all, He was telling them Jerusalem on earth was going to fall, like Babylon, Edom, Egypt

Isa.34 predicted the fall of EDOM, which happened hundreds of years before Jesus came to earth. Look it up!

rev. 4-19 was describing the fall of earthly Jerusalem, as Jesus taught in Mt 24, Lk.20-21

That is why they were rejected, mt 21:
I know that Brother, and those Scriptures were posted so as to support the "Literal" understanding of the Word of God as opposed to "symbolic" and you just verifed that fact for me.

Thanks and blessing to you!

I think it would be helpful to agree that as Rondmon has mentioned elsewhere that Satan falls in the middle of the week from heaven (let's leave aside whether you think it's the 70th week or another week) and all his angels with him. From Daniel 12:1 we have "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who is in charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time, your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book."

From Revelation 12:7 "Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in heaven."

I interpret that the first trumpet essentially anticipates the fall of Satan on earth. From Revelation 8:7 "The first angel blew his trumpet and there followed hail and fire, mixed with blood, and these were thrown upon the earth. And a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."
You are pretty spot on, I used to compare Dan. 12:1-2 with Rev. 12 via Michael also.

You only got the TIMING crossed up a wee bit, the Book of Revelation (BoR) is not in chronological order, so as Rev. 12 says Satan is cast down at the midway point, Rev. 8 the Judgment Trumps are the midway point or God's Wrath falling via an Asteroid Impact. Satan is cast down at this time, God's Wrath hits at this exact same time and God allows Satan to go forth conquering at the exact same time. Think on this, all have 1260 day timelines. The DOTL, the Anti-Christs reign and Satan is cast down at the 1260 and thus chases the women for 1260 days. The 1260 is THE KEY. Thus as I stated elsewhere, when one understands that the 1290 comes 30 days before the 1260 and the 1335 comes 75 days before the middle of the week 1260 events everything clears up.

So, there no need for anticipation. Here is the order

1.) Rev. 1 is Jesus the eternal God seen in all his glory. (Things which you have seen)
2.) Rev. 2 & 3 represents the Church Age. (The things which are/Church Age)
Rev. 4:1 is the pre trib. Rapture (everything after this is the Hereafter/70th week events)

Rev. 4, 5 is Jesus in Heaven with the Church (24 Elders et. al. vs. 4 shows WHY its the church)
Rev. 6 is Jesus opening the 7 Seals (nothing more, these are not Judgments themselves)
Rev. 7 is the 5 Million (144,000 or 1/3) Jews fleeing Judea and the Church in heaven

God's Wrath starts (IMHO) with the Apophis asteroid on April 13, 2029

Rev. 8 starts the Wrath of God, Trumps 1, 2, 3 and 4 are one asteroid impact

Rev. 9 is the Demons from the bottomless pit being released (1st Woe) and the "200 million" angels who slay 1/3 of those who have taken the Mark of the Beast (2nd Woe).

Rev. 16 COMES NEXT, it is the 7 vials which emits from the 7th Trump, they are the 3rd Woe, this ends with Jesus showing up at the 7th Vial in Rev. 16:19. (Rev. 15&16 is ONE CHAPTER)

The above is the true Chronological Order of the Book of Revelation

Every other chapter left is happening at the exact same time as chapters 8, 9 and 16. We call them Parenthetical Citation Chapters. I will show how all start at the 1260, middle of the week, save for Rev. 11, Rev. 14 and Rev. 19, the latter two covers the full 7 years.

Rev. 10 is just the 7 Trumps called the 7 Thunders, when the 7th trump sounds time will be no more [as we know it, Jesus time will be at hand]. The scroll or little book is both sweet and sour because judgment brings in Jesus' rule/kingdom, but billions of humans will die also.

Rev. 11 actually starts 75 days before the middle of the week 1260, because the 1335 is the Two-witnesses showing up 1335 days before the 2nd coming to turn Israel back unto God. Notice the 2nd woe is spoken about in Rev. 11 but we get the REAL TIME EVENTS in Rev. 9 and we see that the 7th Trump sounds right after it states the 3rd Woe comes quickly. But, we see the actual 3rd Woe in Rev. 16, the 7 Vials are the 3rd Woe.

Now we get all the 1260 day matches !!!

Rev. 12 is Satan chasing the Woman (Israel)
for 1260 days,
so this starts at the same time as Rev. 8 and runs through Rev. 9 and Rev. 16, for 1260 days.

Rev. 13 is the Anti-Christ ruling mankind for 1260 days as "The Beast" so it starts in Rev. 8.

Rev. 14 (The Harvest Chapter) like I stated covers the full 7 years, why? We see the Wheat (Israel) waiting on Mt. Zion, they are "CODED as the 144,000" but its really like 5 million Jews (1/3). But Israel are really in the Petra/Bozrah area waiting, they are shown on Mt Zion because they rule with Jesus for 1000 years. We see the Wicked Grapes (also the known as the Tares) in verses 17-20 where God kills them via His wrath and they await final judgment in the Grave. But in vs. 14 we see the "PRE TRIB. RAPTURE Harvest" Jesus himself from upon a cloud harvest the Church or "The Barley Harvest" which was always harvested first. Thus the Wheat and the Barley both have First-fruits.

Rev. 17 is the Harlot False Religions being Judged by God who uses the A.C. and his 10 kings (the E.U.) to kill her off. This can only start at the 1260 because the 10 kings rule ONE HOUR with the Beast as Rev. 17:12 says, and we know this means 1260 days. So, this starts at the exact same time as Rev. 8 also.

Rev. 18 also starts at the same time as Rev. 8, NOTICE Babylon (the whole earth) is now the habitation of devils in vs. 2, who get cast down when? At the 1260 middle of the week. Then in vs. 4 we see God calls on his people (the 1/3 of Israel who repented) to, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. So, when does Israel flee? At the 1290 but she is protected for 1260 days.

See how everything revolves around the 1260 middle of the week event? It is the key.

Finally, Rev. 19 covers the full 7 years, WHY? Because we see the Church in Heaven before she has received her White Robes, she still has not married the Lamb yet, but in Rev. 4:4 we see they already have on their White Raiment, so Rev. 19:8 is before Rev. 4:4, and of course we the Church return with Jesus as Rev. 19:17-19 shows, whilst the Beast is still ruling on earth.

Then in Rev. 20-22 that's the Judgment seat, the ever-after and New Jerusalem

Rev. 11 the 7th Trump blowing (brings the 7 Vials/3rd Woe, that is why it proclaims Victory. Rev. 14:17-20 the Wrath poured out on the Wicked Grapes. Rev. 16:19 Jesus landing on Mt. Zion and defeating "The Nations" and Rev. 19:17-20 are all the EXACT SAME EVENT !! Jesus defeating the Anti-Christ and all his evil Armies.

I said all four Judgments are ONE EVENT, and God doles out four punishment phases. The fires set ablaze a 1/3 of the trees, which burn houses etc. etc. or the whole new world(1/3) is ablaze. Then you get the IMPACT one can happen without the other, Sodom was burned up in this manner without a known impact. The Russian explosion many years back never impacted. But with an IMPACT you will have poisonous FALLOUT (Wormwood) to the fresh waters in the New World (1/3). Finally the Trees burning will put smoke in the atmosphere.

As I was listening some years back to the guy who had the vision of Apophis, the same guy who stated the last Pope (Francis I think) was going to resign, and he did, the first Pope in 600 years to resign. So, he said a friend of his at NASA, a scientist first told him, you are looking at Rev. 8 all wrong, its one asteroid impact, shown in four phases.

God's Trumpet Judgment can be divided in any way He sees fit. I just explain what they mean. Changing the facts of the prophecy in Rev. 8 is above my pay grade.

Again.....I will not argue with you but If we follow your position and we go down that rabbit hole, do you not understand that we will eventually see that means that the seals, trumpets and bowls all describe the same period
No, the Seals open the 7 Trumpet Judgments, (7 = Divine Completion in the bible) they point towards the coming Anti-Christs 42 month reign of terror in Seals 1-5 and towards God' soon to come Wrath in Seal #6, then we see the Jews fleeing Judea in Rev. 7, that's all it is, that is why Rev. 7 says HOLD UP the four winds (God's Judgments) until we can seal the 144,000 which is a CODE just like the 10 Virgin Brides = the Complete Church. 12 = Fulness and 10 = Completeness so 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 = Fulness x Completion or ALL Israel who repents, and Zech. 13:8-9 says that is 1/3 of Israel or like 5 million Jews repent, not 144,000. God gets them SEALED (Saved and sealed with His holy spirit) then the Judgments that HURT the Earth, Sea and Trees can begin, well, that Rev. 8 and the asteroid impact.

Kings sent messages all the time with Three Wax Signet Ring Seals on them, they could not be read until all 3 were taken off, this Scroll having 7 Seals is telling us, God Himself (Jesus) is the one who opens up the seals scroll and brings the Judgment Trumps. The 7th Trump brings the 7 Vials, which is the 3rd Woe. So, the 7 Vials are real, they are POURED OUT, the Trumps are indeed SOUNDED but no angel does anything at the Seals except the covering angels or beasts in heaven say "COME AND SEE" COME AND SEE" over and over, John is seeing a vision of what is coming.

But very poor or no arguments are given for such a position.
It is an Asteroid.

But this is my calling for nigh 40 years. I was shown or told in a vision in 1986, from a booming voice in the heavens above as a ran from some evil dudes with two small kids, that "The Man of Sin is Here". I been doing this 40 years since 1983.

Yes.........no.............no. No volcano can do what this is going to do. This Asteroid when it hits will have more power than all of the Nuclear bombs on the face of the earth combined. How are tress going to be set ablaze in a LARGE PATH? Not by a volcano, but by a asteroid breaking apart somewhat, and dropping burning sulfur balls onto forests as it whizes around before impact.

And it is where we get Asteroid from.

Yes, 70 million years ago research what a larger asteroid did to the earth and dinos. This is 10 times smaller, this is Judgment by God. He said FIRE NEXT TIME. Joel 2 describes this. Revelation is easy to me brother, since I got all THE KEYS. Before I figured out all of the keys are hidden in the Old Testament it was hard for me to grasp.

I said all four Judgments are ONE EVENT, and God doles out four punishment phases. The fires set ablaze a 1/3 of the trees, which burn houses etc. etc. or the whole new world(1/3) is ablaze. Then you get the IMPACT one can happen without the other, Sodom was burned up in this manner without a known impact. The Russian explosion many years back never impacted. But with an IMPACT you will have poisonous FALLOUT (Wormwood) to the fresh waters in the New World (1/3). Finally the Trees burning will put smoke in the atmosphere.

As I was listening some years back to the guy who had the vision of Apophis, the same guy who stated the last Pope (Francis I think) was going to resign, and he did, the first Pope in 600 years to resign. So, he said a friend of his at NASA, a scientist first told him, you are looking at Rev. 8 all wrong, its one asteroid impact, shown in four phases.

God's Trumpet Judgment can be divided in any way He sees fit. I just explain what they mean. Changing the facts of the prophecy in Rev. 8 is above my pay grade.

No, the Seals open the 7 Trumpet Judgments, (7 = Divine Completion in the bible) they point towards the coming Anti-Christs 42 month reign of terror in Seals 1-5 and towards God' soon to come Wrath in Seal #6, then we see the Jews fleeing Judea in Rev. 7, that's all it is, that is why Rev. 7 says HOLD UP the four winds (God's Judgments) until we can seal the 144,000 which is a CODE just like the 10 Virgin Brides = the Complete Church. 12 = Fulness and 10 = Completeness so 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 = Fulness x Completion or ALL Israel who repents, and Zech. 13:8-9 says that is 1/3 of Israel or like 5 million Jews repent, not 144,000. God gets them SEALED (Saved and sealed with His holy spirit) then the Judgments that HURT the Earth, Sea and Trees can begin, well, that Rev. 8 and the asteroid impact.

Kings sent messages all the time with Three Wax Signet Ring Seals on them, they could not be read until all 3 were taken off, this Scroll having 7 Seals is telling us, God Himself (Jesus) is the one who opens up the seals scroll and brings the Judgment Trumps. The 7th Trump brings the 7 Vials, which is the 3rd Woe. So, the 7 Vials are real, they are POURED OUT, the Trumps are indeed SOUNDED but no angel does anything at the Seals except the covering angels or beasts in heaven say "COME AND SEE" COME AND SEE" over and over, John is seeing a vision of what is coming.

It is an Asteroid.

But this is my calling for nigh 40 years. I was shown or told in a vision in 1986, from a booming voice in the heavens above as a ran from some evil dudes with two small kids, that "The Man of Sin is Here". I been doing this 40 years since 1983.

Yes.........no.............no. No volcano can do what this is going to do. This Asteroid when it hits will have more power than all of the Nuclear bombs on the face of the earth combined. How are tress going to be set ablaze in a LARGE PATH? Not by a volcano, but by a asteroid breaking apart somewhat, and dropping burning sulfur balls onto forests as it whizes around before impact.

Yes, 70 million years ago research what a larger asteroid did to the earth and dinos. This is 10 times smaller, this is Judgment by God. He said FIRE NEXT TIME. Joel 2 describes this. Revelation is easy to me brother, since I got all THE KEYS. Before I figured out all of the keys are hidden in the Old Testament it was hard for me to grasp.
And I disagree with you and instead accept what the Bible says.

Each Seal judgment is an event and each one becomes progressivly harsher.

Yes, as I said it could be an Asteroid. "Wormwood" = Bitter/poisonous.

No sir! There is no misunderstanding on my part.

I did not say that it was not a heavenly body/asteroid my friend.

You are saying that all of the Trumpet judgments are ONE event. I disagree with your opinion. There are SEVEN Trumpet judgments given by SEVEN angels. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 = SEVEN different angels bringing SEVEN different judgments.

Each one is different and more sever that the previouse one.

It is an Asteroid.

You said.....
"Yes, 70 million years ago research what a larger asteroid did to the earth and dinos."

So you are saying that the 6000 year old Bible explination of Creation is wrong.

Back